It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorpion Mezcal!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hi has anyone tried this Mezcal,the one with the scorpion in it,if so whats it like and have any of you eaten the scorpion,i ask because i fancy getting a bottle but i gotta import it from the U.S.,cant find any sellers here in the U.K.?

Also can you recommend any other unusual drinks that are badass?

edit on 14/10/11 by lektrofellon because: Because i cant spell Scorpion lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good tequilas....

Don Julio & Patron for sure. Now those are tequilas!

I've never seen the scorpion mezcal in the States before.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Thanks for the reply,aint tried them ones,normally only see Jose Cuervo and Sierra in the U.K.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ive had the scorpion mezcal but never ate the scorpion.

i did drink the mezcal with the worm and ate the worm but ill never do it again. thats the worst hangover ive ever had. you also might have to import it from mexico. i live on the border in texas and have never seen it here. i had to go to mexico to get it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by romey1086

Thanks for the reply,one of my mates ate the worm too and was a wreck,i will have to try it one day when im drunk enough lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
have fun with that lol. a friend and i took shots until the whole bottle was gone then i ate the worm. needless to say i dont remember the rest of the night. ambhar is another good tequila. its really smooth but just came out about a month ago so im not sure if you can find it in the uk.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by romey1086

Thanks alot i will keep an eye out for it!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Nice mezcal.
I had a shot from a mezcal which had a lizard in the bottle once.
My buddy got it in Mexico,but I told him they saw him coming and stuffed a lizard in the bottle just for him.

No one else would drink it-but it was OK I thought,bit rough but good for a shot or two.

Better than the worms.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Yes, I have ate just about everything in the bottom of a mezcal bottle, but sorry, no it does not make you see things, it make you slightly more drunk and something on your stomach to throw up. Real mezcal does not have worms, scorpions, or anything else in it, it is just 100-140 proof alcohol made from agave, think of watered down tequila. In fact, to put a worm or anything else in it in all honestly is just a scam invented to get more people to buy cheap mezcal. The worm or whatever will tell you that it has high alcohol content since it is pickled. If you want good mezcal, buy Mezcal Del Maguey or the ones with creme in them if you want something a little smoother and lighter. I would not go to the expense of importing something cheap and bad tasting when you can make it yourself like every other person in Mexico does, drop anything into a mezcal bottle and leave till pickled. My personal favorite bad-azz bottle is a rattlesnake in the bottom, adds the thought of poison like the scorpion but the worm is the same in the end------ just another decoration for your toilet and another story you can not tell in civil company.

Good luck to your adventure and drink lots of water....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have drank scorpion mezcal about 5 years ago. A cousin had a friend of his bring it home from a vacation to Mexico. I'm sorry but I cant give you a review of it because I simply don't remember. I was pretty toasted lmao. The only thing that I remember was that we made it to the bottom of the bottle and split the scorpion so we could both eat it.

new topics

top topics

join