It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodd-Frank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that my mortgage company and I are not seeing eye to eye and I have quit making payments, since the beginning of this year. After a while I got a letter from a law firm requiring me to at least reply to their complaints and I did along with some of my own charges and complaints against them or judgement would default to the mortgage company.

Ever since the obligatory reply, I have had no communication whatsoever from any attorney or the mortgage company.

Then today, I receive a packet from the mortgage company with forms and papers informing me about an event and they are inviting me to attend, the Homeowners Assistance Outreach Event. How nice of them. The forms include a request for modification and affidavit(RMA), income statement form, a request for transcript of tax return, monthly household budget forms and the Dodd-Frank Certification.

Then, ironically, I clicked the tube over to CNN to check things out. Newt Gingrich was on talking about the protests and the conversation progressed into mortgages and Newt stated that the Dodd-Frank Act should or will be repealed soon, I did not catch it exactly. But, he obviously has issues with it.

Now, I have not done much research into the Dodd-Frank act, but is the mortgage company up to something?

A couple of the forms I have already filled out and submitted multiple times due to them not being able keep up with them, and is a major contention I have with the mortgage company. There is no mention that I am required to go or not. It just seems like there may be something underhanded possibly going on here. If in fact the Dodd-Frank act is set to be repealed, is the mortgage company trying to sneak something in under the radar? Why are they all of a sudden wanting to help when all pleas in the past have gone ignored and/or rejected?

My initial thoughts on this to the mortgage company is, to little to late. I am inclined to still hold my ground with them and fight or die trying. But, at this point I have no intention of giving this bank another dime.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think that you should look into the dodd frank act.

link

The link is to a summery done by some laywers in pdf format. I suggest that you download it and read at your leasure.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

After reading, I think I have become even more ignorant about it than I was before. This one will take a minute to get my head wrapped around it. But from what I was getting from it, does not look like I get any benefit at all and would just be signing my soul over to the devil.

Have not decided if I want to ignore the packet or fire back another letter stating that until they honor my requests they are not getting anything else from me, except uncooperative hostility.

join