It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 5th 2011: San Francisco — "The Whole World is Watching"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Kudos to Patrick Byrne. I was always a amazon kinda guy, but here I come overstock.com!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Sorry but this will go nowhere.
You want to put them on thier knees and collectively hit them.
Get 30 million to file a $2000.00 small claims court against them and tie up the system.

There has got to be something simple to file over, with more simplistic laws to vent the system.

It just takes one to start setting the precident and I am sure there are enough lower level
judges that have been screwed just like the rest of us.

How about a class action lawsuit in each state for shorting silver?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
he´s probably gonna wind up dead real soon, they´ll report it´s a suicide where he shot himself 4 times.. in his head.

if not, i seriously wish him the best of luck...

My thoughts exactly!

One need only do a little research to see that TPTB are ruthless in achieving their agenda.

May Patrick M. Byrne RIP.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I hate to say it, but this smells like the tainted agenda that's complicated the Occupy Wall Street movement. Patrick M. Byrne is a member of the COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS...

Significant discretion should be applied when dealing with any member of this monster organization...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Thought-provoking post. Some more digging is required, it seems.

Also the Advisory Board of the 'Centre for Preventative Action':

The Center for Preventive Action (CPA) "was established by the Council on Foreign Relations in 1994 to help prevent, defuse, or resolve deadly conflicts around the world and to expand the body of knowledge on conflict prevention."

Source

It seems Mr Byrne is a very active member of said Board:

The Council on Foreign Relations established the General John W. Vessey Chair in Conflict Prevention in honor of General Vessey, the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Made possible by a generous gift from Council member Patrick M. Byrne, chairman of the board and president of overstock.com, and his parents John and Dorothy, the chair was created to recognize the importance of conflict prevention in an increasingly complicated and dangerous world. The Byrnes have made this gift to recognize General Vessey’s contributions to the country during over sixty years of public service, and to call attention to a missing ingredient in the U.S. foreign policy debate: the need for a strategy for preventing conflict around the globe.

Source

Wow - check out the list of recent meetings:

CPA Meetings

This all suggests Mr Byrne is either a highly influential establishment figure - or, perhaps, a man on the inside who now wants out.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
He wouldn't sit on Council of Foreign Relation, if he wasn't "in the club". So things here clearly aren't as they seem.
I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
rstregooski may well be onto something here. If Mr Byrne is the leading exponent of contingency planning on the Council on Foreign Relations, might it be that suing GS & MR could somehow relate to a way of dismantling said institutions in some kind of a 'controlled demolition' way? Some have argued they could be in danger were the whole derivatives market to unwind...

ATS ought to be able to get to grips with this potential pandora's box.

Any takers?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Interesting info...

My biggest problem is that the CFR can put out publications like this quarterly review, "Foreign Affairs" from 1974, and expect nobody to notice...

The damn bastards even charged $2.50 a copy for that madness..
edit on 16-10-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
he´s probably gonna wind up dead real soon, they´ll report it´s a suicide where he shot himself 4 times.. in his head.

Hate to but will have to agree with you here. Hope he takes care to cover his @ss these bastards will do anything to cover theres. Lately it's been people drowning in the shallow end of there pool. The suicide by multiple gunshots to the head is more a UN MO. CIA/FBI are into the drowning thing...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Go Byrnes go! Where are the cameras? We finally have a scenario worthy of big brother /reality TV.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
He wouldn't sit on Council of Foreign Relation, if he wasn't "in the club". So things here clearly aren't as they seem.
I rest my case.

Well he is part of CFR, but there is more than one faction within the NWO.

Some subgroups that want to go about things different ways, but they are
mostly on the same page.

Their end goals are mostly the same, they mostly differ on methodology.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yes but when the boys up the top are not even human in Goldman and the other ROthchilds arm, they dont care about a law suit unless they have evidence they are not even human. Even with that they own the courts and they own the mainstream media. You just need to keep spreading the word.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Now that the date has passed I thought it would be worth looking for news-

Patrick Byrne made headlines of his own by taking on Wall Street firms, including Goldman Sachs, with his claims that Overstock has been a victim of heavy so-called “naked shorting” that was designed to push down the value of the company’s stock. The stock now trades at under $8 from a high of $76 in 2004. Overstock said a trial is set for March 2012.

Source

He has certainly made some enemies out there. I found some very venomous articles, such as this, where he is described as a "stock market conspiracist" and a Ron Paul supporter(!) - amongst other things.

Maybe we should give him a break?! (-Ref. some of the comments on this page, which included my own queries.)

Interestingly this other derogatory article mentions that he has already received out-of-court settlements from several other big players:

This is an expensive nuisance for the banks, costing them millions in legal fees, and I'm sure they'd like to make it go away by throwing some bucks at Overstock. Byrne's hopes along those lines were encouraged when Morgan Stanley (MS), Citigroup (C), Deutsche Bank (DB), Credit Suisse (CS), Union Bank of Switzerland and Bank of New York (BK) cashed out in 2010 for $4.5 million, and Bank of America (BAC) chose to bow out recently, in a settlement whose terms have not been disclosed.

But here's what's really interesting: his lecture entitled "Deep Capture: How Wall Street Criminals hijacked the institutions that are supposed to be protecting us from them"

www.deepcapturethemovie.com

(click on the next number on the left if you hear the soundtrack starting to repeat)

It's VERY interesting.

And somebody doesn't like it. His "conspiracy-theory website, Deep Capture" was recently shut down as a result of a court case in Canada (-as mentioned in the last, clearly biased, article).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join