It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Why not impose new taxes on businesses that send work overseas? Why not give a business an incentive to hire domestic employees? Don't hate on a company for trying to run it in their (and their share holders) best intrests.

I don't hate the company. I hate their actions. Yep, it is in their best interest to make as much money as possible.

Mean while, people here in the US are struggling to get by. Would jump at the chance to work for Apple at minimum wage or even less.

People are going hungry...and quite frankly, stopping outsourcing would help. I say, screw making a bigger profit.

Companies like Apple would still be making a big profit if they brought all their jobs back to the US and even if they paid employees a really good wage.

But the fact is, people would happily take the job at minimum wage and many would take it for less...

I see people suffering.... Big companies are too distracted by the color green to notice... Either that or they just don't care.

So which is it? Are they clueless or do they just not care that their actions are hurting people?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You don't understand international business either.

intrests.

Yes I do. It is rather silly of you to assume such things when at the end of the day, you don't know me. You don't know what I do and you don't even know if I am playing devils advocate or not..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to talk about not understanding, fine. you don't understand that people here in the US are suffering. People in the US would jump at the chance to work these jobs at minimum wage or less because they are sick of going hungry.

You don't understand that Apple and all these other companies were making major profits long before they started outsourcing and they still could.

You don't understand that being greedy and getting distracted by green, will hurt us all in the long run. ( And the hurt has already started)

Now, as I said. We are getting off topic, You need to either move on to your next point or just move on, because this thread needs to get back on topic.
edit on 7-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

You don't understand international business either.

intrests.

Yes I do. It is rather silly of you to assume such things when at the end of the day, you don't know me. ou don't know what I do and you don't even know if I am playing devils advocate or not..

Dude, why do you keep posting off topic replies, then tell me to move on because I'm off topic?

People in the US are suffering, great. There are people suffering much worse in other parts of the world, and like I showed you earlier, there are plenty of people looking for employees.

Again, my point is prove that the bashing of Steve Jobs is uncalled for in this thread. They can do it in the "Steve Jobs is the Devil" thread.

I don't assume anything, my observations are based on what you are saying. If you don't want to come off like you know nothing, then speak with some facts, other than "they hate American workers and are greedy!"

Below is a list of all the bad guys that outsource. Now you can all protest them and never buy or use their products, since they are just capitalist bastards. Might need to get rid of your PC and modem, since it likely came from outsourced slave labour.

www.cnn.com...

It's call Comparative advantage, and is the basis of a capitalist economy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now quit posting about things you don't understand, and stick to offering your condolences to the Jobs family. Since this is so far off topic, and we are not having an intelligent, fact driven discussion, but rather one based on personal views and emotion; I will withdraw from the thread.

RIP Steve Jobs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Again, my point is prove that the bashing of Steve Jobs is uncalled for in this thread. They can do it in the "Steve Jobs is the Devil" thread.

Again, your point is off topic and has nothing to do with anything.Besides, this is my thread.Not yours.It is none of your concern. Let me and the staff worry about it. Okay? Okay.

I don't assume anything, my observations are based on what you are saying. If you don't want to come off like you know nothing, then speak with some facts, other than "they hate American workers and are greedy!"

I have defended the man more than anyone else in this thread... What was that you were saying about not assuming?

Also, I NEVER said they hate Americans or American workers...never quote me with things I never said, again. Thanks.

Yeah, if you are going to ask some one to speak with facts... You might want to lead by example... That said, I have told no lies. I spoke an opinion. Surely, you know the difference between fact and opinion.My opinion being that it is greedy to only care about profit and completely disregard the effect these decisions are having on people in our own country...Unlike you who has now accused me of saying things I did not.

Now quit posting about things you don't understand, and stick to offering your condolences to the Jobs family.

Again, I understand a lot more than you know... You still don't know me or who I am. You still don't know where I work or what company I own and you do not know if I am playing devils advocate or not, so you have no business accusing me of not knowing what I am talking about.

Again with posting and accusing me of things that are untrue? Man, you really should not ask people to speak facts when you are unwilling to do so, yourself.

Since this is so far off topic, and we are not having an intelligent, fact driven discussion, but rather one based on personal views and emotion; I will withdraw from the thread.

Face it, I disagreed with you and you got emotional... Of course if you want to pretend that I am the one getting emotional, be my guest.... But the people of ATS know me and know my skin is far too thick for that.... So. Nice try at attempting to assassinate my character...But people here know me too well and know that your words could not be further from the truth.

You can't handle a simple debate with out getting emotional and running off as soon as some one disagrees....Call it what you like, You lost the debate and now we can get back on topic.

Good bye

Okay, back on track folks.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Okay, to get back on subject ( Sorry it took me so long to get the thread back on topic guys)

I want to make known that while I have been avidly standing up for the man in this thread, bottom line, I really don't care that he is dead. I never bought an apple product myself because they were over priced.

