It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Maya and 2012: A Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
For a couple years now I've been dropping this link , which is a permanent fixture in my sig, in an effort to encourage people to research the truth to the whole Mayan fantasy. It's good to see someone here can do more than a cursory glance at the subject before regurgitating New Age propaganda. Kudos to you OP, s&f for you.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

The problem is matching dates between the Mayan calendars and the Gregorian calendar. One of the ways to match up calendars is to find an event that has a known date in both calendar systems. Other ways can be inferences based on events that can be dated in the other calendar such as using dendrochronology to determine when a structure was built. Each link up is called a correlation. There happen to be many different opinions about the match up. Each has its own correlation. The most commonly used one is the GMT correlation.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
December 2012 could actually be the End of the Word.

It happened in another dimension, or should we say, in the astral world, the dream world, or maybe in the spiritual world (or other realms).

During that time, something happened, and its effect was not seen at once. That way, the Transition is always at hand.

Now, let me tell you something about a dream during that time.

It was a dream of chaos. Very chaotic. My spiritual mother, father, sister, and my er-er (together with the people around us) were actually having lots of business. Then I came in front of a counter where there you can ask for anything and it shall be given (I even thought at first that it was a restaurant.) Well, I asked for books, the whole set of Britannica Encyclopedia, hahaha. (I believe that during that time I even considered the idea of having the whole library, you know, you can ask for anything at all. hahaha)

[Now, to give you this warning. Take heed with this revelation of Truth. In dreams, there are truly the so-called collective consciousness. Why? That is due to the reason that during that time, I never knew anything about e-Books at all, as well as how encyclopedias are actually delivered in crates. Haha]

Now, to continue the dream. The woman was absent-minded for a short while and looked at me curiously before introducing me the e-Books. I accepted the e-Books but I still asked for the whole set of the voluminous Britannica Encyclopedia. hahaha, Much to my devastation for my sister never helped me. She just left me there. (What a sister. Hahaha) Good thing a guy was there (I believe it is er-er, the research guy.) He helped me with the crate. Nyahahaha

Then during the 2013, lots of things happened which indeed made me meet enriched eBooks (I thought it is only available in .txt, wattpad stories, you know during that time) in the .mobi format first (in the gutenberg.org) after asking about it in Yahoo Answers. Using a nokia c3-00 s40 series phone, I utilized it with the Mobipocket app. Beautiful indeed.

So, it could actually be the End of the World indeed. 2012 is truly the End of the World, the sky was very gray, lots of people were filled with busy-ness, there were chaotic things happening (chaotic felt through energy). It was as if people were going somewhere that should have been there, well, that was just inside a dream anyway.

Blessed be.
edit on 1-1-2023 by TheEndIsHere because: grammar check, added a bit of info

edit on 1-1-2023 by TheEndIsHere because: added something for clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheEndIsHere

It actually happens in the four worlds of metaphysical theory…
Body/mind/soul/spirit

The world of God is the highest world—we can say spirit…
In this world---the world of the body or, in spiritual parlance—the kingdom--ONLY interprets reality based on what happens in the highest world—period.

That’s all it does, but it often interprets it in a distorted way, veiling reality to the lower senses…
911 may have been a lower-world indication of the 2012 or millennium idea of the end of the world, but one has to look deep into this to see that.

A dimension is different from a world and a level---the basic metaphysical theorem is:
4 worlds---7 levels—and infinite dimensions.

Infinite dimensions are what we know as heaven or paradise or the Garden of Eden in its purity(before the Fall of Man). That Garden is what all religions say we are returning to after this lower-fallen world returns to its original state.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Could you please let us know if where the knowledge of these 4 worlds, 7 levels, infinite dimensions came from? (is it from a book, a certain teaching of someone, etc?) [Please don't take this in a negative way. In fact, it does enrich something that is known of the Truth. So, yes, thank you.
]

Sometimes, I truly want to sift through information and just let the "resonance" show what is of Truth.

But Truth is Truth, so let us set aside the differences and Let the Truth Be, for God to Be Glorified.

Indeed, even the teaching of "heavenly pleasure" being preached in most of the contemporary churches (the protestants, the christians, and other similar belief systems) are way too beyond the teaching of the Gospel.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Since it's come up again and since the link above is 404, I'm going to www.2012hoax.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">drop a link to the above-mentioned 2012 site that's archived on Archive.org

Bottom line: no MesoAmerican culture believed the world was going to end then. Just as you don't believe the world will end just because the calendar for 2023 ends.

www.2012hoax.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Details of what the Maya actually DID believe is at this link.

Or... tl;dr, as the site says, there's a lot of stuff being made up (with "connecting the dots" that aren't dots and aren't connected) in order to gain a sense of importance and to sell books and get followers for Youtube channels... and all boils down to money (and attention.)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Truth indeed. You have every right to believe from everything that you have witnessed so far. Yet, Truth is of Truth. If there is the end of the world, then there will the End of the World, whether you like it or not.

So, yes, as we can see, it is truly disconcerting to see lots of spiritual teachers out there that have been using the spiritual teachings just to gain fame, money, and all. Yet, do not generalized all of them. In fact, I, myself, thought and reflected about it for a long-long while. And here are what I can tell you that are of Truth:

- in our current time, to give and to receive is a must due to the physical illusion of money. If we are to remove this money (and its other forms), then seek a more Truthful alternative (that will not force people to usury, injustice, selfishness, etc.) then things will be much more truthful for all of us.
- if these teachers won't ask for something in return for their efforts, how will they support themselves? (Can you now see the reason why it just won't happen, the Freedom of Knowledge, due to this?] Therefore, we must recalibrate the "order of things" for people to be more of the Truth. Pray tell, how can the authors support themselves if without the book having a price? [Yes, you are right, those big companies indeed could be sometimes abusive of their power over such. Still, it is not always the Truth for they were also forced to do so.]
- now, if we truly wanted to change things, we must do so with a new Perspective and some Sense of Sagacity. It is easy and possible, but not everyone will like it and will even support it.
- and many other more observations that you could have already seen...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join