It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest Social issue In the US You do the crime you do the time .(and we love our lynch mob attu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
Once again To all You who LOVE being the LYNCH mob here .Over and over again I see you post about a crime and how you would just love to kill that person and or have them locked up for life (as happened in this case)
Regardless of any evidence or not Especially when a man is accused of a sex crime or a woman accused of a crime against children I see almost every one here jump right on the band wagon of how they would KIll or such and such taht person and how that person is such a low life creep who should be locked up forever or killed and you would gladly pull the trigger if you could. (Never mind by pulling teh trigger you become the Murder)
well once again a man accused and convicted and in prison for 30 years is found NOT to be the person who committed the crime . Worse yet even WHEN the tril was going on there was alot of evidence showing this GUY was NOT the person .
BUT because of people LIKE YOU who only care to see someone pay for a crime (not matter if they did it )
he was convicted on Juts the womans say so even worse at first she says she dont know who it was . and still even with that and Albie he is still convicted .
You with your mod mantialty who would love to pull the trigger are The real Criminals as all the lifes YOU destroy with FALSE accusations and teh lets kill them attitude.
Now I am will to bet there will be thous who reply to this post still having the lets kill them all mentality . When OVER and over time again it has been shown the police manufacture evidence in many cases such as this when so many of you are yelling for blood they become more consirened about finding someones blood to spill for you they no longer care about how much evedence they may or may not have .Some one must pay you SAY so they find someone .
again I dont expect you will ever change as you hate the world and it shows but Rember This WELL it could easly be you tommrow all it takes is a woman who yelles RAPE or he just touched me is enough to gte you a sex charge for LIFE . and for all the ladys who love using this against men so much all it takes for you is someone saying Child abuse so the power you think you have can be taken away just as easly with just a few words .
So think about it before you get out your pitch forks and torches

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

That was an awesome rant!

I will admit there are certain crimes.....especially the ones against children and animals ...that really make me livid....and sometimes....there is murder in my heart...for a moment. I have verbally vented this way before...I admit it....but it is just me getting my anger out.

I agree with you...there needs to be 100% evidence that a person committed a crime....people need to be absolutely sure before they present evidence and convict someone.

However...in talking about a crime and the people involved...people are going to have their suspicions and their speculations....that is just human nature. Right or wrong....they will have a discussion about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
True facts.

Mob mentality is reactionary violence and is a symptom of ignorance, misinformation, and often times outright brainwashing.

It goes 100% against the principals of Liberty, Justice, Freedom, and Fairness.

There is no impartiality, it is entirely partial and bias in it's doling out of punishment (the lynch mob).

However, I am here fighting in the trenches with you, and although we may not always see eye to eye, I am sure we can agree that these folks need to be put in their place.

I would like to point you to an example of my own lambasting of the mob mentality and the lynch mob.

A thread I created in January

I didn't make that thread to create controversy, nor did I do it to troll anyone.

I did it because it's my way of shaming the lynch mob and revealing them to be anti-freedom. My goal was to educate folks and remind them of what we are suppose to stand for and believe in.

My goal is still to this day the same essentially, I want to eliminate ignorance (including my own) and that's just how I go about doing it.

edit on 21-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well dern it, I just done sharpened my pitch fork too. Honey grab the rope, they said no lynichin today.

edit on 21-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

30 years of his life, I hope he gets more than a shrimp dinner. Allthough, i dont think any ammount of money can replace 30 years.

Our system and knee jerk society is what needs an overhaul.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
To think of all the innocent people convicted of a crime each and every day. And for those who suffer serious crimes is a shame.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Obviously there was enough evidence presented to convince a jury of HIS PEERS that he was guilty or he wouldn’t have gone to prison. The jury had to make a decision based on the best available evidence at that time…and they did. Justice was served based on the evidence presented AT THAT TIME! This case was from 1982…long before DNA evidence would have saved him from a conviction. Once new technology was available and new evidence showed the DNA didn’t match…justice was served once again and the man was exonerated. What’s your point?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0

30 years of his life, I hope he gets more than a shrimp dinner. Allthough, i dont think any ammount of money can replace 30 years.

Our system and knee jerk society is what needs an overhaul.

It's our "indoctrination system" that really led us down this path.

People are taught to not think, to just react emotionally, and that is the best way to deal with complicated issues in life.

Look all around you, pure ignorance and violence are presented as the solution to our problems.
We have a problem with another nation? Bomb em.
Got a problem with the druggies? Round em up and lock em up.
Got a problem with virtually anything these days? Violence and forceful coercion are totally the solution!

