It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditate Don't Speculate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If one is interested philosophically, spiritually or metaphysically in the actuality of reality, what good will it do to speculate with others on its workings? Why not see for yourself, empirically? After all, you are the creator of your reality, so who better to learn from then yourself?

If you were confused about reality and life, would you ask others about it who are also confused? Or would you seek out a wise teacher who you can trust?

If you were not confused about reality and life, would you spend your time conversing about it on the internet? Or would you sit content, quietly and peacefully, in solitude until someone comes along and asks you to teach them how to do the same?

Disregard everything that I have ever said, it was neither wrong or right. Delve deep within yourself fearlessly and diligently, and if you need guidance then find a noble teacher and trust him thoroughly. Reality and life should not be treated like entertainment, nor should it be seen as too complicated to clarify. Only with the cessation of your ignorance, aversion, greed and suffering (desire and fear) shall you know what reality is.

Peace.

edit on 10-10-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You probably won't get many replies.. this is a site for seekers. ie: people purposefully looking for a distraction from truth. I know.. i must be one of them.

That said, the truth has been expressed! So thanks for doing it!

Peace and Love!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thanks...I needed that!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The role assigned to your own mind in this plan, then, is simply to determine what, other than itself, must change if you are to be saved. According to this insane plan, any perceived source of salvation is acceptable provided that it will not work. This ensures that the fruitless search will continue, for the illusion persists that, although this hope has always failed, there is still grounds for hope in other places and in other things. Another person will yet serve better; another situation will yet offer success.

Such is the ego's plan for your salvation. Surely you can see how it is in strict accord with the ego's basic doctrine, "Seek but do not find." For what could more surely guarantee that you will not find salvation than to channelize all your efforts in searching for it where it is not?

ACIM lesson 71

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. Good timing for me as I have been wrestling with this for the last 12 months. I have been spending way too much time reading other people's theories rather than meditating and gaining insight from the great creative spirit.

Just today as I drove to work along the coast and through subtropical rainforest and listened to the blissful transmissions internet radio sight ( I know I probably shouldn't be doing this and driving at the same time), I had this sudden and most immense emotional and spiritual connection with Gaia. In one instant out of nowhere I felt the spirit of Gaia enter my heart. It was both beautiful yet immensely sad. I realised at that moment, like never before, that our spirits are one - that we are both created from the same source. I was saddened because I also realised that we, the human race, has done immeasurable damage to her in the name of progress.

So, I agree with what you have to say. Truth ultimately comes from within. It's OK to get new ideas from external sources but they need to be confirmed or debunked through spirtitual practice, whatever that means for you.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good thread. Seek.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
If one is interested philosophically, spiritually or metaphysically in the actuality of reality, what good will it do to speculate with others on its workings? Why not see for yourself, empirically? After all, you are the creator of your reality, so who better to learn from then yourself?

Wise words and very true. To find our true Self we must look inwards not outwards. However many teachers are met upon the path until the true guru inside is revealed.

Meditation is the key to the door that leads to the inner guru.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Stillness because: addition

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I am curious what truth have you discovered through meditation? Have you felt something special or have you seen something in a deep state? What if it was just your imagination and not the truth? Its not like I'm skeptical I just don't understand yet how the truth is revealed during meditation (by image, voice, feeling... ?). How can one be sure that he has reached the truth?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Avatar777

There have been many "experiences", but there is little importance in them beyond the immediate moment. They come and go. The truth is in what cannot be seen; in what cannot be said, in what cannot be born and cannot die. Anicca, Anatta, Dukkha - these have always pointed to and always will point to the truths of reality. Jump into the deep end, keep your eyes open, relax and without exertion you will float to the surface.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I find it's so much more in my journey, for it leads into the deeper mysteries of what life is about, and the actual work we need to do.

Our pineals are crystaline in nature. Stars are too. Candlelight contains millions of nano diamonds until the flames burn to stabilize in 3d. Stars are like mirrors reflecting the true light and this universe, or earth's universe, our portion, for each star is a separate school/grade even, is like a mirror world/reflection.

So like a star transmits the Light, streaming in from Beyond, so do our pineals transmit this. But as a gateway and frequency this school is highly interactive. So while crystal/Christus/Christ may have a connection, there is only one way to become more of ourselves and connect to the True Light, and Goodness, and shine it forth, and that is by overcoming self and the world, and struggling to meet God/Goodness/Family above half way in our goal of perfecting self and loving/serving others as much as we can do, as much as we can understand, and that Love Channel is the one that brings to us far more deeper long lasting truths and transformations and allows us to Shine Forth More Of Source/Self/Family/Goodness/True Light, into the world.

So meditation, prayer, sungazing safely, wonderful, wonderful, tools on the journey.

Deep answers come, and direction.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

May Peace be with you brother.

Skeptics and opponents of meditation brush it aside too easily. Meditation takes no faith. However, it does take some sincere commitment. Meditative states can be experienced by anyone, of any faith or beliefs. Just as any sport, or game, or career takes practice, learning, hands-on action, trial/error, and commitment... so does meditation. It's not about making any magic happen. It is simply seeing the truth of reality, and to finally experience life to it's utmost. So... yeah, any opponents or skeptics of meditation need only learn this skill to know. There are many great books, lectures, videos, articles, and threads/posts on forums for anyone to learn the skill of meditation, and to overcome any obstacles or difficulties.

"Meditate Don't Speculate."

Many of the answers and understandings of existence and life can be found within each and everyone of us. We don't need to hypothesize, or speculate, or conjecture about certain things. We must simply look within from a liberated conscious.

To reach our own understandings and potentials, it is extremely helpful during the beginnings of our path to seek a teacher. A teacher is one to learn from what they share... we must not seek to surpass or challenge them. Even if we disagree, that is not the purpose of a teacher. All other people in this world can only point, it is only for you to look. Do you see beyond or are you starring at the finger? We all walk the path differently, this is why it is to no benefit to challenge a teacher. This is true on all levels, as to why we see the extreme student/teacher respect in our ancestors.

"Meditate don't speculate"..... I like this slogan

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Exactly... Like Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be learned."
There shouldn't be any waiting for anyone to go to anyone,
And if they do, we shouldn't teach them OUR ways, rather tell them to learn THEIR ways.
Otherwise, really, what are they learning?
Nothing.
Just purely conversing.
This is why I do not live with regrets, because if I never made any mistakes, I wouldn't have found myself.
That's just my argument on how to deal with life.
I love a good argument.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
wise words

top topics

join