It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disturbing website i found on chirstianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
www.TheReligiousTruth.com...

that site is postin lies from the bible about christianity saying it enforces slavery and whatnot

some people are really stupid

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's an Islamic site, and to be terribly honest it is about as hard on Christianity as Christianity is on Islam. So if you ever wanted to understand how Muslims feel when Christians approach them with all the "lies" in the Koran, this site will give you a good understanding of how it feels to them.

You may not be as familiar with the Bible as you think -- it really does talk about slavery and about things like selling your own children into slavery and about how to treat slaves. While it doesn't actively promote "run out and enslave everyone," the truth is that in the Bible the Israelites enslaved those they conquered by Jehovah's command, and Jehovah commanded them to take young girl children (the virgins... and remember, in those days many girls were married by age 13... so the 'females who had never known a man' were 12 and under) to become their slaves and concubines.

I think that anyone interested in reading the Bible should read the Skeptics Annotated Bible (www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

If you're a Christian, you can be prepared for what others (such as Muslims) are going to say in argument. If you're non-Christian, it's a nice source of things to argue with Christians about (if you get trapped by one of those lovely pentacostals.)

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Awww, left out happy shall he be, taketh thy little ones and daseth against the stones. It also left out I come not to bring peace but a sword.

It has many good ones, but left out many other ones. Left out most of the mass murders ordered by god or other holy men. Oh well, good site though.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Awww, left out happy shall he be, taketh thy little ones and daseth against the stones. It also left out I come not to bring peace but a sword.

It has many good ones, but left out many other ones. Left out most of the mass murders ordered by god or other holy men. Oh well, good site though.

no he dindt forget it

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father; a daughter against her mother; a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man's enemies will be the members of his own household." - Matthew 10:34-36

this verse is misunderstood by stupid ppl like muslims

the verse is a metaphor it tels us that jesus wil prevent evil from happening etc

at least jesus doesnt promise me raping a virgin in heaven if i kill someone

this site is all lies

peace

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The webmaster is a funny boy.

I quote him :

" Claim #5:

Islam teaches harsh treatment for prisoners.

Refutal:

False.

Islam teaches kind treatment for prisoners of war (captives), and harsh punishment for those who wage war against God, and choose not to repent.

"The punishment of those who wage war against God and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." - The Qur'an 5:33-34

Note: "Except for those who repent."

"They perform (their) vows, and they fear a Day Whose evil flies far and wide. And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive - (Saying), 'We feed you For the sake of Allah alone: No reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.'" - The Qur'an, 76:7-9

The above verse clearly orders kind treatment for prisoners of war (captives). "

In others words, if you are their prisoner ( the muslims ), and don't " choose " to repent ( There is no God but Allah and say bye-bye to your own religion ), you know what will happen to you !

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
The webmaster is a funny boy.

I quote him :

" Claim #5:

Refutal:

False.

Islam teaches kind treatment for prisoners of war (captives), and harsh punishment for those who wage war against God, and choose not to repent.

"The punishment of those who wage war against God and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." - The Qur'an 5:33-34

Note: "Except for those who repent."

"They perform (their) vows, and they fear a Day Whose evil flies far and wide. And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive - (Saying), 'We feed you For the sake of Allah alone: No reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.'" - The Qur'an, 76:7-9

The above verse clearly orders kind treatment for prisoners of war (captives). "

In others words, if you are their prisoner ( the muslims ), and don't " choose " to repent ( There is no God but Allah and say bye-bye to your own religion ), you know what will happen to you !

no offence but plz dont change stuff

the guy is a liar etc but u dont have to change the things on his site

you added a line "those who repent" and u deleted his comments lol the guy is a liar i kno but lets be fair at least or else were not better then he is

heres the real thing:

Claim #5:

Refutal:

False.

The verse above was also written for that time and place. Who were those who waged war against God? Over 300 pagan arab tribes. Pagan tribes who hated the religion Muhammed (pbuh) was preaching. Islam spread by sword? Not with much choice.

The above verse clearly orders kind treatment for prisoners of war (captives). Islam is a religion of harmony, forgiveness, and peace.

--

peace

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i stil find the website very disturbing how it lies about christianity and the bible

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok sporen, I didn't quote everything. Great deal. And what ? Does it change something ??????????????

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Ok sporen, I didn't quote everything. Great deal. And what ? Does it change something ??????????????

lol yeah

u added a line and deleted the whole explanation, yeah it changes everything

compare the one i pasted and yours

the whole explanation is gone, u just want to give islam a bad name and i just want the truth

i hate lies on christiantiy

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
yeah i think that site is bull. Islam (I Self Lord And Master) and it's 5%'ers or whatever may have knowlegde and some americans look at them like they are the terrorists, but i think the terrorists just so happen to claim islam or muslim when 'allah' is supposedly good......anywho i do agree that dumb people take the bible (the book of Babel) and read it LITERALLY when it is written in parables and metaphors.

i mean, just take 'Numbers' for example....HELLO People!!!

