It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party goes after occupy wall st

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I guess the Tea party cant be outdone

Big tea party groups have launched an attack against the Occupy Wall Street protests, challenging the line that the anti-corporate uprising is the “the tea party of the left.”

Tea partiers and their allies are looking to de-legitimize the protests circulating in the anti-Wall Street crowds, hunting for evidence of union ties, fringe rhetoric and bad behavior — ranging from news of arrests, to recordings of incendiary speeches, to tales of littering, drug use and debauchery.

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What a sad bunch of no-lifers....

As a comedian said, the real Tea party derives it's name from the biggest public uproar the US has ever known PLUS there was damage to government goods.

Freakin idiots really.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The T.E.A party protested peacefully, spoke their message (Taxed Enough Already), and made the single largest sweep of the House in US history and nearly won the Senate as well.

The OWLS group is so far on track to what?....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Let the Witchhunt begin. Release the hounds and beat down their doors. Infiltrate and carry out the elimination orders. The circulation of disinformation should be at the forefront of our scruntiy.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: Typo.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: see above.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My question for the OWS crowd is, Why aren't you at work?

People are spending DAYS protesting. I just don't get it.

Why don't people put that much effort into getting a job?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is no such thing as the Tea Party anymore. It was hijacked by the neocons within a year or two of it's inception.

Now it's just the Republican Party in disguise.

The real Libertarian Constitutionalists such as myself, would not ever waste their energy on trying to stop protests against this 100% corrupted totalitarian authoritarian government. We would join the protest and try to educate the protesters about the truth of what is going on.

Spread education. These people are fed up with this corrupt system, get out there and tell them the truth about government, politics, corporations, economics, etc.

Teach these people and help them focus towards the solution.

Sure when you get a group of 1,000s of people there will always be idiots or people who throw garbage everywhere. They exist. But you cannot judge everyone on the actions of one person.

If one person in a city commits murder, does that make the whole city murderous? No...
Same with a protest. A few idiots doesn't make them all idiots.

I believe people are intelligent and can be convinced of the truth.
The real Libertarians are out there helping spread information.

They aren't sitting around condemning people for actually getting off their rears and doing something for once.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9

Because there aren't any to get.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's so incredibly naive and ignorant.

There is something called outsourcing that has drained the US of many jobs already, over the last 20-30years. Also the government has been taxing and regulating everything so it's too expensive to provide jobs here anymore.

Did you see how many people responded to McDonald's latest hiring spree? They were going to hire like 50,000 nationwide and got over 400,000 or more applications.

Yeah why don't they all have jobs??

Seriously you need to re-evaluate everything because you are blinded by your own misconceptions.
Reality is far more complex than you assume it to be.

But yeah let's blame the disaffected and disowned. Let's never ever look at the source of our problem. Poor and corrupt governance.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
NYC official: Protest cleanup is being postponed

NEW YORK (AP) - The cleanup of a plaza in lower Manhattan where protesters have been camped out for a month was postponed early Friday, sending cheers up from a crowd that had feared the effort was merely a pretext to evict them.

Deputy Mayor Cas Holloway said the owners of the private park, Brookfield Office Properties, had put off the cleaning. Supporters of the protesters had started streaming into the park in the morning darkness before the planned cleaning, forming a crowd of several hundred chanting people.

Let 'em stay for a confrontation ? Hmmmmm...

well now maybe the OWS can continue their "Pee Party"

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The T.E.A party protested peacefully, spoke their message (Taxed Enough Already), and made the single largest sweep of the House in US history and nearly won the Senate as well.

And what changed?

You really believe what you just said? Good grief.

The TEA Party DIED before those elections ever happened.

Did we get taxed less? Oh wait, my taxes went UP? You don't say.

Some of you need a major reality check.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It was hijacked by the neocons within a year or two of it's inception.
reply to post by muzzleflash

You hit the nail on the head.

And besides, OWS isn't a political party. It's a movement.

The T.E.A party protested peacefully, spoke their message (Taxed Enough Already), and made the single largest sweep of the House in US history and nearly won the Senate as well. The OWLS group is so far on track to what?....

Why is it necessary to form a political party?
Reminds me of a few things Einstein once said. "You can never solve a
problem on the level on which it was created" and "Insanity is
doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different
results".

edit on 14-10-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

As a Constitutional Libertarian myself, I disagree here. The Tea Party's solution was the constitution. The OWS solution is Van Jones.

It's easy to get swept away by emotion but where does the stream lead? A nice quiet lake...or Niagra Falls?

If I happened to be there in support, and Gore, Sharpton, Rosanne Barr, Piven, The Fat Director, etc showed support, I'd take that as my queue to leave. Having stood with the tea party, peaceful, clean, upstanding citizens, and having been berated as racists, right wing extremists by all these losers that now demand we stand with them? I don't think so!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

Reminds me of a few things Einstein said. "You can never solve a
results".

