It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Beasts.....................

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Daniel also described the four kingdoms as predatory animals:''And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other.

The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings.
Iwatched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
'''And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear.
It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it:''Arise , devour much flesh!""
After this I looked, and there was another, like a leapord, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.

'''After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong.
It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the redidue with its feet.
It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

''''I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots[Rome: final form of fourth world empire].
And there ,in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of man,and a mouth speaking pompous words'''(Daniel 7: 3- 8 )
general agreement as to the world empires which theses beasts represent.
The first is considered to be Babylon, the second Medo-Persia,the third Greece and the fourth Rome.
In Daniel's vision it is the fourth beast which represents the condition of the world when the grim events of the end times are to unfold.
This beast is much different from the preceding ones.
It is indomitable and ruthless, without self-restraint. The
forth beast, like the fourth kingdom, describes a world that has rejected God and truth.
So unnerving.so profoundly abnormal was the vision of this society and it's leader that Daniel begged God for clarification:''''Then i wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful.....and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.
""I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints,and prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days(satan)came, and ....he said: ''The forth beast shall be a forth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all the other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth,trample it and break it in pieces.
The ten horns are ten kings(or rulers) who shall rise after them; he shall be different from the first ones, and shall subdue three kings'''(Daniel 7 : 19- 24 )

Saint Hippolytus (d. 236) declares the ''little horn'' of Daniel's vision to be the Antichrist:'''And amid these another little horn shall rise, which is that of Antichrist''
He will be a deceptive leader who will at first appear meek, then ruthlessly extinguish his enemies until he overpowers the entire world .Antichrist is thus predicted to reign at the end of the Roman kingdom.
Saint Cyril of Jerusalem wrote that the ''Antichrist is to come when the times of the Roman empire shall have been fullfilled, and the end of the world is now drawing near'''.

But how can this be understood in modern times, since the Roman empire apparently '''fell '''centuris ago?
''Since Rome had come to be identified with the last of the four world empires symbolized by the statue of the second chapter of Daniel, her empire was meant to endure down to the end of the world'''.
'''Roman Empire'' from a merely political/administrative entity into a spiritual monarchy.....since the Antichrist will have as his mani task the goal of attracting the people away from Christ, he therefore will not arrive if monarchy is still in control.

The Ten Horns......
The image of a beast with ten horns appears also in the New Testament.Saint John the theologion records this vision:'''Then i stood on the sand of the sea.And I saw a beast rising up out of the the sea,having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.Now the beast which i saw
was like a leapord,his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion.The dragon gave him his power, his throne , and great authority'''(Revelation 13 :1 , 2 )
The beast is to receive his earthly support from these ten kingdoms, which will be of '''one mind'''with him.
''And the ten horns which you saw on the beast,these will hate the harlott, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled''' (Revelation 17: 16 , 17 )

Lactantious, a fourth century scholar,prophesied that the Antichrist would come to power by means of warfare and conquest:Asword will travel through the world cutting down everything and laying all things low like a harvested crop.
There will be no end of deadly wars until ten kings(rulers) will emerge simultanesly.They will divide the world to destroy and not to govern it........

''''Then a mighty enemy from the far North will suddenly rise up against them.
When he has destroyed the three who controll Asia he will be taken into alliance with the others and will be made their chief.He will afflict the world with unbearable tyranny....and will work for things abominable and accursed.'''

Contemporary writer Archpriest Boris Molchanoff offered this wartime scenerio:''''It is entirely possible that [Antichrist] will begin his activity during a world war, when nations, enduring all the horrors thereof, will envision no other escape from a calamitious deadlock, for all the hidden levers for the resolution of the war will be in the hands of a secret society assisting the Antichrist.
Antichrist will set forth a plan for the resolution of the world-wide crisis which will be most felicious from the point of view of political and social wisdom-the estasblishment of a unified political and social order on a universal scale.
Exhausted from the shock of war,spiritually blind humanity will not only fail to perceive this scheme as an insidious trap for itself, designed to lure it into inescapable and merciless bondage,but, on the contrary, will acknowledge it as a work of scholaship and genius.''''

Although Antichrist will be a man, he is described
in Saint John's vision as arising from the sea,and
receiving power from a dragon.
The sea is understood to represent mankind, and the dragon clearly refers to Satan.'''''Almost all interpreters understand[that Antichrist ]........... comes out of the ''sea of life''',that is in the midst of the human race
which is agitated like a sea''', wrote Archbishop Averky......'''''He will not an an incarnate devil as some have thought, but a man .....This authority he will receive with the help of the dragon or the devil............

