It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1billion = 1 dead dictator (Qaddafi)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Call him the billion-dollar man. One billion for one dictator.

According to the Pentagon, that was the cost to U.S. taxpayers for Muammar el-Qaddafi's head: $1.1 billion through September, the latest figure just out of the Defense Department.

And that's just for the Americans.

The final totals will take some time to add up, and still do not include the State Department, CIA, and other agencies involved or other NATO and participating countries.

news.yahoo.com...

Well, well, well. $1billion of our taxpaying money went towards the killing of this man. Really? Jesus #...I'm thinking a cool $25,000 and I could get this guy killed. That's a lot of money for a few folks willing to do the deed.

So what could we buy with $1billion?
1 billion McChicken sandwhiches to start.
The lifetime income of me & 590 of my peeps.
The lifetime income of me & 2500 poverty friends.
Annual income of 25,800 folks.
The winnings of every powerball jackpot in 2007.
20 days worth of video game sales (wow! shocked me).
45% of the total program unit of a B-2 bomber.
Yearly profits of General Mills.
48 hours of war in Iraq (Damn another shock).

I think it's safe to say we all know where our national debt comes from.

www.wallstats.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well now. How about you do the ac#ing to get Sadam. This one was a deal. No US personnel killed. A bargain to be sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Well now. How about you do the ac#ing to get Sadam. This one was a deal. No US personnel killed. A bargain to be sure.

No matter how cheap murder is, it's never a bargain.
It's a steal. Straight up theft.
Of human dignity, life and liberty.

And at what price does our entire nation pay geo-politically? We can never afford to pay that off, our nation will always be known as a war-mongering tyrannical nation. (Mexican-American war, Civil War, Spanish-American, Boxer Rebellion, South/Central American interventions and the list of wars grows exponentially once the 1900's start!)

Do I really need to bring up our real TRUE history?

"First Barbary War"

The First Barbary War (1801–5), also known as the Barbary Coast War or the Tripolitan War, was the first of two wars fought between the United States and the North African Berber Muslim states known collectively as the Barbary States.

wiki link

How many times do we really need to destroy Libya?
This is like the 4th time since our nation began.

Enough is enough already. Can we please stop borrowing money we don't have from bankers at high interest % rates and then using that to destroy other nations?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Honestly... i would have done it for only $10,000. Assuming of course they supplied the weapons, travel, and i got to keep the equipment i was supplied. However, we have no buisness in any of these struggles. if we were to let the revolutions take place and let the people decide then they will not bitch that they did not want the revolution that they won due to other government.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

We're just a bunch of bullies it seems. We are a hated, evil, regime in the Middle East to most of the countries. I have a feeling we are going start a fight with a power (China) & likely get it handed to us. Unfortunately it will ultimately lead to the end of man kind.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I'm sick and effin tired of American tax money being spent on such wasteful things, like war and lies! It's getting to the point that Americans should band together and refuse to pay taxes (a fairy tale I know).

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whole lot of of dollars just so the Sec. State could sit with here iphone and look surprised about something she already knew about
DH
edit on 21-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

top topics

join