It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian Soccer Player Reportedly Detained in Saudi Arabia Over Jesus Tattoo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

A soccer player from Colombia reportedly was detained in Saudi Arabia for walking through a mall wearing a sleeveless shirt that revealed his religious tattoos, including one of Jesus.

Juan Pablo Pino, 24, a member of Saudi Arabia’s Al Nasr soccer club, was taken into custody in Riyadh on Friday by Saudi moral police after mall customers complained about the tattoos. Pino was visiting the mall with his pregnant wife, the Catholic News Agency reports. Read more: www.foxnews.com...#_tab#ixzz1aYJK87BR

Mods, if this isn't the correct forum, please move it. In fact, seeing as how Christianity is under fire all over the world - including beatings, forced conversions, rapes and beheadings on an epidemic scale- perhaps a forum dedicated to the religious persecution of Christians is in order. There are new atrocities being reported every day!

So apparently, it is against the law in Saudi Arabia to even have a tattoo. If that tattoo happens to be of a cross, then stand the F by, because the morality police are going to get you. I'm actually surprised they even let the man play for a Saudi team knowing that he was a Christian before hand.

If I was him, I'd tell the Saudis to find someone else to kick their balls around.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I think that it is time to impose a few of our own moral laws over here and see how they like it. Normally, as a non-Chritian, I tend to be tolerant, but this is getting out of hand. Give them a taste of their own medicine and see how they like its bitter taste.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
they are so stupid, Jesus is mentioned in the Koran also...Some will do anything to start trouble, if it was a christian or another religion that did this to a Muslim their would be riot's, death and mayhem. When will society change so we also wont tolerate treatment of other humans by the minority of Muslims who think they are better then anyone else.
edit on 01/18/2011 by camouflaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
but, "When in Rome ..."

Yes, It's way over the top.

though,
1. Jews and Muslims don't like tattoos. God in the OT said, "do not mark your flesh..."
2. Jews and Muslims don't like images of dieties and idols. That was one of God's commandments.
3. Jesus is also the Muslims Messiah.

So, yeah, we think it's harmless, but you don't grab a stick and poke a bears ballzack

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by OldCorp

I think that it is time to impose a few of our own moral laws over here and see how they like it. Normally, as a non-Chritian, I tend to be tolerant, but this is getting out of hand. Give them a taste of their own medicine and see how they like its bitter taste.

Oh we can't do THAT! It's not politically correct.

When I first started getting into the whole Muslim debate, I gave them the benefit of the doubt; after all, they claim to worship the God of Abraham and they do consider Christ to have been the Jewish Messiah. But as I have done more research over the years, especially in the last year, I have come to realize that Islam is not only a false religion, it is just downright evil.

Apologetics claim it to be the "Religion of Peace," and that Muslims just want to live in peace and worship God in their own way. My studies of Islam indicate that it is all a lie. They can't even be at peace with themselves. The Sunni and Shia sects have been at war since the death of Mohammed, and a favorite target is a mosque in which their opponents are at prayer. Seems pretty peaceful huh?

Of course Muslims come by it "honestly" enough. Their "prophet" Mohammed was, according to the Koran; a liar, a thief, a rapist, murderer and pedophile. These facts can NOT be disputed as they are in the Koran for anyone to read. He was their "perfect man," a role model for all Muslims to emulate. So if they aren't doing what Mo did, they aren't a "good" Muslim.

I can't even engage in a debate about Islam anymore with a Muslim, and I have several Muslim "friends." I put the quotation marks around that word because the Koran specifically tells Muslims NOT to have any friends who are Jewish or Christian (must be a new form of interfaith outreach I'm not familiar with.) But the reason I say I can't debate the subject is two-fold: Firstly, I don't want to offend my "friends" by pointing out the truth about their religion, even if I use the Koran to do it; secondly, after learning about Taquiyyah (the Muslim practice of lying to infidels in order to further the spread of Islam,) I can't believe anything they say. It's extremely frustrating to try and have an honest debate with someone when the tenets of their religion instruct them to lie.

But I can live with that. What I can't live with is the rapid increase in the persecution of Christians in Muslim countries; AND here at home. There are parts of Michigan, Dearborn in particular, where Christians are clearly not welcome. Last year, the Dearborn Police department arrested several Christian street preachers who had the audacity to exercise their First Amendment rights in a Muslim neighborhood. They were arrested because the Muslims were offended. So this disease is not only endemic in Muslim nations, it's also beginning to infect the West.

Just look at the backlash against Muslims in European countries, where after failing to take over by force 800 years ago, Muslims have undertaken a stealth campaign to undermine and Islamize Europeans governments from within. They didn't come to Europe or America to have a better life, if they did they would have left all of the Old World oppression and tribal customs where they belong - in the Old World. No, they brought all of that garbage with them; honor killings, misogyny, forcibly arranged marriages, and finally they want to implement Shariah law in the West too (Dearborn and Minneapolis, where Muslim cab drivers refuse to carry anyone with alcohol or blind people with guide dogs.)

