It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with Harry Potter gettin' freeky deeky?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was watching "The Deathly Hallows" part one on Sunday morning, and Harry was getting busy with that chick he always hangs around with. They were both naked and the red-headed guy they hang around with was watching them and he was mad because it's obvious he thought Harry was a CB.

I never knew there was this kind of smut filth in Harry Potter movies. I can't tell you how offended I was.

Peace

edit on 11-10-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Do you know what this movie was rated?
Have to remember to keep this one
away from the kids - I thought Harry Potter
was innocent, I guess nothing is any more.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes, the book should be burned as well, since it is in there too! Obviously, anyone who reads the books are only doing it as a gateway to Satan worship.

You sound like a certain crazy priest here in Poland. Get a life.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The whole series is full of evil wizards trying rule the world, brutal, strange, magical, violence; strange creatures #ing # up, a portal of doom that just eats Sirius Black, instant death and torture spells, and a whole bunch of other things and it is the brief sex scene that offends you?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
well i can tell from your tone
and general display of knowledge of the franchise
that the HP series is near and dear to your heart
and that obviously the situation, context, and emotional turmoil playing out in that scene
touched you deeply

and as such i probably don't need to remind you that situation and context
are very important in seperating "art" from "smut"

also
Lupin for President.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That seems kind of extreme...

I have read all the books, and while Harry and Ginny get together there is no scene in the book where they have sex. If anything they added the scene to try and make the movie more adult, which I agree is not appropriate. I would not call the last 3 books of the series children novels, they are very dark and have heavy subject matter. I think this is because most of us who read the books when we were young were in our 20's when the last book came out so they had to evolve. But regardless no need for a sex scene, but thats asking a lot from horny Hollywood.

ETA: I have not seen the movie...
edit on 11-10-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Well, I'd imagine the same cult who liked to hide penises and words like "sex" in almost every Disney film - probably had a hand in the making of the Harry Potter movies.

I read the first three books back when they first came out. They weren't bad. But these movies have definitely butchered the story. Money probably as well.
The author wrote the first three books on napkins when she was a lowly waitress - now she's raking in millions of dollars. When her think tank/agents told her to put in a sex scene, I am sure she couldn't refuse the money in exchange.

Sad that they are trying to make young kids grow up so fast. Condition them into being superficial and afraid.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There was also a scene where the girl sat on Harry's wand and broke it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lets try BILLIONS of dollars, at the top of her career Rowling was making 1million dollars a DAY off the Pottter franchise.

Next what teen is getting freaky now and days, hell even when I was a teen there were certain kids that had already experienced sex before 18... Sorry if it offended you, however the will of the producer is hard to resist...anyone remember a certain giant spider in Wild wild west...yeah.... there will never be a faithful reproduction of any book because that doesn't appeal to a broad spectrum of viewers....and as far as the Entertainment PTB are concerned Sex sells...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I watched that the other day, but I didn't notice anything more than they show on daytime soap operas. I didn't see any actual "private" parts, but you could tell that they were depicted as naked. I was going to watch it again anyways, I'll have to see how explicit that scene was, I wasn't really paying too much attention, because I was doing housework while watching the movie.

These movies are marketed towards a teenage to adult market anyways, it's nothing the teens haven't seen (or done) before.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Really? Really?
I've seen it and all of the other HP movies several times The scene which you are talking about, most of thier bodies are masked by smoke so you cant see much except for them kissing.

The the main premise of the entire movie series is good versus evil, and good wins- jeesh enough already. If you watch the entire series from beginning to end the subject matter gets progressively darker as the main characters age. Such is life, the Harry Potter Series, ages as its fans age, the last 3 books/movies werent meant for children at all.

If you dont like the subject matter quit watching it, better yet preview before you let the kiddies watch.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Dr Love

Well, I'd imagine the same cult who liked to hide penises and words like "sex" in almost every Disney film - probably had a hand in the making of the Harry Potter movies.

I read the first three books back when they first came out. They weren't bad. But these movies have definitely butchered the story. Money probably as well.
The author wrote the first three books on napkins when she was a lowly waitress - now she's raking in millions of dollars. When her think tank/agents told her to put in a sex scene, I am sure she couldn't refuse the money in exchange.