It's a lie. It's misdirection, a decoy, a ruse.
A carefully crafted ever present indoctrination technique.
Violence is the problem, not the solution!

People need to get educated about reality pronto and start thinking for themselves finally.
The human race has a ZERO % chance to survive if we keep on being ignorant brutal cavemen.

What was it that gave us the edge over the beasts of prehistory? Intelligence!!
It was our ability to use strategy and ideas to defeat our enemy RATHER than using direct brute force.

But look at how our society has gone right back to square one. We are almost worse off emotionally/mentally/physically/spiritually than our cavemen ancestors. It's a real shame.

I want to see this change.
I want to see a civilized society based on deep-thinking.
But instead what I have is a war-like society based on forceful coercion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

As per your description of events the point would be that justice is apparently dynamic, fluid and relative.

Hence, not worth hanging your hat on.

Yet we rob people of their lives in the name of it everyday.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well LOL thanks for the cool replys lol no lynching today lol funy as that is it should be our attutide always . After all we dont have to lynch today lol/
and yes I do aggree we have no choice but to deal with people who are a danger to others and knowing that also meens I know sometimes it will be the wrong person . So I REGREAT having to say this person needs to be jailed or even put to death . You see I dont say we sould just let them all off I say we should always be of heavy heart when we have no choice but to condemn someone for life or death.And pray we didnt make a mistake
Its SHOULD never be about the emotion of the mint .
You If my own son was found to be a murder I would say he must be locked up or even put to death if nesser to keep it from happen to someone else but It would tear my heart out as well . I LOOK at all people this way .
When you enjoy the thought Of killing and torcher you are no different then the person who committed the killing or tucher

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by seabag

As per your description of events the point would be that justice is apparently dynamic, fluid and relative.

Hence, not worth hanging your hat on.

Yet we rob people of their lives in the name of it everyday.

The system works great most of the time. The prisons are not full of NICE people. Prisons are overcrowded with criminals. Do juries make a mistake now and again? Sure, don’t you make mistakes occasionally? Does that mean we should all disregard what you say because you’re fallible?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So where do you draw the line?

I love watching criminal shows on ID (Investigative Discovery). Right now that is my favorite background TV. I am always amazed at the criminals behavior when interrogated and their response to verdicts. Even more the victims families. They seem bent sometimes on retribution, like you said. They want to inflict pain for pain on a killer and hiss at the perp when the opportunity to speak in court is presented. For shame.

If we seek revenge then we are no better than the criminal. He has won if we become like him. What happened to turn the other cheek? I can hear the booing. And what if it was you or YOUR daughter, etc.

We are presented with few alternatives these days. There's the 20 years of appeals death sentence (speedy trials?). The Life but the jail is full quick release solution. The innocent but railroaded and never review, and the life without parrolll. All these are tailored to reflect the current morass the American Justice system is in.

The bottom line is its a business and the fuller the jails are with long sentence model prisoners, the more money the corporate prison system makes.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I disagree, the system screws people over most of the time.

A vast percentage of those locked up are innocent, but it's too late now isn't it?

The prison system doesn't reflect the Constitution nor does it reflect the upholding of Liberty. In fact it typically tramples upon our Liberties rather than upholding them.

The "Law" doesn't reflect Right vs Wrong either.
There are a lot of wrong things that are 'legal' and there are a lot of right things that are 'illegal'.

Our system is totally backwards.

We claim that in order to punish someone they must have that punishment decided by a court of law, then we send them to prison and laugh about how they dropped the soap and got raped.

Since when is RAPE a legitimate punishment for any crime??
It's absolutely disgusting and shows the depths of degradation that this entire system has become, a rape factory essentially. Undeclared punishments imposed, people laugh about it, it's all a grand farce and complete repudiation of our Freedom.

I call that pure unjust tyranny, to be frank about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are the full of not nice people? How many crimes are crimes simply by decree and not because they actually harm anyone?

Sure, I make mistakes. Everyone does. My mistakes dont lead to lethal injections.

People like to tout "jury of your peers" as though it should inspire faith and confidence. Well, my peers are pretty much morons and fools. Having twelve of them decide my fate does not inspire confidence.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Obviously there was enough evidence presented to convince a jury of HIS PEERS that he was guilty or he wouldn’t have gone to prison. The jury had to make a decision based on the best available evidence at that time…and they did.

Again you are totally misinformed.

Juries do what they are told 99% of the time by the judge, they don't decide anything.

