It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Battery Using D-Clusters in Nano-materials (Cold Fusion?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A possible explanation for Rossis E-Cat(www.abovetopsecret.com...)?

There is a power point presentation(nuclear battery) by George H. Miley(www.ae.illinois.edu...)

He has tried to replicate a so called Patterson Power Cell(en.wikipedia.org...) looking for nuclear reactions by employing mass spectrometry(before and after a run). He has observed a large increase of isotopes after a run. With 39 elements in the probe experiencing a isotope density shift.

He also observed charged particles and soft x-rays which he proposes should be looked for in Rossis E-Cat!

The hypothesis is that high density deuterium clusters between Pd, Ni layers are the source of(facilitate) low energy nuclear reactions(cold fusion). Currently they are working towards switching from layers to nano-particles to increase the reaction surface. And energy output?

Here a link to the power point presentation converted to pdf: pdfcast.org...

edit on 19-10-2011 by moebius because: Add pdf link

edit on 19-10-2011 by moebius because: Fix power point link

edit on 19-10-2011 by moebius because: clarify thread title

edit on 19-10-2011 by moebius because: Add link to latest e-cat thread

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I sure do hope a new battery age comes.. I mean, right now, we are only in the second generation of Batteries, and its not that hot...

What will soon happen, (Moore's Law) is that due to the limit of power from a battery, Cell Phones will be halted in advancement. There simply isn't enough energy to handle 2 Ghz cellphones with all the gadgets.. Something must be found to fix this, or the cellphone industry will grow stagnant, and die.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

This is actually about cold fusion not only cellphones might be affected.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moebius

I understand
. It would be quite amazing.. Cold Fusion would change the world as we know it.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I do know Automotive Battery tech was making leaps and bounds years ago in the late 80's up to the early 90's....Then it was STIFILED by the DOD and all emphasis was directed at militarizing batteries for battlefield equip. Then the First Gulf War happened and it never came back to us the consumers. I know this because Chrysler had an all elctriv Mini Van that was going to be produced but never did do to the defense department contracting all the top battery firms.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This seems to pose some substantial problems, though... it would seem that the cold fusion reaction, itself, runs the risk of 'transmuting' the materials used to generate the phenomena into some other element(s) that will, likely, be less than cooperative.

Still - seems fairly interesting.

reply to post by NorthStreet1

The (somewhat unfortunate) reality is that electric vehicles are simply impractical. Designs in the 80s ran off of lead-acid batteries - which are heavy and degrade substantially under continual use. Solid state technologies were also not nearly as mature, then, as they are today (particularly with the MOS technologies that are dominating the high-power market today due to cheap costs and much better efficiencies).

Electric cars have been built as demonstrators for quite some time - and even existed as far back as the 40s/50s - but they are simply not practical - especially when you start adding in things like climate control (AC/heaters) and stereos.

What will start happening in the near future is a transition to an electronically centralized car design. The car will actually operate off of electricity (and none of this half-assed single electric motor stuff - the motor will be integrated into each wheel - making an inherent 4WD with EM-braking and various track-lock/anti-lock capabilities). Power will be generated by more standard means (some kind of engine or fuel cell) and dumped into a power reserve (likely a mix of capacitors and batteries to give a good mix of surge performance and longer term endurance at higher power draw) - which will power the car's systems (spare for the heater - which will likely run off of waste heat from the power generator).

To link this all back into the OP - the power generator could also be a drop-in "Cold Fusion" replacement reactor (simply built to the form factor of the fuel cell or APU module that was previously in the car).

Or... that would be if the cars automobile industry was free-market. It is not. Government regulations will ensure that, if Cold Fusion came out tomorrow (and it was perfect for automotive applications) - it would be 20-30 years before we ever saw it in the automotive industry.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

risk of 'transmuting' the materials used to generate the phenomena into some other element(s) that will, likely, be less than cooperative.

As long as there is a usable energy output. Hydrogen/deuterium and Pd/Ni nano particles powder would be the fuel.

I am really wondering if Rossi has figured it out?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hmm.

Nano Technology worries me.

top topics

join