It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. lawmaker wants to bring back firing squads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
There was a time when I thought like many people here do. If someone has been convicted of a crime involving violence they should be put to death ASP.
But as I have gotten older and more and more people have been found to have NOT done the crime they were in prison for in some cases 10 even 15 years I realized we CANNOT ever rely on each other to be sure of the FACTS when it comes to putting people in jail for any crime .
So now I see if even one person is imprisoned wrongly or worse put to a firing squad then we ARE the criminal.
Not one of us are good enough to say for sure any other person deserves to die .
Funny thing isnt it? after all there are times in life were we think man I wish they were dead (who ever ) Or god i would love to just do them in .
Yea I know you have NEVER even once thought how you mite like someone dead . Now who is it you think your lying to me or your self? But thinking it and saying yea lets do it are two different things .
If you avacated killing no matter what the reason you are a accessory to it even if your not the one who pulls the trigger.
There are times when we may have no other choice but to kill in self defense ww2 was the best example of that .But other then thous times solder or not call it war or not its murder .

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i think you made a very sound argument! i too was for the death sentence until i acutly started search for awnsers from with in...

i dont understand the hypocrisy. every other law jail but murder someone and then the great state of yada yada has evry right to murder you....

it realy sets a bad precedent

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is the problem with morals and ethics we create. There is no way to determine who is right and who is wrong.

But what I do know is, it all depends on how close to home it hits. I wonder, those that say the death penalty is wrong, what would be your resolve had it been your daughter that was raped and killed. Would you still be willing to turn the other cheek and let the perpetrator continue living and with the possibility of being able to do it again in the future.

I do not know, I kind of look at it the same way as if your dog bites you, you have to put it down.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Mahatma Gandhi, (attributed)
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

I truly believe this. However...
If something happened to me or my family that I felt "justice" could only be served by a dearth sentence, I would have to reconsider my beliefs. I hope I would stand to my principles and turn the other cheek but I don't think anyone could honestly say to themselves how they would act in a certian situation until it actualy happened.

Just trying to keep it real!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What a cold and cruel bunch.

I've had personal tragedy hit home. There is no justice in a death sentence. Wishing ill onto another human being never makes your loss any less painful. In fact all that hate interferes with grieving and compounds not only your pain but the pain of many others. The family of the perpetrator not being the least of that bunch.

I've taken quite a few "dog bites" and not once have I ever sought to put a dog down. Ive done the very opposite actually and taken him in.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I kinda like the idea.

Now add in warentless government spying, incarceration without a trial and secret death panels and we have a winner here.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If i was with my wife or kids and someone was trying to kill them that is the different thing i was talking about . You totally have the right to self defense or defense of a loved one.
now if my wife was murdered and they came to me and said they caught the guy who did it How can I be sure (not being there at the time its even the right guy??
Ok well now lets say there were cameras were ever she was killed and there's a video of it. Now i say well must be him lets shot the creep .Now the dudes dead turns out there's was another guy after all who he just looked like so you tell me now that i said kill the dude and was wrong what does that make me?
After the fact without the facts is no way to jump up and say wolf/
why just here at the library the other day there was a guy next to me whos phone keep making text noises.
one of the librarians hear that but dont realize its his phone and goes to another guy and says turn down your phone . The other guys just figers maybe his did make noise so trys to comply .
after the third time of this with the same guy the librarian says it must be his phone and it sure wasn't his imagination that he hear the phone . Now here he is not just asking the WRONG guy to turn it down BUT saying hes lying when he says its not his phone finely I said hey and pointed to the dude next to me whos phone was the one acutely making noise.
Now i understand this is just phone noise but every one is so ready to point fingers and yep that was him al right And even being there can BE WRONG so just how many should we kill and have to say OPPPS sorry wrong phone sorry we killed him ?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
hey look on the bright side.

it creates more jobs than Lethal injection does.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
People who live in Florida should live in Florida.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
What a cold and cruel bunch.

I've had personal tragedy hit home. There is no justice in a death sentence. Wishing ill onto another human being never makes your loss any less painful. In fact all that hate interferes with grieving and compounds not only your pain but the pain of many others. The family of the perpetrator not being the least of that bunch.

I've taken quite a few "dog bites" and not once have I ever sought to put a dog down. Ive done the very opposite actually and taken him in.
Thats what I'm talking about. I commend you on standing by your convictions and allowing yourself to not seek a "blood vengance".
Did you know you were going to react that way or did you surprise yourself a little? I'm not trying to be disrespectful in any way l Just am trying to understand the process not having to experience the pain that you have gone through.
Love
Red

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If everyone was like you, there would be no violence. You live your life with Love and that is very rare. You will be blessed.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You guys are missing the point. This Republican doesn't like lethal injection, because he thinks it doesn't cause enough suffering. He is a barbarian caveman conservative that should be publicly condemned.

new topics

top topics

join