It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: 'A Significant Majority of the American People Believe that the Country Is Not Moving ...'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised as hell - based on Biden's past gaffes - but for the second time this week Biden seems to be showing that he actually has a clue.

First he came out with a statement that the obama administration now "owned the economy" and not Bush. Now this where he tells a meeting that he understands that the numbers are not good for re-election based on how Americans are doing:

[url=http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-significant-majority-american-people-believe-country-not-moving-right-direction_595107.html]source[/url ]

NBC’s David Gregory: “Is it strong enough of a Republican Party for its nominee to beat this president?”

Joe Biden: “Oh absolutely, absolutely. It’s strong enough to beat both of us. Look, look – no matter what the circumstance, at the end of the day, the American people right now are - many of them are in real trouble – an even larger percentage have stagnant wages and a significant majority of the American people believe that the country is not moving in the right direction.

Of course, Biden also showed his other side this week with that photo op of the VP "propagandizing" to a bunch of 5th graders by telling them that the economy is all Bush's fault.

Leave the kids out of it Biden!

And not remembering that Van Jones was a key part of the obama administration not too long ago.

edit on 10/6/2011 by centurion1211 because: URL not working for some reason

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I think this is part of a two part strategy. Down play expectations, then say the country isnt doing well and its all the fault of the "do nothing Congress". It might work, people might be dumb enough to believe if he had gotten everything he wanted that we would be better off. I am of the mindset that if he had gotten everything he wanted we would have even more unemployment.
"
edit on 6-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

I think this is part of a two part strategy. Down play expectations, then say the country isnt doing well and its all the fault of the "do nothing Congress". It might work, people might be dumb enough to believe if he had gotten everything he wanted that we would be better off. I am of the mindset that if he had gotten everything he wanted we would have even more unemployment.
"

Nancy is saying things that may support that theory !

Pelosi Says Unemployment Rate Would Have Hit 14.5% Without 2009 Stimulus

Nancy Pelosi refuses to use the word "stimulus" to describe the president's "American Jobs Act." But when asked today to name significant differences between the Jobs Act and the 2009 stimulus package, Pelosi didn't identify any, except the amount of money each bill costs. "This is a much smaller package," she said of the $497 billion American Jobs Act. The 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act cost $862 billion.

Pelosi praised the 2009 Recovery Act as "a success in terms of job creation," though it wasn't "fully appreciated."

"Without the Recovery Act and accompanying federal interventions, whether from the Fed, or Cash for Clunkers, or other initiatives, the unemployment rate last year at the time of the election would have been fourteen and a half percent, not nine and a half percent," said Minority Leader Pelosi. "But if you're a voter and you don't have a job that doesn't mean anything to you and that's right, because nine and a half percent is too high."

well I for one am feeling better knowing it could have been worse

especially coming from Pelosi's expertise

I wonder how she came to the exact conclusion of 14 and a half percent.

got any real numbers Nancy ? Hmmmm

as for Biden, maybe he's been taking reading lessons !!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Continuing his comments:

That is never a good place to be going into reelection whether it’s your fault or not your fault. It’s almost sometimes irrelevant. … [color=;imegreen]But what I’m counting on, I’m counting on, what I read out there, is the judgment of the American people to decide they know the hole we’re in, they know how far we’ve come out, they’re dissatisfied how fast we’re going, and they’re going to have to choose whether or not the path we have set the country on is the path that we should continue to go or we should go back to liberating the economy in the terms of…”

He should have said:

"But what I’m counting on, I’m counting on, what I read out there, is the judgment of the American people to decide they know the hole we’re in, they know how far we’ve come out continued to slide further into that hole,"

www.weeklystandard.com...
edit on Oct-07-2011 by xuenchen because: [color=tan]Maybe he misread his notes afterall !!!

new topics

top topics

join