It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Republican Candidate Has The Best Plan To Create Jobs ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
With the REAL unemployment rate being 22% here in the USA there can be no doubt that Job creation is the most important issue for the American people so I thought it might be a good idea to examine each of the Republican Candidates Jobs plan to see who has the best ideas ?

A few questions:

Which candidate do you think has the best job creation plan ?

Will any of these "job plans" actually work ?

What can make these job plans better ?

What (if anything) is missing from these plans ?

Will cutting taxes actually create jobs ?

A few relevant quotes and links:

GOP Candidates Get New Impetus to Push Job Plans

President Barack Obama isn't the only politician facing renewed questions about how to get Americans back to work after a month without job growth.

The lack of hiring in August, as reflected in a new jobs report Friday, also makes it more imperative that Republicans running for president offer credible proposals to revive job creation.

Now the GOP contenders will be trying to do just that.

Read more: online.wsj.com...

Where Republican Presidential Candidates Stand on Jobs—PICTURES

With the unemployment rate hovering above 9 percent and polls showing that Americans are increasingly pessimistic, the issue of job creation has taken center stage in the Republican presidential primary campaign. Some themes are constant: opposition to President Obama and his policies and support for lower tax rates. Here is a closer look at the arguments the GOP candidates make when asked about how they would create jobs:

Link: www.nationaljournal.com...

Search Results for "Republican Candidate Best Jobs Plan"

Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs?

"It’s a mainstay of conservative orthodoxy that tax cuts create jobs. In fact, the complexity of the tax code does create jobs for high-priced tax attorneys and accountants. But do tax cuts create “real” jobs?

The answer appears to be no for companies big and small."

www.forbes.com...

Search Results for "Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs ?"

Private Ideas on How to Create Jobs

Chief Executives

Chief executives of some of the world's largest corporations support repairs to aging infrastructure, financed in part by private money, and point to lower taxes and fewer business restrictions as ways to create jobs.

Read more: online.wsj.com...

Search Results for "How to Create Jobs"

Republican Candidates - October 2011
(last name alphabetical order)

Michele Bachmann
www.michelebachmann.com...

My “American Jobs, Right Now” Blueprint for Economic Prosperity and Job Creation
www.michelebachmann.com...

Search Results for "Michele Bachmann Job Plan"

Herman Cain
www.hermancain.com...

Vision for Economic Growth
www.hermancain.com...

Search Results for "Herman Cain Jobs Plan"

Newt Gingrich
www.newt.org...

Jobs and the Economy
www.newt.org...

Search Results for "Newt Gingrich Jobs Plan"

Jon Huntsman
www.jon2012.com...

Jobs
www.jon2012.com...

Search Results for "Jon Huntsman Jobs Plan"

Ron Paul
www.ronpaul2012.com...

Economy
www.ronpaul2012.com...

Right to Work
www.ronpaul2012.com...

Search Results for "Ron Paul Jobs Plan"

Rick Perry
www.rickperry.org...

Jobs
www.rickperry.org...

Search Results for "Rick Perry Jobs Plan"

Mitt Romney
www.mittromney.com...

Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth
www.mittromney.com...

Search Results for "Mitt Romney Job Plan"

Rick Santorum
www.ricksantorum.com...

Where I Stand
www.ricksantorum.com...
www.ricksantorum.com...

Search Results for "Rick Santorum Jobs Plan"

A few videos for context

Romney, Perry spar on job creation

Newt Gingrich outlines his Jobs and Prosperity Plan at the Palmetto Freedom Forum

edit on 12-10-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow no replies
I guess nobody has an opinion about Jobs !

Here's video of the Bloomberg / Washington Post GOP Debate in New Hampshire

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
First of all rule Herman Cain out because all he has is a tax plan. Some may argue that a tax plan, if it cuts taxes in a correct manner, is a jobs plan but I disagree. What he intends is to introduce a national sales tax, imagine what kind of insecurity that could cause the service sector when they know that there is another tax that can be used as a political tool by the irresponsible Congress.

There is really nothing substantial that I saw come from Santorum, Bachmann, Perry, or Gingrich. Jon Huntsman proposed a plan but it is assuming that expanding free-trade at the most rapid pace in our history is the wise choice; protectionists such as me would overwhelmingly disagree. Mitt Romney released a rather large program and honestly I never read the 159 page outline but there are so far mixed reviews, some say it is a great pragmatic work others say it is Obama-lite. I applaud him for at least putting effort into creating an economic program

Ron Paul has very substantial arguments in his economic outlines. I believe most of it would do exceptionally well in turning our country around. The states carrying the burden of social services, ending the war spending and empire, massive overhaul of regulations, return us to a sound currency, and balance the books. All of that would create stability in the financial sector which creates prosperity for the country. But I do disagree strongly with Paul in regards to his free-trade beliefs but at least he wants to do away with the free-trade agreements which would allow us to have greater authority over our trade relations.

