It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the misleading thread title and fear mongering! Much appreciated!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I read an opinion piece recently concerning U.S. exit strategy from Afghanistan. The rather bleak conclusion was that once every Afghan who wanted U.S. out was dead, then the U.S. troops could leave.

Every once in a while I think of Vietnam. If the U.S. had "won", then what? Would the U.S. have said, "Here you go France, we've regained your former colony for you. It took a lot of work in this, the age of decolonization, so you really owe us one."

And what about Libya? Is that a recolonization? Is Italy going to get it? Or is the U.S. going to say, "Just hold off Italy, this one goes to France because we failed to deliver Vietnam? You can get the next one. Just stick with us."

edit on 9-10-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You asked for comments and here is mine.

The thread title is VERY wrong. Misleading to say the least.

The location forum is VERY wrong. This should be in Polical or Rant or even Skunk Works....Not breaking news. Not news at all.

And finally I have to say, maybe I am just old. But the visual editing of this video was terrible. The words spinning around for no reason other than drama, was just plain annoying.
About one minute of that was enough, not three minutes of reverse wording and crazily jumping around sentances was over kill.

While the message of how our country has invaded foriegn countries may be a good one, the video was so hard to read and watch, the content seems to be lost in the crazy visuals.

JMO and since we are a free country still, you are welcomed to take it or leave it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i got some words for this:

appeasement

hiding your heads in the sand

sure pull out which i do agree with

but like that poster said THERE IS NO REASONING WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT YOU DEAD.

and for anyone who has paid attention for the last 30 years theres no shortage of them.

and for those who are still paying attention you disarm and the rest of the world arms receipe for more of the same.

theres not a sane person out there who doesnt hate war but when the lives are depending on a safe environment just so people can live well lets just say glad i will never make that call.

and i do hate to break it to everyone here idealism never lives up to cold hard reality never has never will.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Seems to be a misleading advertisement for Ron Paul for President.
Needs to have something in front of the title such as "suppose there were" or some reasonable fact simile.
Predictable.
DH

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Also the vid is a tad melodramatic perhaps lol!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Funny story: When I saw the title, I thought of this video right away and thought "Oh wow, it must've happened then?"

Then I open this thread up and discover it's just that same exact video.

Well, I guess I can't say I'm mad that aren't any Chinese troops on our soil.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
this was not misleading.

your first hint was that it was posted in "political madness" instead of "Breaking news"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

Oh no. And you're already so dumb to begin with

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I like it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well.........you got me good
However, I'm not interested in Ron Paul or any politician for that matter.
On the trickery you used to get me to watch your video
On your fear mongering thread title. That wasn't necessary.

ETA
I suppose I should have paid attention to the part that read "Political Madness"
But still, next time try to be a tad bit more forthcoming. There are in fact, no "Armed Chinese Troops in Texas"....

BTW...good message in the video OP, just a very misleading way to "lure" folks to your thread.
edit on 10/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There is a great message in the video, it's something that has been said before, but never gets proper attention. Yes the thread title is misleading, it should be "Imagine Armed Chinese Troops in Texas", but then this sort of topic may need a little hyperbole to get the attention it needs. While we can only imagine what it would be like to have foreign troops occupying us "for our own protection", or "for their national interests", for way too many other nations, this is a reality imposed on them by the US. Only the most gullible are fooled into believing this military occupation by our forces is required "for our protection", General Smedley Butler has said it best, "War is a Racket".

Remember when one of our spy planes was forced to make an emergency landing in China? (U.S. surveillance plane lands in China after collision with fighter) There were some articles written back then playing role-reversal - asking what it would be like had a Chinese spy plane been forced to in the US: TomPaine.com "Chinese Spy Plane Lands On Long Island" Same situation as our occupying foreign nations with, what - 825 overseas military bases and installations? Pax Americana indeed. The cost of this must be staggering, and the byproduct is a lot of hatred aimed at America for it's status as a foreign invader/occupier. As far as I can tell, the only political agenda that loves this military presence are the Neo-cons.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Perfect.

That is what a "true Conservative" can see, where a faux-conservative, Republican cannot.

Agreed.The video certainly changed my mind on certain aspects of our military presence throughout the world.
Don't get me wrong, I believe we have a honest purpose to have bases throughout the globe, as long as those places are agreeable to our presence. As I type this, I know that we would have most of our military back at home. And I'm OK with that.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Amazing!! Ron Paul is CAPTAIN AMERICA!!! or CAPTAIN CONSTITUTON!!! VOTE RON PAUL 2012!!

I pray he wins!! Spread the word!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

your message is good but your post is very misleading, the video is good as well too. The title of your post misleads people to believe foreign troops are already acting on our soil, you really shouldn't scare people like that with false alarms. I would give you an S&F but your title is extremely misleading, and everyone who has confronted you about it you just bash or talk ish to them, when they are simply stating a fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Americans would welcome the Chinese troops.

After all, they already welcome all the "Made In China" products.

They would understand that the Chinese are only here to help them continue to consume all things Chinese !

China has already invaded America, conquered, and taken over, and they did it all without setting a single soldier down on American soil, or firing a single rocket or bullet.

Instead, they fired TV sets, and Computer Parts, and all sorts of Electronic goods, lobbed these missiles across the pacific and knocked out all the manufacturing base of the American industry without blowing anything up!

Those Chinese are one smart bunch.

They deserve to take over.

It's time they sent in their Troops to Protect their gains.

edit on 9-10-2011 by DRAZIW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Do you know how many countries harbor armed american troops?

Maybe they are in country for training? Many European fighter jet pilots go for training to the us, because there is no way you can do anything fancy in Europe between the risk of crashing the jet in historic sites and the impossibly dense air traffic.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This was something Ron Paul said first so why has someone else ripped it off?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

About 45 seconds into this....in knew where it was headed.

I agree with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seems alot of people are fast asleep with the current situation in the middle east.

The thread title is not misleading... the video is about "chineese troops in texas". It seems you people are more concerned with the OP's thread title than actually understanding the message in the video they posted.

Very powerful message it brings across. If you don't understand it, then you are fast asleep.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join