They are trying to control the movement and pigeonhole it into the Democratic party.

They want to paint anyone who dares protest right now as a communist liberal hippy tree-hugger who pollutes rampantly, supports theft, and has no moral ethics.

I see this as a travesty because this government and it's corporate allies needs protesting. It needs to be opposed.

We shouldn't stop them or derail them. That's what TPTB want. They want protesting to become Taboo.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

None to get bro
Take a look at some statistics and youll see. Its almost like the US is in the great depression again, because everything is almost identical.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by orbitbaby

Reminds me of a few things Einstein said. "You can never solve a
results".

They are trying to control the movement and pigeonhole it into the Democratic party.

They want to paint anyone who dares protest right now as a communist liberal hippy tree-hugger who pollutes rampantly, supports theft, and has no moral ethics.

I see this as a travesty because this government and it's corporate allies needs protesting. It needs to be opposed.

We shouldn't stop them or derail them. That's what TPTB want. They want protesting to become Taboo.

The propaganda machine at work once again. I found an article by anne coulter (or whatever her name is) i left a nice comments explaining how the sheeple agree with her, and how it is stupid.
Sigh, people...

But yes, it is not a political party. ITS A GLOBAL MOVEMENT.
We are tired of the #
If we dont change things now, then we're doomed as a species.
edit on 14/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

As a Constitutional Libertarian myself, I disagree here. The Tea Party's solution was the constitution. The OWS solution is Van Jones.

It's easy to get swept away by emotion but where does the stream lead? A nice quiet lake...or Niagra Falls?

If I happened to be there in support, and Gore, Sharpton, Rosanne Barr, Piven, The Fat Director, etc showed support, I'd take that as my queue to leave. Having stood with the tea party, peaceful, clean, upstanding citizens, and having been berated as racists, right wing extremists by all these losers that now demand we stand with them? I don't think so!

It sounds to me like you get your information from the Mainstream Media and not the Internet live video feeds??
Who the hell is Van Jones? Never heard of em.

So basically what you are telling me is this:

IF I protest tomorrow against government corruption and abuse of authority, and Al Gore comes along and says "Good job buddy I agree", than I should stop protesting tyranny and just bend over and take it up the rear like a good slave?

Oh and if I protest tomorrow and some Communist decides to protest the same day I do, that makes me a communist automatically now? How come he isn't a Libertarian like me? Why ??
Oh because the MSM said so. I get it...

edit on 14-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The so-called tea party is just bent out of shape that someone has "stolen" the spotlight from them.

They clearly only support freedom of speech when it's their own. Now that some liberals are out and about they can't seem to stop shrieking about how terrible and unfocused this movement is.

I take that as a sign OWS is on to something GOOD.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

That's so incredibly naive and ignorant.

There is something called outsourcing that has drained the US of many jobs already, over the last 20-30years. Also the government has been taxing and regulating everything so it's too expensive to provide jobs here anymore.

Did you see how many people responded to McDonald's latest hiring spree? They were going to hire like 50,000 nationwide and got over 400,000 or more applications.

Yeah why don't they all have jobs??

Seriously you need to re-evaluate everything because you are blinded by your own misconceptions.
Reality is far more complex than you assume it to be.

But yeah let's blame the disaffected and disowned. Let's never ever look at the source of our problem. Poor and corrupt governance.

I hear your argument every day. No jobs to be had... When in reality, there's many job positions available, but most people don't want said jobs! I have many friends that are out of work and when I mention the places that are hiring, they shrug them off... I own a business and have several friends that own business's that are all hiring. The common theme around here is, people don't want to work!

A few people I know won't work for less than $50,000 a year. Their thought process is, nothing is better than something. It's sad but true! I see it daily.

I also agree that outsourcing and ignorant regulations have hampered the job market, however, sometimes you have to make do with what is available. It's a sad reality! The truth is, if you want a job, you can find one! It may not be what you want, but a pay check is a pay check!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

From my observations; many TPM members are actually joining the OWS movement in support of their
campaign against corporate corruption and greed.

True TPM members can see the common goals that both groups represent. However the right wing TPM members will follow the GOP guidelines and talking points put out by Rush, Sean et al....

The OWS is a populist liberal grassroots movement and it's only natural that they are seen as a threat by
right wing.

As a documentary film maker, covering both the TPM and OWS; I think the main difference between the two is that the TPM is political while the OWS is more of a social movement. Both in their own way are valid expressions in a free society.

edit on 14-10-2011 by whaaa because: sp/grammer

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Upset and anger you? Seems they are doing a damn fine job too. Guess you lose. Thanks for playing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join