It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Weapons Found!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here's the link:

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=UGWWFA53CYQ5MCRBAE0CFEY?type=topNews&storyID=2521303

They found missiles with mustard gas, and sarin...

Looks pretty legit, but after some of the past "discoveries", I'd take it with the proverbial grain of salt....

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm relieved that some evidence has begun to surface about Saddam's weapons stash. I'm left wondering why these weapons have not been used yet, especially after the threat of using them if coalition forces crossed the "red line" around Baghdad. Surely, if Saddam is still alive, he knows his number is up and he would be desperate by now.

Do you think he may have something else up his sleeve that he's saving for a big finish?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm wondering why Blix never found these. I think he was taking Saddam's word for it that he didn't have any. Not sure why he hasn't launched them other than maybe spec ops got to them first. Its been true in the past that when the President let the military handle things, they did their job but when the pres. tried to micromanage, he screwed up...ie..Clinton and the BlackHawk Down scenario. Maybe they never got the chance to launch them.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Most things durring war are kept secret. Usually the government doesn't release information that could cause panic.

Perhaps they have already attempted to launch WMD. They government may want to tell the people this, but certain things cannot be let out. (they jeopardize the mission)

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah, thats true enough. It may takie years for everything to come out. It just seems so smooth. I'm sure we aren't privy to the real scoop.

dom

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Interesting. I think I'll wait and see if other news organisations pick this up. If it's true then this is at least a token find. I still remain convinced that we're not going to find 10000 litres of anthrax or anything on that scale.

deepwaters - I thought I should just mention that the "red line threat" was just a self-imposed boundary created by the US military at which point they thought there might be a threat from chemical weapons. This wasn't a threat by the Iraqi government, just a coalition constructued boundary on when to ensure that all troops are in biochem suits...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We should wait a bit before calling this the "smoking gun" evidence. Although its good that they found some evidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just heard on the radio, but haven't seen it on news sites yet...

Supposedly, they've also found buried barrels that tested positive for sarin, and about 3 other toxins, deemed to be in "significant" quantities. (after being led there by captured Iraqi soldiers)-Again, no source as of yet...

I chose the NPR source for the missiles, as they tend to be more liberal, so if THEY are reporting it, likely there's something to it, hehe...

dom

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Still not seeing anything on BBC News. But these findings would be significant if they're verifiable and not just the US leaking good soundbites to the media...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah, if NPR is reporting it, it has to be legit. Though, they'll probably report Hillary Clinton went over there and found it. They should be called HCR.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
maybe they will let us have a spoonful each to prove it.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
another possible site...

www.sky.com...

dom

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sky news owned by Rupert Murdoch... not exactly the most liberal source.

But even there they state that the US have found "possible" chemical weapons. They don't report anything about the barrels being found... yet... and they also point out that last Friday's WMD's were actually not WMD's...

I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later though.

FYI, BBC News 24 haven't mentioned it in their headlines at 6PM UK time..

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
After all of the false alarms...they're likely trying to get more verification this time...I don't blame them. But, I think by the end of today, we're likely to see some more positive proof, instead of all these 'ifs'...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
from MSNBC....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There are TV reports now showing the barrels. BBC correspondants showed them hidden in a bunker.
They were surrounded by trip wires and booby trapped.

This means that they could be what the coalition have been looking for or they could just be barrels of explosives waiting for some unsuspecting allied soldier to come along and set them off.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Some proof at last. I wonder why the 'unseen' let the barrels be found. That gives the war more credibility, which means less unrest, less chaos.

Hmm...I may have to think this one over. I am confused at this move. I guess in some peoples eyes, the war is still unjust.

My head hurts, I must take a nap. Carnies smell like cabbage.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.msnbc.com...

Lets hope it isn't another red herring...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If it's all over the news tonight(US central time) then it's probably true. Sounds legit to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
CNN is starting to report on it, just a "breaking news" thing up top of main page right now

www.cnn.com...

<<   2 >>

join