It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Savings Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was wondering if ATS recognizes Daylight Savings time, I noticed the time never changed.

I was also talking to another member who is in a different country, and they said that in that country they dont have daylight savings. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it and how it works.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This page should answer your questions

www.energy.ca.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks much WOS, very informative link.

They answered all of my questions except for the ATS question.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ahhh, well for that you will need to go into your control center and move up a time zone.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We have clients in Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and they don't use daylight savings time there... Always creates a little bit of havoc, hehe....

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
we don't use it here in Indy either...we just switch back and forth from central to eastern time. no one minds really...just sucks that my computer had a mind of its own and changed without my knowledge...i was an hour ahead for awhile.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I despise the time change. Absolutely zombifies me for many days.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
TC, I assume you are in the Eastern time zone like myself. I hate springing forward an hour but dont mind getting that extra hour sleep in the fall. I cant believe I thought all time zones observed daylight savings, I've only ever lived on the east coast. William OS's link was helpful, explained why they do it, I didnt know it was to conserve energy either. *crawls out from under rock*

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm in total agreement with him here too....

Zombifies me for at least a week....I really dread DLS.... I am not, by nature, an early riser, so an hour early is like a bullet in the brain....

top topics

join