It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
So the Beatles, after being bailed out by their main competitor . . . more than once, manufactured over-priced chinese-slave labor made products to kids and young adults wanting to be part of the in-crowd?

People are misconstruing that other posters reference to The Beatles.

Again, what was being said is that The Beatles were revolutionary and changed the music industry for every.

Likewise, Steve was revolutionary and changed the computer industry for ever... That is it....

Is it that hard to get the comparison they made?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So many reasons why he shouldn't be missed.
So many reasons why he should be missed.

Can't decide.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't care. I hope his family is doing all right, and I hope he didn't suffer.

You don't care. Duly noted....

ATS members are going to have this huge outpouring of sympathy for a man that they should have considered an enemy. Every single supporter of OWS crying about Jobs being dead are hypocrites.

This thread is not about what people should be feeling and it is not about OWS ,so I won't respond to that part.
edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Domo has a point though, these corporations (like apple) make millions of jobs for the people..
How many jobs did jobs create?
If he was ran out of this country like the OWP want, then we would of been much worse off..

So I believe it is very hypocritical to hate corporate but (really) care about his death.
That is kind of what I am thinking..
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's a sad day when anyone who is familar to you dies.

He made (rich) people alot of money, and alot of people have expensive toys...

RIP
edit on 5-10-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It's sad to see such a visionary and luminary go. He doesn't get enough credit for his genius, in my opinion. I think that's mostly due to how modest he was in how he lived his life. Apple will not be the same, but given the time and effort and ideas he put into the foundation of that company, I would expect that his spirit will be carried on for quite a long time. Steve Jobs has changed the face of this society, he's inspired countless dreams and visions, and though he has passed he is still very much alive and well.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It's REALLY hard to get the comparison. Jobs did not invent anything, he didn't revolutionize anything ( except turning a company into a cult ) and you didn't know him. Stop being such a fanboi.

link   

Originally posted by Jepic
So many reasons why he shouldn't be missed.
So many reasons why he should be missed.

Can't decide.

Same boat here dude.

On one hand, he was a human, and more importantly, he was someone's family . . . someones friend.

on the other hand

After being bailed out by their main competitor . . . more than once, he made a killing off of manufacturing over-priced chinese-slave labor made products to kids and young adults wanting to be part of the in-crowd.
edit on 10/5/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

link   
Its not a surprise that hes dead, more a shock that it happened so soon. Most everybody figured it was in the cards within the next year since he stepped down at Apple but I doubt anybody had it pegged to be this fast. While I'm not an apple fan I can respect what the man did for the company when it was on the brink of going under, and he deserves a lot of the credit for pushing mobile computing forward when others were content to merely maintain the status quo. The question going forward now is how will his death impact the company as from what I understand he was extremely hands-on with the overall process of developing new products and furthering existing ones.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I don't understand how people are still dying from cancer in the year 2011 !!!!

He had all the money in the world and he still couldn't beat it. Same the Farrah Faucet.

We're (the medical and pharmaceutical) doing something wrong here folks!
Very sad. He'll be remembered and respected for years.... that's for sure!

I think this helps prove that just because you got money
does not mean you can buy some special tin foil hat medicine....

Holistic medicine is not even close to the tin foil hat category! It's been around since the inception of man. Medicine Shamans use it all the time. Hardly hear about 'cancer' in the jungles of a third world country!

I am going to assume Jobs used chemicals and chemo to fight this.

I firmly believe all illnesses (that aren't man-created which, cancer probably is) are treatable by natural remedies.
Baking soda is one (or so it's being reported)

We are hardly getting any nutrients anymore! What's not helping is Monsanto taking over the food industry with their genetically modified cardboard plus the crap that's in our skies (I am not saying the word: chemtrails....but ) we're probably not even getting the proper amount of vitamin K from our Sun anymore either.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That's nice. I think the Beatles were horrible and I am irritated that anyone would compare them to Steve Jobs. He was a marketing genius, I'll give him that but lets not go giving him a ton of credit when it is not due.

Okay, you don't like The Beatles... Good for you.

But if you think that him as well as Bill Gates did not change and revolutionize the computer industry, then you could not be more wrong.

Do you know what computers were like before those two came around? His reach even extended beyond computers, into music, phones and movies...

