It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Joins George Soros In Supporting “Occupy Wall Street” Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
patdollard.com...

[SNIP] YOU! LOL

Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R) offered support for some of the Occupy Wall Street protests that have built up in lower Manhattan over the weekend in an interview Friday with Reason magazine, where he also denounced the “militarization of our police forces.”

“If they were demonstrating peacefully, and making a point, and arguing our case, and drawing attention to the Fed — I would say, good!” Paul said following a town-hall meeting in New Hampshire.

Paul has long been an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve, which he says manipulates American currency and is excessively secretive.

Paul was asked by Reason about a report from last weekend in which an NYPD officer was caught on camera pepper-spraying protesters.

“I hadn’t heard that, since I have to admit I didn’t keep up on all the details of it,” Paul said. “I didn’t read the stories about it. But that means government doesn’t like to be receiving any criticism at all. And my argument is, government should be in the open — the people’s privacy ought to be protected. So I don’t like it.”

More

Mod Note: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a Commie Hippy???OMG

edit on 5-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The collective cognitive dissonance of many ATS posters begins in 3...2...1

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
wow, Ron Paul and Soros agree on this, Ron Paul must agree with everything Soros says, thank you for pointing this out to us you are just like the mainstream media lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Mr. Paul was very non comittal in his support or didnt you read the quote?
He said if they support going after the fed he approved of it.
In other words he only endorsed the part that coincides with his platform.
Hes already getting the hang of talking in weazle words like all the rest of the forty theives.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
@ the ignorant ones who said this was all about following michael moore and supporting obama...

This. It's about social and economic justice and equity. It's about freedom to voice your disdain.
If you are with the banksters and the bought out government officials and the ultra wealthy, then you are on the wrong side. Time to join up or get out of the way.
edit on 5-10-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Mr. Paul was very non comittal in his support or didnt you read the quote?
He said if they support going after the fed he approved of it.
In other words he only endorsed the part that coincides with his platform.
Hes already getting the hang of talking in weazle words like all the rest of the forty theives.

Weasel words... What do you expect from a watered down version of what our Country needs?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
@ the ignorant ones who said this was all about following michael moore and supporting obama...

This. It's about social and economic justice and equity. It's about freedom to voice your disdain.
If you are with the banksters and the bought out government officials and the ultra wealthy, then you are on the wrong side. Time to join up or get out of the way.
edit on 5-10-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

Here's another classic:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I have the plastic sheeting out to protect my clothing from flying brain matter! It'll be like a Gallagher show!

However, the title is a little misleading; he doesn't appear to be supporting the protests so much as decrying police brutality. Which is good, sure... But, well... he's not going to turn his back on the people most dear to his Ayn Randian little heart; the wealthy elite.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Here we go, I can see this getting nasty in no time.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is us:

Group 1: "It's Obama's fault!"
Group 2: "No, it's Bush's fault!"
Group 3: "No, it's the Feds"
Group 4: "No, it's the banks"
Group 5: "No, it's wall street"
Group 6: "No, Al-Cia-duh, did it"
Everyone together: "huuuuuuuh"?

This is 'them':
ah-hahahahahahahahahahahaha They are AB-SO-LOOT-LY Craaaaaa-zy!

I mean, HELLOOOOOOOOOO??? We cant even get on the same page....and we EXPECT change to 'occur'? What ever happened to the 'terrrorists'? Have we forgotten about them??? (sarcasticly speaking, of course) Seems to me like "the people" are either dazed and confused....or pretty damn stupid!

Besides, Ron Paul is nothing more than Washington D.C.'s, John the Baptist. Stop putting your trust in CARNAL MEN!

Question: What does the government actually DO, besides NOTHING??? What are their job duties and responsibilites? What is the reason for their EXISTANCE? And, who PAYS THEM????

edit on 5-10-2011 by nuttin4U because: question

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It seems to me that Paul hasn't really been keeping up with what has been going on with the protest(s). It was clear from what he said that if they were going a certain way, then they have his blessing...but I'm sure he would bail on them if they were not protesting in a proper, legal manner.

Which is the right way to go. Ron Paul isn't going to jump on the bandwagon of any government or fed protest, even if they are in line with his views, unless they are going about the process in the right way.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

What a stupid,misleading headline..

Even if Ron Paul has a similar stance it doesn't mean he's "Joining or Supporting" Soros..

Thread should be thrown in the hoax forum IMO.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f2520effc14.jpg[/atsimg]

That Ron Paul?

new topics

top topics

join