It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Does anyone believe giants were once real? I do. Aside from all the skeletons that were found, they are also mentioned in the Bible. Just curious on what everyone thinks....

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There was a thread about giants a couple of months ago. If you do an ATS search, you'll find it.

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There does seem to be a body of *evidence* that suggests giants may have once walked the earth from the smithsonain giants to the examples that are dotted round the world.

However, I`m not convinced that the examples that seem to exist constitute a whole race of beings. Until more evidence is uncovered I for one will consider the cases that do exist freaks.

There was a really good thread on this, lots of links etc somewhere but it seems to have disappeared

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As I suggested in the earlier thread: If an entire race of giant beings did exist, there should be archeological evidence to support that.

There sould be artefacts of a larger than average size, tombs, monuments, armour (as the description of Goliath's), cross references in ancient texts and possibly ancient reliefs of giants. Wouldn't an army of giants be of concern to other nations and wouldn't there be some record of battles with giants? Especially if the giants were defeated?

Even the Biblical story of the "Nephilim" does not provide conclusive evidence of a race of giant beings.

I am open minded and will examine all points of view. I've provided several links below for others consideration.

Giants in history metasearch

The Giants of Conneaut

/threads/topic/42001.html]Giants discussion thread

Could there be a connection to Bigfoot?

Possible alien race ?

Did Biblical Giants Build the Circle of the Refaim?

Are Giants Returning to the Holy Land?

Biblical Information of Giants

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
are likely just like the "Giants" of today. Larger than average humans. Remember, we used to be even shorter than we are now...
Can you imagine what someone like Andre the Giant would have seemed like in biblical times? Likely an exaggeration throughout the ages...."why, he was this big!!!"

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The San Franscisco Giants

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
there were once 9 foot tall hominids, *shrugs* dont think that's what you're looking for though

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I started the giant thread, and we've been through some of this before - read the other one before you go making the same statements.
Giantism is not the same as being a giant - its an abnormality. And it results in an early death. Large people don't perform feats of amazing strength, either, as giants are purported to have done.

DEEPWATERS and CASSINI:
I've come across loads of articles and books discussing giant artifacts, tombs, massive skeletons(9 feet and larger) and the like. Will you take my word for it, or do you want me to post a bibliography of all my sources? If you want me to, just say so.

onward and upward

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
are likely just like the "Giants" of today. Larger than average humans. Remember, we used to be even shorter than we are now... Can you imagine what someone like Andre the Giant would have seemed like in biblical times? Likely an exaggeration throughout the ages...."why, he was this big!!!" Posted by Gazrok

Very true. As an example, assume an average height of around 5 feet for an average European male just say 500 years ago (and most giant legends are much older than that). To such a person, the 7'6"+ of Yao Ming would deffinitely qualify as a giant!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
"I've come across loads of articles and books discussing giant artifacts, tombs, massive skeletons(9 feet and larger) and the like. Will you take my word for it, or do you want me to post a bibliography of all my sources? If you want me to, just say so."

wannabe, sorry I hardly ever just take someones word for it. I have seen lots written and lots on the web about this but I personally don`t think there is enough evidence to say a whole race of giants existed.

However I`m open on this and could be convinced otherwise

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
fair enough. be patient and I'll have it up in a day or 2.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
we were only five feet, then at our beggining, we could have been dwarvish, 3 to 4 feet, which leads me to this. greys could be this missing link. do you think some weird genetical crossbreeding between primates and homsapiens was what made us human? are we really half space man? who knows? i'm hungry.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just look up things like: Vril Power/ Anything Subterranean/ The Hermatic Order of the Golden Dawn/ The Order of the Oriental Templars/ and one Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (AKA) Madam Blavatsky.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
we were only five feet, then at our beggining, we could have been dwarvish, 3 to 4 feet Posted by Phoenix Cross

Actually, the earliest hominid, Australopithicus Afarensis, was about 4'8" when found by the Leakys in Tanzania. Granted, that is smaller than our current average height, but it is still in the range for known occuring human parameters.

top topics

join