None of them are exactly what I would like but of the candidates Paul proposes the best plan overall and Romney put much effort into developing a well thought out plan. As for who has the best plan to create jobs? I cannot answer that question because government often does not create jobs the private sector does. As for who would move government out of the way of the private sector? Well that one is easy: Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Nobody can legislate jobs coming back and/or legislate creating jobs. And yet people are calling to bring our troops home, that would make it even worse, imagine 50,000 (probably more) US soldiers come back and have no job.

Yeah it may be ideal to bring them home, but watch the employment issues become worse at least now these guys have job security...wish I could have re-upped.
edit on 12-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add & Capitalization

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only one of them with any understanding of macroeconomic theory.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

In a secret building 25 floors beneath the earth, a program was designed to subliminally put messages out that distort reality to either the reader as far as listing or the seeker as far as seeing.

Every electioneers from the last 40 presidents have always been about, health care, jobs, the economy and what ever else your programmed to believe that can bring hope and disparity.

Every election some one finds it important to vote for a president who claims he or she can turn the economy around, but in reality and real life, it will never turn around, so to vote for a president that would blatantly lie is uncivilized to me and would not get my vote

In the same election, you will find a president that will tell you that he will create jobs and all types of other stuff, but in reality and real life, it is not enough jobs out there for every single individual that is over 18 years old.

Why do people believe in the same lies over and over again ?

Because people are programmed and they don’t even no it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by easynow

In the same election, you will find a president that will tell you that he will create jobs and all types of other stuff, but in reality and real life, it is not enough jobs out there for every single individual that is over 18 years old.

Why do people believe in the same lies over and over again ?

Because people are programmed and they don’t even no it.

There are plenty of jobs for citizens if things are simply done differently.

Instead of paying trillions for a war machine with 800+ bases in 130+ nations
we could develop algae oil and end all oil imports to the US.

Instead of funneling 100's of trillions into the derivatives blackhole ponzi scheme
that has been slowly unspooled bankrupting entire nations, use the money
to create jobs, homes, permaculture food such as Aquaponics and Hydroponics.

If products are imported that are made in a manner that violates US labor laws
they may not be imported, that would end alot of the slave goods coming into the US.

If working at the Foxconn iphone plant is so bad suicide was preferable for 12 ppl,
then something was not right.

So end all oil imports, end all unfair trade policies, send all the VISA workers home,
and the troops that came home can close the southern border and help the mexican
citizens find their home country and wipe the drug lords out instead of guarding poppy
fields in Afghanistan.

But of course none of this will happen because it is not what the ppl running the game want.

The round table groups will continue to control the puppet politicians via sex, bribes, blackmail,
and any other tool of leverage that has been used for centuries.

The New World Order is very much like the Old World Order it just got a tech upgrade.

@ the OP - the unemployment situation is actually MUCH worse than 22%.

Only 45% of working age adults had jobs

edit on 13-10-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

edit on 13-10-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

So end all oil imports, end all unfair trade policies, send all the VISA workers home,
and the troops that came home can close the southern border and help the mexican
citizens find their home country and wipe the drug lords out instead of guarding poppy
fields in Afghanistan.

But of course none of this will happen because it is not what the ppl running the game want.

The round table groups will continue to control the puppet politicians via sex, bribes, blackmail,
and any other tool of leverage that has been used for centuries.

The New World Order is very much like the Old World Order it just got a tech upgrade.

OK, how about this for a solution....we announce an amnesty for every politician who is being controlled with sex, bribes, and all the rest. They can even keep their ill-begotten gains. The slate is wiped clean, and therefore we can implement your great plan of simply doing things differently. That should work, right?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by easynow

Nobody can legislate jobs coming back and/or legislate creating jobs. And yet people are calling to bring our troops home, that would make it even worse, imagine 50,000 (probably more) US soldiers come back and have no job.

Yeah it may be ideal to bring them home, but watch the employment issues become worse at least now these guys have job security...wish I could have re-upped.
edit on 12-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add & Capitalization

You would think that. Unless that government used them for building infrastructure or various other projects that could use military expertise. Afterall these people are highly educated and qualified in a variety of different fields.