It is provocative to examine history and contemporary events in search of the fulfillement of these colossal prophecies.
They are given, after all, for instruction and admonition,lest'''''''That Day come on you unexpectedly'''(LUKE 21 :34 ).
Yet Christians should remember that Satan also knows the Scriptures!
He tempted Christ with them, saying,''''''It is written: ''hE SHALL GIVE hIS ANGELS CHARGE OVER YOU '''.(Mathew 4 : 6 )

As skakespeare pointed out,'''The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.''''
The evil one is well aware of all that the Bible has to say about him and, as he is more subtle and clever than the mind of man can fathom, he will almost certainly full fill scriptural prophecies in some unexpected way.
Christians must guard against assigning interpretations based on fallen human reason, or confidently assuming that '''Y'' is impossible because''X'''' has not happened yet.
all above text is taken from ''''''''ULTIMATE THINGS""" BASED ON EARLY FATHERS PROPHECY .........by Dennis .E. Engleman............

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Antichrist will not be ''Devil'' incarnate.

He wont be an Angel .
He will be born from a woman of this eath and be all evil ...........
His power will come from Satan .....

He will have a false prophet whom will proclaim him to the world as leader.

He will not seem evil at first, but will fullfill all that people require .........worldly comforts eg......food, money and all just to satisfy our daily requirements.......

Antichrist will become part of the New World Order............

www.fatheralexander.org...

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This needs to go in "religion", eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This part of chapter 13 predicted the Lion and the Unicorn, heraldic signs of England, the Monarchy and the British State. It sums up British history since 1066, a year which is thus identified as the beginning of events leading to the end of the world as we know it. (R.E.M. ?? LOL)

Ten is the number of perfection, horn is the symbol of power, ten horns means perfect power (c.f., 12:3, 17:3, 17:12.) and seven heads; seven is the number of magic, head symbolizes intellectual culture and ideology. Seven heads means that the English culture is closely connected to occultism, as literature shows, e.g., Shakespeare: "Macbeth" (c.f., 17:3 and 18:2. There are also seven lions on the "Royal Coat of Arms" of the United Kingdom) on each of its horns there was a crown. The crown on each horn emphasizes the importance of power, and on each head a blasphemous name. The English language is full of blasphemous names: Set(h) is the Egyptian devil. Words like up-set, jet-set, Summer-set and Door-set are derived from there, another blasphemous name is the title: "Lord" as in the "House of Gods", the house of blasphemers

(Icke ?? =) )

Read further here -> thecapitalscot.com...

www.wyominginstruments.com...

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The scarey thing is; the whole time I was reading this thread, I was thinking of the current US president, George W. Bush.

AND I'M A CONSERVATIVE!

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting. You all probably are already aware, but i'll post it anyway. Check out the last sentence!
Bush Is Related to Churchill and Lady Diana
� Dick Eastman
A recent press release from MyFamily.com that announced their license to publish British census records from 1841 to 1901 on the Internet also publicized the fact that Princess Diana, Winston Churchill, and George W. Bush are all distantly related. Their common ancestor was Henry Spencer (1420�1478) of Badby, Northhamptonshire.

George W. Bush and his father, the former president, have long been known to have royal ancestry. Gary Boyd Roberts, a genealogist at the New England Historic Genealogical Society in Boston and one of the foremost authorities on the royal ancestry of American presidents, notes that Bush is descended from British royalty going as far back as 12th century King Henry I, the son of William the Conqueror.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
The scarey thing is; the whole time I was reading this thread, I was thinking of the current US president, George W. Bush.
I made this little website a while ago, it was kinda tongue in cheek and based upon some other stuff I'd read, but anyway ...

www.moonclamp.com...
At the moment I am working on a page all about the bloodlines involved but itsnot there yet.

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by moonclamp]

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting views on your site. I was trying to find in Revelation where it describes the antichrist. I remember looking at another site and they said that at least some where in the bible that the antichrist will not like women-or something to that effect, making the creators of that site to believe that he will either be celebate(I think that is how it's spelled) or a homosexual. If that is the case, I would have a hard time putting George W. into either of those classes. What are your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   

ok, The ''Messiah"" is awaited by almost all faiths, be it
Islam .....Imann Mahdi
Christians......Messiah
Jews .........Messiah....or Machiach Ben David.....
Budhists........Matreya.........

Any way, the Antichrist will be a Military man who will become known to the whole world...........
Celibate???????????
maybe this could mean something else?

