It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with Harry Potter gettin' freeky deeky?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Probably been said already but a) showed no naughty bits, and b) it was done in a way that it obviously wasn't "real" in the movie...it was a vision shown to Ron to try and influence him.

As for appropriateness, each Harry Potter book (and film), gets darker and darker, as the heroes deal with some very real threats and tragedies.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by Rhebefree

Your whole response is more screwed up than I'll ever be lady.

Simple solution. Don't take your kids to a movie that obviously isn't for them until they're at a certain age to understand it all. Same for letting them read stuff.

Harry Potter is a story of good and evil. Good triumphs over evil but the good needs to be suppressed and trapped in a corner first to really give a sense of accomplishment not just for the heroes in the story but for whoever is reading/watching it too.

It's basic psychology 101 and if you don't understand that or don't understand how screwed up you really are thanks to your mother and your reckless attitude towards letting youngsters under 10 get involved then not my problem, it's yours.

Have fun reading the pop up book version of The Exorcist to your kids and explaining to them what's going on and why she's putting the cross there. From reading just two of your posts I can see your parenting skills leave a lot to be desired regarding this subject and I'm now done with this thread because I have nothing more to add.

Google search for some adult and child psychologists, I'm sure you'll be needing one soon.

What are you talking about! You say that my mum was wrong for not letting me watch smurfs, which like the potter movies has dark magic in it, but then turn around and say parents shouldnt let their kids watch the potter movies??! You obviously did not read my posts properly, I dont advocte children watching the movies or children under thirteen reading the books, I have already made this clear! Please read my first post again and next time you join a thread make sure you pay more attention to what you are reading. I know exactly what the potter movies/stories are about! And of course I wouldnt read a pop up exorcist book to my child, what lessons could I teach from it?? I meant that if a parent wanted their children to be exposed to the harry potter thing then they should be sitting with them and reading it to them and CENSORING the age inappropriate things, like descriptions of dementors........ But why am I trying to explain myself to you? You obviously did not read my posts properly before responding! How arrogent of you to assume anything about my parenting skills just from a couple of annonymous posts on a website, you dont know me so dont assume to know what kind of parent I am.

Please do not respond to this post before reading it and my previous ones a couple of times to properly discern what I am saying

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Dr Love

Uhm, i guess you didn't actually look at Hermini...

Emma Watson?!? If you were in Harrys postion... Wouldn't you?

I sure as hell would... shes frickin gorgeous!

edit on 11-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

A recent pic.

Emma Watson

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
One thing I have learned from this thread is that Moderators are allowed to troll.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join