Yes And I also think the bible and it's many translations has maybe been watered-down if you will, and modified to almost lose its true meaning.

There is a theory that Constantinople's wife wanted him to alter the Holy Words so to fit her beliefs, and to control the citizens under rule. why not make the bible help keep people in check.....??

But hey its just a theory....i've also heard 'the bible is a book to a many-book encyclopedia'

and 'the bible used to contain books on reincarnation and numerology until ancient corrupt governments altered it to gain more CONTROL'

like church and state....... blah blah blah..... is anyone even reading this crap.....?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's not crap!!! It's in the bible!!! If not in yours, try another one by different publisher, they all different, another reason why the bible is BS because none are the same. Why not read it literally? It all metaphors? Then thou shalt not kill is a metaphor? You can't pick and choose what is a metaphor and what isn't. It is either a metaphor or it isn't.

Also, god didn't write the bible, humans did. Humans, not holy man, in other words, bible bs. Ten Commandments written by god, so his words, not human words, gods words. Go by god, not humans, for humans have giants and cyclops and zombies and magicians in the bible, ten commandments don't.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry, but you are a hypocrite. Either you believe in the entire, infallible, and divinely inspired word of GOD or not any of it!
From The Westminster Catechism of Faith:
Question 4: How does it appear that the Scriptures are the Word of God?

Answer: The Scriptures manifest themselves to be the Word of God, by their majesty and purity; by the consent of all the parts, and the scope of the whole, which is to give all glory to God; by their light and power to convince and convert sinners, to comfort and build up believers unto salvation: but the SPIRIT OF GOD BEARING WITNESS BY and with the Scriptures in the heart of man, is alone able fully to persuade it that they are the very Word of God.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
FIRST OF ALL when i was refering to "is anyone even reading this crap?" i was REFERING to MY POST THANX..... NOT the bible....! anyway, to say that the bible can only be read either literally or metaphorically is to say that the English language (or any language for that matter) should only be literal or metaphorical. why cant there be any in-betweens. how does one describe without using any metaphors/symbols/analogies..? why, that's the ART of storytelling!!

And if it has been translated SO much, and it's only supposed to be an 'image' of the pure word of god, then that mean we should go by any image of god, (statues, idols, pictures, etc) right? if all it is is a symbol. but isnt that what a word is? see we must delve into what communicaiton is in this case. a word i a symbol that has a meaning. our voice and memory are our tools.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Don't forget that the Bible is a book that was put together by a committee. A committee that fought and excommunicated each other until those with the most power had their say.

And don't forget that in addition to its heavy editing, books have been taken out of the original version that was put together by St. Augustine. So most of the Bibles that everyone's preaching from are not the original, sanctioned text (which would be the Douay Bible) but are instead a watered-down and edited version.

...does editing make it more infallible?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok, then why when good it means that. But when bad it a metaphor? It still doesn't make sense that only literal when good but metaphor when bad. And what is smashing babies on rocks a metaphor for? What is god ordering mass murders a metaphor for? What is Jesus telling people he comes to bring a sword(war) not peace a metaphor for? It isn't! Just idiots trying to make themselves look good by lieing about everything in the bible.

AND AGAIN!!!!! Bible written by people, not god, so not it's(if all powerful how could be a man or woman?) words. The ten commandments are it's words, and not literal or metaphors but it's words. Bible has been edited, edited for more control on the masses, to give excuses for war, and to just plain make it seem better. I bet original bible ten pages long, ne for each commandment. Then people come and f*ck it up.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
oh i agree witcha on that james_lesser, i'm only saying i dont agree with all of these religions based upon stories in the bible that they took literally. and these 'stories' came from a watered-down missing bits and pieces here, there, everywhere, he said she said, edited by augustine, altered by constantinople, blah blah blah and now these religions are held up by words no stronger than tooth picks...!! MY point was not that the bible should be read metaphorically to be worshipped, but that these religions are totally basing their beliefs on these stories that seem to be metaphors, and they are taking them literally. ever heard of 'Malicious Obedience'?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
hey I'm sorry to disappoint u but hes not lying or anything ( i was personaly shocked when i read some of it)

im christian myself and i found that these things are in the bible

my mom gave the website adress to our pastor so he wil explain some verses to us next week

i might post som explanations n stuff when our pastor comes to are house

thanks and goodbye!

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tabula Raza
hey I'm sorry to disappoint u but hes not lying or anything ( i was personaly shocked when i read some of it)

im christian myself and i found that these things are in the bible

my mom gave the website adress to our pastor so he wil explain some verses to us next week

i might post som explanations n stuff when our pastor comes to are house

thanks and goodbye!

Why do you need some one else to explain your belief. The reason that christianty has been so misunderstood is becasue of the church (well the church of the past i should say) Martian Luther translated the bible from latin to german to show the people that the priest of the catholic church that were ordained form God were nothing but liars. ( i.e purgatory was made up so that they could get money for elaborate cermonies)

The verses there are as plain as day...God gave you free will and a brain, use them

join