But that is not meant to diminish Steve's impact on the world. Some seem to think that I hate him or that I hate the company for not feeling sad.

Well I don't hate him or the company. I like many others do not like his business practices... But I unlike many others do not dislike the man for his business practices.

I know and understand that business is very dirty. So I do not hold anything against him.

I do have my feelings about things he could or should have done differently, but so does everyone else.

He has made a major impact on his industry and that can not go unrecognized.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
Rest in peace Steve, you fought a hard battle. Pancreatic cancer, even if discovered early, is nearly impossible to overcome.

All bickering aside, it is sad that he had to go this way. I am sure he had the best of the best care and he very well could have died long ago with out it.

I would not wish cancer on anyone. It is a horrible illness... All kinds are... But especially kinds like Pancreatic cancer....

I wish his family and friends well.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I found this very good article on Steve Jobs.

We are less than a few hours away from Moses Steve Jobs descending from Mount Cupertino with tablets of divine wisdom to present to the world. Rumor has it that Our Lord Steve Jobs will be unveiling what he considers to be “…the most important thing I’ve ever done.” That’s some seriously big words coming from the dude who transformed computing from geek ridicule into sexy cool. It’s like hearing Michael Jackson say, “I can dance better.” Really? Is that even possible? How can you best a superlative? I suppose if history is any predictor, The Great Steve Jobs can and will exceed “most best.” Hell, Jobs has created the Apple II, the iMac, the iPod, the iPhone, and has even made being bald a desired alpha male trait. The Almighty Jobs is one bad ass mofo. I cannot wait to see what he pulls out from under the sleeves of his holy techno robe in hell. Your children await…

youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com...

I think Steve Jobs will be one of those remembered as

one of the greatest technological Cult leaders... Like Jim Jones

and followers committed suicide BECAUSE of hails bop comet.

Steve Jobs followers/workers committed suicide BECAUSE of APPLE.

Which I believe Steve Jobs committed suicide by euthanasia and that
is how he timed his death on the day of the iphone 4g+ release date.
What goes around comes around.
edit on 7-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Watching the Colbert Report today, I noticed that he had a very fitting and even some what touching tribute to Steve Jobs.

www.colbertnation.com...

Colbert nailed it. Even right down to the Apple obsessed who just have to have the latest product and they have to have it right now. In a way, I think he touches on a bit of everything everyone has been saying ( Both the good and bad ), so it seems appropriate for this thread.

Fitting and funny tribute.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Actually Steve and his family lived a few blocks from us. Nice home but nothing out of the ordinary for the neighborhood. No splashy 25000 sq. foot mansion etc. Not what people come to expect from someone with several billion to his name..... Just a regular house. They gave out odwalla bars at Halloween and even though it was obvious people would come from far off they were really nice about it.

I have been quite blessed growing up in the Silicon Valley during its infancy. As such I had the oppurtunity to meet many of the people who were responsable for the computing age and the internet. Two of its pioneers I actually got to spend some time with. One was William Hewlett the other was Steve Jobs. I actually got to spend a whole hour talking to him one night. Not in a busy meeting or such but rather one on one. I spent alot of time listening and answered more than a few questions (The worst one was why didnt I own a Mac :lol
. Talked alot about technology and the impact it had one peoples lives. Its one of those moments in life you will never forget.

Like Steve or hate him. Like Apple or hate it. One cannot deny his impact on our day to day lives from the dawn of the personal computer age to the portable music device that is the "walkman" for a new generation.
edit on 10/8/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Actually Steve and his family lived a few blocks from us. Nice home but nothing out of the ordinary for the neighborhood. No splashy 25000 sq. foot mansion etc. Not what people come to expect from someone with several billion to his name..... Just a regular house. They gave out odwalla bars at Halloween and even though it was obvious people would come from far off they were really nice about it.

That is a very interesting insight. Interesting to think he lived in just a regular house. Nice to know that he was living below his means... and from the sound of it, maybe even way below.

Cool. That said I had never heard of Odwalla bars. I looked it up. he gave out protein bars for Halloween? Pft, I would have egged his house as a kid.

Like Steve or hate him. Like Apple or hate it. One cannot deny his impact on our day to day lives from the dawn of the personal computer age to the portable music device that is the "walkman" for a new generation.
edit on 10/8/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

Exactly, and apparently a lot of people are not exactly crazy about him. He had a huge impact on the world, love him or hate him.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The growing memorial in front of Jobs house. I shot this about 1 hour ago on a bike ride with my son.

2011-10-08_16-02-35_305 by cvvhrn, on Flickr

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

That is his house? You weren't kidding. This guy could have been living in a giant mansion. I dig that he was living under his means like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yep, not what you would expect. Zuckerbergs pad is also understated as well.

All of the trees in front are yep. Apples.

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join