Germany has had enough. Angela Merkel called their experiment in multiculturalism a disaster. The Netherlands now has an anti-Islamic party led by Geert "Fitna" Wilders running the show. France has banned hijabs and several countries have banned the grand mosques Muslims wanted to build. In England, the EDL is voicing the outrage of millions of English citizens who are sick and tired of immigrants being catered to at the expense of natives.

I know someone is going to come along and accuse me of being a bigot, but that is just not true. I don't care what religion someone chooses to practice. As long as it doesn't affect me or my way of life, my next door neighbor could dance naked around a bonfire and bark at the moon if that satisfies his spiritual needs; but when I have to obey Shariah law in MY country (it's coming) or face imprisonment and/or death in another country simply because of the religion I choose to follow, something must be said!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
but, "When in Rome ..."

Yes, It's way over the top.

though,
3. Jesus is also the Muslims Messiah.

No He's not. Muslims consider Christ to have been the JEWISH Messiah, but they do not recognize Him as the Son of God. The Muslim "messiah" is the Madhi, who they believe is even above Christ, who has been relegated to the role of simple prophet.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

We get poked in the sack everday my friend. It is time for the bear to bite, and bite down hard. All you Sepos out there should know that if you muck around with a grizzly, it it going to ruin your day. I think that day is coming.

Edit: I would however like to point out that not all Muslims are like this. I have many Muslim friends in France that have integrated into our culture. They still pracatice their faith, in private, but do not try to impose it on others.
edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

EditEdit: For all of you that do not know what a Seppo is. Sepo.......Septic Tank........Yank. And do not worry, you want to hear what my friend from Montana calls me. LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

so, would you say that when in the uk, usa, europe and wherever which is classed as "christian" (bawlk) , that it is OK to continue the persecution of muslim people (scince 9/11) for their beliefs, but when christians go to a muslim country it becomes deplorable that they have a problem with christians, or that they have the nerve to get angry about it??

this planets full of disturbing hypocracies!! in france muslim women are not alowed to cover their heads how they would like to due to people being scared of things they dont believe in or understand within islam... but hey, thats in france, a "christian" country ... so i guess thats cool eh!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by OldCorp

so, would you say that when in the uk, usa, europe and wherever which is classed as "christian" (bawlk) , that it is OK to continue the persecution of muslim people (scince 9/11) for their beliefs, but when christians go to a muslim country it becomes deplorable that they have a problem with christians, or that they have the nerve to get angry about it??

this planets full of disturbing hypocracies!! in france muslim women are not alowed to cover their heads how they would like to due to people being scared of things they dont believe in or understand within islam... but hey, thats in france, a "christian" country ... so i guess thats cool eh!

Would you be kind enough to provide examples of this Muslim persecution? I know of two crimes committed by a couple of idiots who attacked convenience/gas store employees (one of whom was a Sikh) after 9/11, but other than that, I have NO knowledge of any laws or organized persecution of any religious group in the US.

If you can't provide a few examples, I'm going to call Taquiyyah on your post.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

That's a great idea, suspend the constitution and restrict people's rights out of spite for Saudi Arabia. I hope you got the sarcasm. We shouldn't stoop to the level of a represive authoritarian dictatorship, because then we would be no better than them.

I cringe at the authoritarian regime in Saudi Arabia and am severly dissapointed that humanity is so intolerant and oprresive. However, history shoes us that change will eventually come.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

no problem at all squire...

the first three refer to the fact i stated before, the last one is just a demonstration of what i was trying to say ... that its borderline acceptable to persecute muslims in "non muslim countries" yet , you seem to think its the most heinous crime when they do they same in their countries ...not to mention that guy most likely broke some laws by having these tattoos ... more the fool him imo, people shouldnt be so arrogant to think their way of life is acceptable in any other country!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

We already live by our own values. Enforcing them to protect our culture should not really impose any further restrictions upon ourselves. However, turning the other cheek will get your face smashed in.

I know which I would prefer.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Saudi leaders are a bunch of hypocritical scum..
They have wild parties and orgies while preaching these laws that are only there to keep the sheeple in place..

You should blame those that put them in power, the good ole US of A..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

We get poked in the sack everday my friend. It is time for the bear to bite, and bite down hard. All you Sepos out there should know that if you muck around with a grizzly, it it going to ruin your day. I think that day is coming.

Edit: I would however like to point out that not all Muslims are like this. I have many Muslim friends in France that have integrated into our culture. They still pracatice their faith, in private, but do not try to impose it on others.

EditEdit: For all of you that do not know what a Seppo is. Sepo.......Septic Tank........Yank. And do not worry, you want to hear what my friend from Montana calls me. LOL

thanks for clearing that up.
I read. and have read all 3 'books'
I am not a yank - i'm Oz (27years) ex-pat Kiwi.
I am of no religion. just giving some info.