Sad that they are trying to make young kids grow up so fast. Condition them into being superficial and afraid.

i watched the video, that boxed bit really doesn't look like writing at all
if i was forced... like really pressed to make a reading i would say
g - e - ....squiggle, maybe some sort of r mixed with a b - l
gerbl? subliminal messages about pets?

that disney stuff has been floating around forever, you may as well talk about how ol' Walt is cryogenically frozen
which he isn't.

you should finish the books. not only because they're great, but because you would see what an uninformed opinion all that about conditioning to be superficial and afraid is. but more importantly they're great.
edit on 11-10-2011 by decepticonLaura because: linebreak

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
ummm...what's he supposed to do keep gerkin his wand? Good for Harry he finally got some Pootter.
edit on 11-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh no...........I'm being attacked by some serious Harry Potter fans I can tell.

Forget I said anything.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OH finally a reason to watch Harry Potter...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

No, don't be sorry that you brought this up. Children's entertainment needs to be discussed.
I haven't seen any of the movies nor read any of the books, but from what you describe, it seems ultra freaky that the scene has the other boy looking on. Voyeurism and children shouldn't be mixed together in my opinion.

Is it possible for you to find the exact scene you're talking about?

Regarding children's entertainment in general, I agree with the posters who mention Disney and other producers who are masters at riding the fine line between acceptable and inappropriate.
I feel that much of what children are exposed to now in the form of entertainment has a lot to do with desensitization so that adult themes are pushed towards them before they should actually be learning about them. But, this is just my two cents. Most would consider me a prude, but I see nothing wrong with children's magic having nothing to do with the magic adults experience.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

It just premiered on cable, and I don't have the wherewithall to get it off the tv. I guess I could use my digital camera next time I see it's on, but I don't know how long it'll take me.

Both were butt naked, rubbing on each other and kissing passionately, but there was some smoke. Still, it was pretty risque for what I thought was supposed to be more of a young adult movie.

There's no telling what the Harry Potter movies have done to peoples' brains.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Dr Love

No, don't be sorry that you brought this up. Children's entertainment needs to be discussed.
I haven't seen any of the movies nor read any of the books, but from what you describe, it seems ultra freaky that the scene has the other boy looking on. Voyeurism and children shouldn't be mixed together in my opinion.

Regarding children's entertainment in general, I agree with the posters who mention Disney and other producers who are masters at riding the fine line between acceptable and inappropriate.
I feel that much of what children are exposed to now in the form of entertainment has a lot to do with desensitization so that adult themes are pushed towards them before they should actually be learning about them. But, this is just my two cents. Most would consider me a prude, but I see nothing wrong with children's magic having nothing to do with the magic adults experience.

sooo.... "i'll admit up front i know nothing about this but that won't stop me railing on it"?
you'd like to know more about it? happy to oblige;
the scene being discussed is where our heroes have finally tracked down both an evil artifact and a way to destroy it. one boy has to find his own inner strength to stop an evil force from said artifact which is using his own insecurities against him. in this case, his fear that his two best friends [one of whom he loves] secretly despise him and would rather be together. the evil force generates a smokey and veiled indistinct illusion which he breaks after the usual angsty teen movie moment of indecision.
for fans of Ron it's a very empowering moment
as well as the turning point in the story and the first blow against previously mentioned evil force
and is totally riven with symbology and subtext and all that great stuff that you get in a bildungsroman.
yes, the movie handles it a little tackily.
but sorry, taking cheap shots at a series you haven't seen or read will not save the kiddies innocence.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

I made a cheap shot? The only thing I mentioned was the other boy looking on and the fact that children's entertainment rides the line between adult and children's entertainment.

I asked him if he could find the scene online somewhere so I could make an accurate opinion wasn't out of line. You going through the entire storyline had nothing to do with one scene of intimacy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Oh no...........I'm being attacked by some serious Harry Potter fans I can tell.

Forget I said anything.

Peace

Pretty sure this is why Rowling bought a castle in a remote part of Scotland

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join