We need to start finding new wasy of using the military other than defense. It's a valuable assett we are wasting.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
ron paul hands down, the rest are all spewing the same rhetoric, it is just like ron paul said, he doesnt care who jumps into the election because they will all take votes away from each other as he is the only one with new and different idea's.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
oops ... I forgot to add Gary Johnson to the list:

Gary Johnson
www.garyjohnson2012.com...

Jobs
www.garyjohnson2012.com...
nationalreview.com

Search Results for "Gary Johnson Jobs Plan"

Only 3 people say Ron Paul has the best plan ?

Fundamentally changing or Ending the Fed is a good idea but I think it's gonna take a lot more than just doing that to formulate the right atmosphere for job creation. I would like to see Ron expand on his ideas for Jobs but I do understand his thinking about fiscal responsibility and a strong dollar being a good place to start.

My only question is: If Ron got elected and started the process of Ending the Fed , how would it effect the political and economic uncertainty that most business owners say is one of the main reason they aren't hiring ? Would it help or make the situation worse ? Anyone care to take a guess at that scenario ?

Thanks everyone for the replies

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

There is so much on the FED on ATS alone that you can spend days reading about it. but first of all, ending the fed would put a stop to the ability to just print money off bonds anytime you need it, instead to be able to attach a value to the currency like from gold/silver/commodities and allow other competing currencies is the work of a truly free market, things will go back to costing less because the value of the currency will be worth so much more.

You also won't see BUBBLES because the market and currency system can't be inflated so fast, NO BUBBLES, NO CRASH. Steady and maintained growth is key.

I'm voting for Ron Paul because I'm tired of bailing out the 'too big to fails', I'm tired of just delaying the inevitable just so we can go on living our miserable lives without being bothered to think for ourselves. We need a leader that cares about the people and has decades of consistency to prove it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
None of the above?

The only thing I see is more rich people intent on deconstructing the regulations that keep us safe. Admittedly, safe is a relative term... However, I do not care for the mind set that believes things Love Canal, and BP's oil debacle and other corporation actions that have generated disasters are good for America, which is why we have such regulations.

Such regulations came about BECAUSE corporations and others had PROVED they were not capable of policing themselves.

If you think corporations have or are going to self police themselves you are mistaken.

M.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Ron Paul Has great ideas,sadly Herman Cain doesnt and his 999 plan would be a disaster.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Every thing you said fits under the category as 'what if'...'i wish upon a star' catagory,lol, but your right and until all that changes,it will be the same monoply agem...every 4 years.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

There is so much on the FED on ATS alone that you can spend days reading about it

No need to spend days reading about it, the answer is simple,

the Federal Reserve is a loan shark that has taken over America and is literally killing us !

The only solution is to outright abolish the Fed and/or create competing currencies

Ron Paul: Competing Currencies Can 'End the Fed' Softly
www.youtube.com...

However, I believe that will not completely end the creation of bubbles nor stop the bail outs. The corrupt and greedy players will always figure out a way to keep making (stealing) money.

Like I said the Fed needs to be abolished but timing is everything. The question I have is, will slitting the Feds throat and killing it create even more uncertainty for business owners who are already worried about hiring employees? The same could be said about completely changing the tax system like Cain and Gingrich want to do. They all want to make huge changes that will most likely cause more uncertainty for business owners which will further delay any hiring.

Kinda like the mistake Obama made, He started out with a dramatic change to health care when he should have worked on the economy and jobs first.

I just don't want to see the same mistake again

edit on 13-10-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

To put it simply,

You could either let your TPTB continue with their plans of global dominance or you could elect somebody like Ron Paul (whose 30 year battle with the federal reserve has finally uncovered trillions of dollars of domestic and foreign secret bailouts) to throw some wrenches into their well-oiled machine.

The decision is yours.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Government doesnt create jobs. Smaller Government = less regulation = creation of jobs.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The government (R or D) should not be in the business to create jobs.

The only thing that they should do (in relation to the thread) is to create an environment where people/businesses will start hiring.

That would include a comprehensive tax plan.

So, by default, I'd have to say Cain.

Beez

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ron Paul will release his comprehensive economic plan on Monday and that includes zero income tax.

Cain's 9-9-9 plan is a disaster. 9% income + 9% national sales + 9% corporate tax + local state tax = mega strain on the lower and middle class.
edit on 14-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join