The man is much bigger than you give him credit for. Again, no one is saying this man is as big as The Beatles. What is being said is that his influence, creations and abilities changed the computer industry, in a similar way to how the Beatles Changed Music.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I can agree with that.

And hands on is an understatement.

lol

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

How are you going to now compare him to Bill Gates? Jobs took an idea from someone else, re-branded and sold it to idiots willing to pay 3 times the worth of the product. Again, he was a marketing genius but that's where it ends. I get the retarded Beatles analogy, it's a HORRIBLE one.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resonant

It's sad to see such a visionary and luminary go. He doesn't get enough credit for his genius, in my opinion. I think that's mostly due to how modest he was in how he lived his life. Apple will not be the same, but given the time and effort and ideas he put into the foundation of that company, I would expect that his spirit will be carried on for quite a long time. Steve Jobs has changed the face of this society, he's inspired countless dreams and visions, and though he has passed he is still very much alive and well.

Were not going to split hairs but we all know that Steve Jobs stole technology/ideas from Bill Gates.

That is not relative here, but I think Apple will still do just fine or even better now that they have a martyr..
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's REALLY hard to get the comparison. Jobs did not invent anything, he didn't revolutionize anything ( except turning a company into a cult ) and you didn't know him. Stop being such a fanboi.

Fanboy? Read the thread buddy. I have said I don't like apple products a few times now... I am a PC guy....

Maybe quit jumping to conclusions and accusing people of being things they are not.

If you don't like Steve Jobs and don't care that he is dead, then maybe this is not the thread for you. Maybe make one called " Steve Jobs Died: Who cares?"

That is a serious suggestion.

Steve Jobs invented nothing? His Company did. His company with his help revolutionized the industry....Computers, movies, music and phones alike.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I admire his knowledge gained, whatever he had.

You can't really blame the guy or anybody else in his shoes. At the end of the day he was running a business and whether society was ready or not, he was still gonna try and be what every business strifes for; to be the most successful.

To be honest, I don't know who to blame anymore for how dumb people have become. Everything and everyone is just f***** up...
edit on 5-10-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

How are you going to now compare him to Bill Gates? Jobs took an idea from someone else, re-branded and sold it to idiots willing to pay 3 times the worth of the product. Again, he was a marketing genius but that's where it ends. I get the retarded Beatles analogy, it's a HORRIBLE one.

Domo, do me a favor. Shut up. You are just completely misconstruing everything I say. Either you are clueless or just trying to annoy me...

Okay, you think Steve Jobs did absolutely nothing and changed nothing. You think what he did with the Iphone, Pixar, Apple Computers and the fact that with out him personal computers and the mouse would not be what they are today.

Right....

History of Apple
Steve Jobs

Inventer: Steve Jobs
Just...read...
edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

I eye rolled because in 10 years no one is going to remember Steve Jobs.

No, Steve Jobs will be remembered but the internet trolls will be long forgotten; Even the one's trolling on a mac.
edit on 5-10-2011 by whaaa because: d3d code

link   

Well I suppose I was speaking in hyperbole. He will be remembered but comparing Steve Jobs to the Beatles is retarded.

No Domo ....who can't do simple analogies.

Steve Job would be compared to John Lennon!
Apple Computers..... would be the Beatles!

Get it?

NOW we can insert the proper eye roll salute!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
All the BS aside, R.I.P. Steve

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Fanboy? Read the thread buddy. I have said I don't like apple products a few times now... I am a PC guy.... Maybe quit jumping to conclusions and accusing people of being things they are not.

HUGE fanboi. Steve Jobs fanboi.

If you don't like Steve Jobs and don't care that he is dead, then maybe this is not the thread for you. Maybe make one called " Steve Jobs Died: Who cares?" That is a serious suggestion.

I thank you for that serious suggestion. I am going to choose to ignore it for now though.

Steve Jobs invented nothing? His Company did. His company with his help revolutionized the industry....Computers, movies, music and phones alike.

So you just admitted Steve Jobs invented nothing, contradicting yourself. And no, his company didn't really invent anything. You know that the MP3 player was invented in the 70's right? Back when all the Beatles were still kickin'? I might have that wrong I'm not sure when the one got whacked.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join