He will join together all religions (World Council of Churches)
He will be in favour of all religions to bring about ""False peace ""

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thank you for correcting some of my bad wordingAs for Bush being the antichrist, though I would have to disagree.I think it's obvious that he or someone behind him is very instrumental to NWO, but as for him being the antichrist...I doubt it very much. The antichrist is to be a good communicator. Bush isn't one. I think alot of people would have to agree with that. The antichrist is going to tell people that he is the Messiah. No person on planet earth would ever dream Bush was their Messiah, especially if he's snorted coke, DUI's, etc.
Many people believe he will come from the English Nobility. I know Bush is tied into that line, but come on. No person in America and DEFINITELY no person anywhere else would believe Bush as the "Messiah". Besides, he ain't that pretty and the antichrist is supposedly going to be a good looking younger man(I'm not sure where it says that in the bible, but I've heard that)-Correct that if I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
that last post was in refference to moonclamp's site. (He thinks that Bush is the antichrist)

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endisnear
that last post was in refference to moonclamp's site. (He thinks that Bush is the antichrist)
Not THE Antichrist but AN Antichrist.

I think that he is a tool for a much more sinister work in the same way that Hitler, Napoleon and Nero were.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endisnear
The antichrist is to be a good communicator. Bush isn't one.
Have you noticed how much better his communication is getting? I think Hitler was similar, started off by being laughed at, before being hailed as the best leader ever.

I think alot of people would have to agree with that. The antichrist is going to tell people that he is the Messiah. No person on planet earth would ever dream Bush was their Messiah,
not yet anyway, but what if he sorts out the middle east crisis?

Many people believe he will come from the English Nobility. I know Bush is tied into that line, but come on. No person in America and DEFINITELY no person anywhere else would believe Bush as the "Messiah". Besides, he ain't that pretty and the antichrist is supposedly going to be a good looking younger man(I'm not sure where it says that in the bible, but I've heard that)-Correct that if I'm wrong.
The bible says that an Antichrist is anyone who is not for Jesus, the concept has been expanded on and mythified etc. the Beast in the Bible is a different entity, it is through the prophecies of the likes of Nostradamus and the various interpretations which give us the ideas that he is to be from the English Nobility, good looking etc.

And like yourself, I am always prepared to be corrected if wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Prophecy concerning the Antichrist ....the end of the world Antichrist....the last one that Daniel speaks of in the Bible ............

Old prophecy from 300 A.D and onwards from various church fathers, speak about a world leader.........
All are exact in their prophecy concerning the Antichrist that is to become the worlds leader...........

I dont beleive in Nostradamus because the Bible sais that if a prophecy is not from God it is not a True prophecy........
Nostardamus received his revelations (Prophecy) from various sources including the '''cave of the Apocalypse"" of St John the theologion...but he also received prophecy from '''dark mysterious shadow like figures"" which to me is not from God ...........

Back to prophecy that is concerning the Antichrist.......
He will be aged around thirty.......same age Jesus Christ was when He started His ministry....

He will have a false prophet to proclaim him to the world......like St John the Babtist whom told all the people that he was not worthy to tie the shoe lace of Jesus Christ......and announced that He (Jesus Christ) is the saviour to the world and the awaited one....

Antichrist will be a a man that will attract all the people to him (it is said that it is better not to look at him)

Concerning his heritage here it is....
In the prophecy of Patriarch Jacob concerning each of his sons, the progenitors(past generations) of the tribes of Israel ,the fate of Dan's posterity is characterized by such traits as can only be ascibed to Antichrist:''''AND LET DAN BE A SERPANT IN THE WAY, BESETTING THE PATH"" [Gen.49:17]
In the prophecy of Jeremiah: '''WE SHALL HEAR THE NEIGHING OF HIS SWIFT HORSES OUT OF DAN : THE WHOLE LAND QUAKED AT THE SOUND OF THE NEIGHING OF HIS HORSES; AND HE SHALL COME AND DEVOUR THE LAND AND THE FULLNESS OF IT"""[Jeremiah 8:16 ]
In the Apocalypse (Revelation) there is a prophecy in which the remnants of all the TRIBES OF ISRAEL ARE MENTIONED BY NAME AND DESCRIBED AS SEALED BY ANGELS FOR SALVATION; IN THIS PROPHECY THE TRIBE OF DAN IS EXCLUDED ENTIRELY.(CF.rEV 7:4-8)

See also other threads i have written which fit in with the Antichrist........Abomination of desolation.......Time and coming of the Antichrist........religion

Im not claiming to know all there is, only what i have read ............ ""Ray of light'' by Jordanville monastary New York..........
'''ANTICHRIST"" by Archpriest Boris Molchanoff.........
""'Youth of the Apocalypse and the last true rebelion""
'''''Ultimate things"" Dennis E. Englemann
these books and many others( in greek )are actually prophecy that has early teachings on the Antichrist...
St Hippolytus...... (Discource on Christ and Antichrist)
St eiphraim the syrian......
St Iranaeus of Lyons(against Heresies) Bk. v,ch. 30 )
St John of Damascus.......""God will permit the Devil to inhabit him''(An Exact Exposition of the Orthodox faith, Bk.IV,CH.26 )
St Cyril of Jerusalem .........
St Andrew of Caesarea states that ""the Antichrist will come from the darkest and most remote lands of the earth,those to which the Devil was banished''(Exegesis on the eleventh chapter of the Apocalypse,ch.30 )
Blessed Theodoretus of Cyrrhus writes'''Before Christ's coming there shall appear in the world the enemy of man,the opponent of God,vested in human nature''(Ashort Exposition of the Divine Dogmas, ch.23, published in Christian Readings, vol IV (1844 ),page.355)

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
MOONCLAMP

nice website but websites with music that can not be turned off by the user dont get viewed for very long.

