It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street: Class War by Proxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Occupy Wall Street: Inciting a Class War by Proxy?

Everyone had better be careful.
This “occupy the planet” movement is either being coy or ignorant.

I understand the constituents of the movement, the “non-leaders and non-spokespersons” who come forth to tell us that they are the 99% attempting to keep the 1% in line.
I even happen to agree.
I'm sure that the 1% could do a great deal more to solve the problems of the masses. Some of these solutions fit within the buzzwords you hear in the media and by the protestors: “accountability,” “fair taxation,” “transparency,” “limitations,” “legislation.”

However, this is not what will come of these protests.

How do I know?

These sorts of concerns, the distinctions between the have nots, the haves, and the have-it-alls, are the kinds of things that we've been fighting over since these sorts of problems arose. To a lesser extent, with the birth of “society” and “labor” we created these problems, but specifically, since the industrial revolution, the golden rule stays golden. For the common folk, you and I, there is a very narrow degree of play for our scraps from the table. We currently think we're not being rewarded fairly, or represented, at all.

What do you think you're going to accomplish by merely pestering a fraction of those who work directly for the 1%?
Unless you're willing to go all the way, to violence and revolution. History tells us complaints rarely get the results that a healthy revolt does.

I'm suggesting, that by simply stating your grievances, while important and worthy of note, you are merely providing another foothold in something that will have to be bigger to achieve results.
This is because, ultimately, there are larger forces in your way. Forces that simply manipulate, placate and lie to you, so nothing ever changes.
Sometimes these forces run on campaigns of hope and change.
Which is a lie in and of itself.
Nothing ever changes.

Now before you become angry at being duped, ask yourself “why did we need hope and change bad enough to vote for it?”
Because things were bad.
“Why were things bad?”
Because of the previous forces that duped you.
So who are you angry at? The forces that duped you now? Then? Before then?
For the last 300 years?

This is the point, this is the reason the only change that is going to come about is going to be change that the masses insist upon. (Which, by the way, is natural. “Nature” is that which existence insists upon.)
If this is true, it is likely that things will get ugly. This is because any threat that becomes needing to be controlled, will be controlled.
If there is opposition there is escalation.

There are three possible outcomes for the occupy everywhere movement:
1.) Folks get tired, fed up, or placated with lies and give up. The movement fizzles and ends.
2.)Some party, politician, group or person comes in to lead and organize the mass into a coherent force, which then transforms into a watered down version of something that can be steered away or ignored.
3.)The protests grow and violence erupts because “business” is interrupted.

In a way, the people in this final predicament are the only ones who can win.
To win you must be unavoidable and determined.
This, as I said, will only be achieved by way of ultimate threat.
I'm not condoning it, I merely point it out.
(And I'm not mentioning what it means to "win." This would require another whole post.)

If it comes to blows, we will have, by way of misdirected force and frustrated tenacity, started a class war between the haves and the have nots.
Yet, as usual, it won't be the haves on the other side of the trenches, coming at the masses.
It will be more have nots, simply doing the bidding of the haves.
The Presidents, politicians, operators and commanders of the world do not fight on our behalf, we fight on theirs.

So it is class war by proxy. Which can only serve the real, overall agenda.
Fewer agitators. Lessened resistance. Compliance, by way of force.

And finally, what about internal combustion? For what if those of us who enjoy the status quo are thrown into the mix?

Imagine an America being torn apart by it's own inhabitants, while the people's enemy gets away scot free. Again.

Seems to be a common pastime.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am applauding you in my living room as we speak. I have been trying to tell people the same thing, that so long as they are in power, NOTHING will change, regardless of our voices. As you stated, history has time and time again they will simply change the rules on you and misdirect your attention once more. Change is a necessity, and we are falling apart as a nation because we cannot attain it. The problem is that nobody can compromise anymore, we have become too self centered as a society to even consider true compromises. Even if we can avoid saying we are wrong, we cannot seem to accept that we may not be right, and that is what keeps us from working towards a common goal.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

The major achievement with occupying... Family. Relationships form, expand, and grow. If there's any war involved, it's a battle to educate. Not everyone is on the same page, but they will be as this thing gains more momentum.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

The major achievement with occupying... Family. Relationships form, expand, and grow. If there's any war involved, it's a battle to educate. Not everyone is on the same page, but they will be as this thing gains more momentum.

They will be on the page that they are told to be on. Any movement requires money. Money is the corrupting factor. The Tea Party started as a protesting rally type of moevment (not as strong as OWS in its approach). You see how it is now a shadow of what it once was. It was originally a protest of expense and taxation. Now it is a wild eyed GOP.

The meme already being spread (and bought up by the masses) is that OWS is full of kids wearing designer jeans and smoking pot, all bought with mom and dad's money.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Americanist

They will be on the page that they are told to be on. Any movement requires money. Money is the corrupting factor. The Tea Party started as a protesting rally type of moevment (not as strong as OWS in its approach). You see how it is now a shadow of what it once was. It was originally a protest of expense and taxation. Now it is a wild eyed GOP.

The meme already being spread (and bought up by the masses) is that OWS is full of kids wearing designer jeans and smoking pot, all bought with mom and dad's money.

The comparison is not fully warranted... "Occupy" is more widespread and further down the path. Your generalization is heard in echoes of the Fox Network. If this is your stance, you subscribe to a smokescreen that reeks of labeling.

I for one have been waiting...

