It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd urged asylum seeker to jump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Flavian

Exactly , despite having a a minority of idiots, we are one of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

Typical Britian, thinks there better than everyone else
And your what? a yank probrably...and we all know they are universaly loved

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

PC? Sorry I'm not up to date with internet slang.

It isn't "internet slang", but rather an acronym. It stands for Political correctness.

You say you guys are tolerant when all you do is cry about different races coming into your country and living there, oh were being taken over by muslims, racists much?

Do we? Yet another generalisation. By and large, people don't mind any immigrant, as long as they don't come here to sponge off our generous welfare system or try to change the way we do things.

Your fake ass catholic church that likes to rape children,

Catholic? What the hell are you on? England, for the most part, isn't religious at all and for those that are, the predominant Christian Church is the CoE or other Protestant faiths. Only around 13% of people identify themselves as Catholic, whereas over almost 70% are nominally CoE. Unlike the US where almost 25% of people call themselves Catholic.

only thing I like about britian is your women.

Wow, what a deep and philosphical person you are. You're not shallow at all and are definately worthy of us taking note of your opinions.
edit on 7/10/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

A yank? LMAO Please don't tell me that's an american insult. I'm not the yank you'd want to mess with even better I'm not even technically a yank even though I was born here.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Wow, what a deep and philosphical person you are. You're not shallow at all and are definately worthy of us taking note of your opinions.

But you bothered to respond says words about you.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No the poster is correct,english people are self centred and pig ignorant,I am in the few pleasant ones.

If you do not agree with me,so what

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would not call this typical British behavior. There are plenty of examples of this same type of thing happening in other places outside of Europe. You could very easily find many cases in the US as well. There are also examples of similar cases but with different circumstances. Does anyone remember the teen who committed suicide live on web cam with thousands of people watching? Many of them encouraged him as well.

As far as thinking the crowd should be arrested, that is just silly. That literally opens the door and sets a precedence to arrest people for giving bad advice. There is no shortage of videos on Youtube of people jumping from high places or doing incredibly dumb things at the behest of others. As an example have you ever seen the movie "A Christmas Story"? Think back to the scene where all the boys are encouraging another young boy to stick his tongue to a pole in the freezing weather. We all know what happens, the boy's tongue sticks to the pole and the fire department has to come out get the boy free. It is easy to say, "Oh a law would never be used for that" but by now we should all know that is simply not accurate. How many laws were passed for "terrorist" that "crazy conspiracy theorist" warned would be used on the general public to regulate normal behavior? It is a pretty long list.

Besides, at the end of the day, this man did not have to jump. He choose to do it. At some level one must take some personal responsibility for their actions. I can think back to my own Mother asking me when I was young, "If people told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?". My answer was always, "no". Obviously this jumper was stressed. Possibly he had other underlying mental health issues. It is not often that one decides to commit suicide on a spur of the moment whim. Obviously he was encouraged by the crowd, but did he have to listen? Since he did choose to listen to a group of people he did not know and jump, why should they be arrested or charged with a crime? At the end of the day, no one pushed him, he jumped.

Although I agree that the behavior of the crowd is completely reprehensible, it is not a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join