When I was on a jury overseeing the trial of a 15-16 yr old black kid, the bailiff who walked us into the deliberation room said we have 5minutes to decide and that we need to convict this criminal.

The entire jury just immediately said "he's guilty". No one asked for evidence, no one even CARED about evidence, no one CARED about fairness or JUSTICE.

They just said HES GUILTY- CAN WE GO HOME NOW???

What kind of "justice system" is this?? It's a complete farce, a JOKE.

And to top all of this off, I said NOT GUILTY, and they threatened me and said if I don't agree to speed this thing up, they would have me out there on something or another. I was actually threatened by a group including the precising officer to play along and not cause any trouble!!!

The most hilarious possible irony out of this is that if one day You were accused of crimes you did not commit, and your jury said "Guilty! Can we go home now???" I really wish you could see things for what they really are....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Must be my lucky day I rarly get so many thought through replys .
Yes most of the time the person convicted did do a crime and again I aggree we have no choice but to deal with that in a way that stops it from happing again .
But we should always be ready to say wate we were wrong and need to be very carfull what we are doing isnt about revenge but about protecting people .In other words yes we have to deal with crime but we DONT have to enjoy it. Maybe if the police hated using guns and tasers there wouldn't be so many grandmas getting zaped hu.
Or we hated filling up our jails with VICTIMLESS crimels . If there is No victim how can there have been a CRIME??? now really tell me how a kid with one smoke is a danger to you or any one else ?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by seabag

Are the full of not nice people? How many crimes are crimes simply by decree and not because they actually harm anyone?

Sure, I make mistakes. Everyone does. My mistakes dont lead to lethal injections.

People like to tout "jury of your peers" as though it should inspire faith and confidence. Well, my peers are pretty much morons and fools. Having twelve of them decide my fate does not inspire confidence.

Exactly.

What's the difference between That and playing Russian Roulette?

In Russian Roulette you can actually win, if you are lucky enough to get the right chamber.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by seabag

I disagree, the system screws people over most of the time.

A vast percentage of those locked up are innocent, but it's too late now isn't it?

The prison system doesn't reflect the Constitution nor does it reflect the upholding of Liberty. In fact it typically tramples upon our Liberties rather than upholding them.

The "Law" doesn't reflect Right vs Wrong either.
There are a lot of wrong things that are 'legal' and there are a lot of right things that are 'illegal'.

Our system is totally backwards.

We claim that in order to punish someone they must have that punishment decided by a court of law, then we send them to prison and laugh about how they dropped the soap and got raped.

Since when is RAPE a legitimate punishment for any crime??
It's absolutely disgusting and shows the depths of degradation that this entire system has become, a rape factory essentially. Undeclared punishments imposed, people laugh about it, it's all a grand farce and complete repudiation of our Freedom.

I call that pure unjust tyranny, to be frank about it.

Please point to a country that has a system of law that is better and more just than the one we have in America.

As far as your assertion that the “VAST MAJORITY” of those in prison are innocent, then I ask who is doing the “raping” that goes on in prison that you speak of? The poor, wrongly convicted, innocent prisoners? Your position doesn’t seem to be well vetted, friend.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How can I show you a better system of "Law" when this isn't even a "Lawful" system in the first place?

So you admit rape is prevalent, than explain to me which court or jury deemed this the correct punishment?

Where does it say rape is acceptable punishment? Which law exactly??

We all know that rape is an inevitable reality when going to the big house, in many situations and contexts. The only way to avoid rape is to join a prison gang or be a kung fu master. Let's be realistic here.

A reasonable solution would at least be to prevent the prisoners from having any social contact with each other, it would eliminate gangs, rapes, murders etc.

Prison should be isolation (for protection of society AND the accused criminal), and this was what was originally intended when the modern prison system was developed only a few centuries ago.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The reason there are the lynch mobs is do to how we live. Tv is just all blind reaction no real though to it Guys wife dies and then by the end of the movie he kills the guy and 10-20 of these poor security gaurds that get in the way. Blind reaction they should make a 2nd part where the 10-20 gaurds have kids that grew up without a dad and kill said guy and the cycle repeats. eye for a eye just leaves blind morons.
half the time media does a terrible job and rial up the public with half truths and the wrong person goes away for it. Take a look at the Anthony case the media kept saying she murdered the little girl then the jury found her inoccent i swear there was going to be a marching lynch mob after. The people where so brain washed by the media the thought never crossed there mind that she could of been inocent and the media kept reporting the whole evil mom story because that sold papers n got viewers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join