The mob—The crowd—The mass has arrived.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I subscribe to myself. My own views. I don't watch TV, especially a mainstream news outlet. If you detest Fox, reserve some more detesting for all other news outlets.

I hope for the best from the OWS movement. But I know human nature. And human nature is to fall in line behind "leaders".

If rebellion actually worked, we wouldn't be where we are today. Fact is, it is at best only a temporary fix, until that pesky human nature takes over again and The People get complacent.

In the idealistic mind of the youth, anything is possible. To someone who understands that history repeats itself, the only things possible are that which have already happened.

But, like i said, I am hoping for the best. There is still that bit of idealism in me that yearns for what is true, real change.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Up until now we haven't had social media apps on wallet size wireless phones... This is history in the making. If you want a voice in the MSM, watch Dylan Ratigan. Case and point:

edit on 9-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Truth is spoken in your words. I have come to realize this lesson long ago, that with all "movements" and "protests" no change will ever occur because ultimately, those people end up accepting the same old thing they were protesting against, hoping the problem fixes itself instead of removing it.

Though you don't support it or suggest it, it being revolution, I do. These protests are going to go the way of the Tea Party fast, and people who don't see the similarities because they are STILL separated between the imaginary party lines, they will wake up soon enough. This movement is nothing more than the liberal version of the Tea Party, and the moment it steps out of government control they will commandeer it. Hell, they already have in some regards, just look out how in bed with the protestors the mayor and police are in Occupy Philadelphia. It is basically a big old camp out for people to vent their frustration at.

I don't see it going the way of revolution, not yet. The ring leaders of this mess are still too preoccupied with the status quo and the belief of "peace getting what we want" that all they can think about is marching and accepting unlawful arrests. Protestors will continue to complain about their woes, while complaining about their rights being infringed while complaining, while doing absolutely nothing but being the fad of the moment.

All this will pass, and unless the powers make a mistake and start the violence early, we will see be waiting until next year until the true revolutionaries show their colors.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Tea Party? This is even better than the real thing...

Thread
edit on 10-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Occupy Wall Street: Inciting a Class War by Proxy?

Everyone had better be careful.
This “occupy the planet” movement is either being coy or ignorant.

I understand the constituents of the movement, the “non-leaders and non-spokespersons” who come forth to tell us that they are the 99% attempting to keep the 1% in line.
I even happen to agree.
I'm sure that the 1% could do a great deal more to solve the problems of the masses. Some of these solutions fit within the buzzwords you hear in the media and by the protestors: “accountability,” “fair taxation,” “transparency,” “limitations,” “legislation.”

However, this is not what will come of these protests.

How do I know?

These sorts of concerns, the distinctions between the have nots, the haves, and the have-it-alls, are the kinds of things that we've been fighting over since these sorts of problems arose. To a lesser extent, with the birth of “society” and “labor” we created these problems, but specifically, since the industrial revolution, the golden rule stays golden. For the common folk, you and I, there is a very narrow degree of play for our scraps from the table. We currently think we're not being rewarded fairly, or represented, at all.

What do you think you're going to accomplish by merely pestering a fraction of those who work directly for the 1%?
Unless you're willing to go all the way, to violence and revolution. History tells us complaints rarely get the results that a healthy revolt does.

I'm suggesting, that by simply stating your grievances, while important and worthy of note, you are merely providing another foothold in something that will have to be bigger to achieve results.
This is because, ultimately, there are larger forces in your way. Forces that simply manipulate, placate and lie to you, so nothing ever changes.
Sometimes these forces run on campaigns of hope and change.
Which is a lie in and of itself.
Nothing ever changes.

Now before you become angry at being duped, ask yourself “why did we need hope and change bad enough to vote for it?”
Because things were bad.
“Why were things bad?”
Because of the previous forces that duped you.
So who are you angry at? The forces that duped you now? Then? Before then?
For the last 300 years?

This is the point, this is the reason the only change that is going to come about is going to be change that the masses insist upon. (Which, by the way, is natural. “Nature” is that which existence insists upon.)
If this is true, it is likely that things will get ugly. This is because any threat that becomes needing to be controlled, will be controlled.
If there is opposition there is escalation.

There are three possible outcomes for the occupy everywhere movement:
1.) Folks get tired, fed up, or placated with lies and give up. The movement fizzles and ends.
2.)Some party, politician, group or person comes in to lead and organize the mass into a coherent force, which then transforms into a watered down version of something that can be steered away or ignored.
3.)The protests grow and violence erupts because “business” is interrupted.

In a way, the people in this final predicament are the only ones who can win.
To win you must be unavoidable and determined.
This, as I said, will only be achieved by way of ultimate threat.
I'm not condoning it, I merely point it out.
(And I'm not mentioning what it means to "win." This would require another whole post.)

If it comes to blows, we will have, by way of misdirected force and frustrated tenacity, started a class war between the haves and the have nots.
Yet, as usual, it won't be the haves on the other side of the trenches, coming at the masses.
It will be more have nots, simply doing the bidding of the haves.
The Presidents, politicians, operators and commanders of the world do not fight on our behalf, we fight on theirs.

So it is class war by proxy. Which can only serve the real, overall agenda.
Fewer agitators. Lessened resistance. Compliance, by way of force.

And finally, what about internal combustion? For what if those of us who enjoy the status quo are thrown into the mix?

Imagine an America being torn apart by it's own inhabitants, while the people's enemy gets away scot free. Again.

Seems to be a common pastime.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Perhaps possibly a General Strike! I like that idea better!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Option 3.

new topics

top topics

join