Sure the music is daunting and haunting, and adds a nice touch, the fact that I cant turn it off, pisses me off.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
First Seal, first Beast, the white horseman= Babylonian Empire.
Nimrod- the first false Messiah

Second seal, second beast, the red horseman= Medio-Persian Empire

ere went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Rev 6:4

This represents the Medio-Persian Empire, Cyrus the Great. History will prove this. Cyrus conquered the Medes first, that they should kill one another. Then he was given a great sword, because he then conquered three empires taking peace from the earth

behold another beast, a second like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
Daniel 7:5

The ribs represent the Lydian, Egyptian, and Babylonian Empires

Third beast, third horseman- the Greek empire

when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6:
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine

History will prove this talks about the Greek empire.

1. ce the soil of Greece was not good for grain and other staple foods. The Greeks sought these products through trade and thus developed into a seafaring, venturesome people.

2n ancient times, therefore, little could be grown in summer except drought resistant fruit like olives and grapes. For the rest, the farmers produced barley and other grains that could be harvested in the early summer, wine, honey, and very little else

The Greeks quite early carried on an active maritime trade; they exchanged the olive oil and wine of the Aegean world for the metals, grains, and slaves needed in the homeland.

With wheat from Egypt, wine and olive oil from Greece, spices from Arabia, or tin from Britain providing ready cargoes for the ships as they moved back and forth like shuttles weaving a vast web, irresistibly into a single complex economic and cultural pattern.

We have learned, the balances in the hand, represents the great trading empire Greece had become, and why it speaks of wheat and barley being measured, it was needed in Greece, because they could not grow much of it. They were not to hurt the oil or wine for they were their greatest trading products.

Fourth seal, the Roman Empire

I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and the Grave followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth

Rev 6:8

The Emperor Nero murdered thousands of (BELIEVERS) whom he falsely accused of setting fire to the city. Many devout believers were thrown to hungry wild beasts in the arenas, to provide the Romans entertainment, as well as to discourage the spread of (THIS FAITH).

There were ten periods of persecutions from Emperor Nero being the first in 64 C.E., to Emperor Diocletian in 303 C.E. varying in length. In 70 C.E. Judaism was destroyed, the Torah was defaced and anyone owning a Torah was murdered, also the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed. Jews were exiled in 132 - 133 C.E. with the occurrence of the second war with Rome. They were totally kicked out of Palestine with the threat of death and for 1700 years, were killed on sight if they stepped foot back there. After Nero came the persecutions from Emperor Domitian then Emperor Decius in 250 C.E., after him came Emperor Valerian in 257 to 258 C.E., and finally the last and worst under Emperor Diocletian who began his rule in 284 C.E., and his persecutions started in 303 C.E. while Maximian was Emperor of the West. All books, records, and writings were confiscated and burned, like in the other persecutions. Every person including children suspected of being of the faith in Yahweh were killed without recourse to laws or by any other means. Horsemen rode across the empire with a public proclamation of extermination.

During this time is when the great falling away of truth happened and all the true believers were killed off.

The fifth seal, Mystery Babylon

www.geocities.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthdrug
MOONCLAMP

nice website but websites with music that can not be turned off by the user dont get viewed for very long.

Sure the music is daunting and haunting, and adds a nice touch, the fact that I cant turn it off, pisses me off.
But at least it doesnt loop continuously. Anyway I've changed my mind (I'm allowed to) and no longer think that Bush is the antichrist ... I now think that he is just another player in a larger game and part of the same bloodline from which the real antichrist, beast and false prophet of the bible will emerge.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Lion
Calf
Man
Eagle

Lion - sedition

Calf - greed

Man - not sure

Eagle - judgement

1. Satan is referred to as going about as a roaring lion seeing whom he can devour.

2. Calf is a young animal. It represents the greed of man not staying with their first love.

3. Man.

4. Birds of prey devour the flesh of those who fall into the trap of the first two beasts of sedition and greed. The US is often represented as an eagle when we go after those like Al-Quaeda who refuse to live in peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

some of us remember OJ Simpson in the white bronco and what he got away with

And behold a pale horse.

2008 Democratic Convention at the mile high stadium home of the broncos.

that's in Colorado too, investigate the expense and artwork of Denver airport

top topics

<<   2 >>

join