These intolerant muslims are not true muslims. Muhammad made a covenant with the christians which is displayed in the royal treasury in turkey. tey have gone against that covenant and he will not be happy
Muhammads Charter to the Christians

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Nice find. If only that was true today. From both sides of the fence.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by OldCorp

no problem at all squire...

the first three refer to the fact i stated before, the last one is just a demonstration of what i was trying to say ... that its borderline acceptable to persecute muslims in "non muslim countries"

You mean the story with this headline?

EDL London march halted by police

Seems to me that the EDL protest was hardly in line with English etiquette. "Not quite cricket by jove!" And the EDL offenders went to jail. My problem with Islam comes specifically when those policies benefiting them at the expense of natives are enforced by Western governments on the behalf of Muslim immigrants.

yet , you seem to think its the most heinous crime when they do they same in their countries ...not to mention that guy most likely broke some laws by having these tattoos ... more the fool him imo, people shouldnt be so arrogant to think their way of life is acceptable in any other country!

www.guardian.co.uk...

He's not a Muslim. Any laws he broke concerning tattoos were purely religious in nature. This is another aspect of my problem; forcing non-Muslims to conform to Islam. The burka ban as far as I'm aware had nothing to do with Christianity or those nations being "Christian," which is a questionable statement at best. It was completely secular in nature, due to concerns over terrorism. We have something similar going on right now in New York, where anyone at the protests who is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask is arrested.

Apples and oranges my friend.

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

The Saudi leaders are a bunch of hypocritical scum..
They have wild parties and orgies while preaching these laws that are only there to keep the sheeple in place..

You should blame those that put them in power, the good ole US of A..

Yes they are; and yes I do.

I'd be willing to bet that a significant number of "missing" Russian, Eastern European, and even American women are being held captive in a desert harem right now. They just love their blondes. Al-Awlaki, though he wasn't Saudi, is another example of the hypocrisy displayed by Muslims. He was arrested a few times for soliciting a hooker i Vegas; and the 9/11 hijackers did a fair impression of college students on Spring Break in the weeks before 9/11, frequenting prostitutes, strip clubs, and chuggin' liquor like it was going out of style (supposedly to maintain their "cover.") Yeah right!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia is the center of all Jihad. They believe they fool the world with their sweet lies and ostentatious displays of wealth.

Arabia has suffered longest under The Jihad. What was once a land of many cultures, including Jews and Christians, is now the vast, joyless, monoculture expressed through Islam.

If any nation needs liberation from the Allah, it is them. Liberate Arabia! 1,400 years of muslim occupation is enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I personally was brought up Christian but I don't follow any religion now,and although I have no objection to anybody having any beliefs they want I do think religion is either to blame for a lot of conflict or is perhaps used to cause a lot of conflict.

In Scotland we suffer from sectarianism which is conflict between different factions of Christianity, ie the Catholics versus the Protestants.

There is a big push just now by tptb to stop the aggro and as a result fans are being punished for singing certain songs at football matches, songs which are deemed likely to increase hostilty between rival fans. These songs have been sung for decades.

Sometimes a new signing will run onto the park and cross himself, unaware of the tensions and resulting in a reprimand from the authorities and told to keep his personal blessings out of sight.

It's all a bit silly in my view, but it's an example of Christians hitting on other Christians.

Tbh if you actually stopped some of the folk causing the problems and asked them to explain what the difference was between a Catholic and a Protestant, I reckon most of them wouldn't have a clue. It's just an excuse to go out on a saturday and have a good old ding dong.

There is a serious side to the division which is seen at it's worst in Northern Ireland and which has in the recent past erupted into actual conflict, and which still bubbles just under the surface. This hails back to conflict between England and Eire, with the English Protestants loyal to the Queen of England, and the Catholics loyal to the Pope. The problem started away back when Henry 8th fell out with Pope so he started his own Church of England. But then Scottish Protestants are not Church of England but Church of Scotland which was started by John Knox, who began as a Catholic, then was influenced by Church of England and went on to revolutionise the Church in Scotland in the process ousting the Catholic Mary Queen of Scots.

It's all very complicated and a lot of people hating each other for no reason at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Saudi Arabia is the center of all Jihad. They believe they fool the world with their sweet lies and ostentatious displays of wealth.

Arabia has suffered longest under The Jihad. What was once a land of many cultures, including Jews and Christians, is now the vast, joyless, monoculture expressed through Islam.

If any nation needs liberation from the Allah, it is them. Liberate Arabia! 1,400 years of muslim occupation is enough.

Maybe we can send some of the OWS protesters over to stir things up a bit.

That actually started out being a joke, but I just realized that a lot of these kids on Wall Street are probably from the Rachel Corrie School of Naivete. They'd probably hop in front of the first tank they saw and expect it to stop.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What percentage of Muslims do you believe deserve your hate??

Serious question..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join