It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush-type Christians out of CONTROL!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Army Chaplain withholds Aid from Soldiers
(Unless they Agree to Baptism)

CAMP BUSHMASTER, Iraq - In this dry desert world near Najaf, where the Army V Corps combat support system sprawls across miles of scabrous dust, there's an oasis of sorts: a 500-gallon pool of pristine, cool water.

It belongs to Army chaplain Josh Llano of Houston, who sees the water shortage, which has kept thousands of filthy soldiers from bathing for weeks, as an opportunity.

''It's simple. They want water. I have it, as long as they agree to get baptized,'' he said...

Earlier this week, word went out that portable showers might be installed here soon, but Llano was undaunted.

''There is no fruit out here, and I have a stash of raisins, juice boxes and fruit rolls to pull out,'' the chaplain said optimistically.

www.miami.com...

Remember the Spanish Inquisition? Jews who accepted Christ would be spared death. So, if you are a desperately thirsty Jewish soldier, do you have to accept Christ to get a juice box from this "man of God"?

I don't know what fries my toast more, that he's holding water from our fighting men and women, or that he's extorting them with that water, or that he thinks he's doing God's work by his actions. Can we get this guy pulled from the front lines? This is just unconscionable. Apalling. Barbaric. And he's doing this to OUR men and women. In the name of God. Somehow, I don't think God would be so pleased.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Soldiers Facing Death Asked to Pray For Bush

"They may be the ones facing danger on the battlefield, but US soldiers in Iraq are being asked to pray for President George W Bush.

Thousands of marines have been given a pamphlet called "A Christian's Duty," a mini prayer book which includes a tear-out section to be mailed to the White House pledging the soldier who sends it in has been praying for Bush.

"I have committed to pray for you, your family, your staff and our troops during this time of uncertainty and tumult. May God's peace be your guide," says the pledge, according to a journalist embedded with coalition forces.

The pamphlet, produced by a group called In Touch Ministries, offers a daily prayer to be made for the US president, a born-again Christian who likes to invoke his God in speeches.

Sunday's is "Pray that the President and his advisers will seek God and his wisdom daily and not rely on their own understanding".

Monday's reads 'Pray that the President and his advisers will be strong and courageous to do what is right regardless of critics.'" --abc, 03.30.03

www.abc.net.au...

Wrath of God or his blessings on the actions Mr. Bush has put into play.....you tell me!?!?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wow, that's insane.....
Getting baptized doesn't make you a Christian anymore than saying "E=MC2" makes you an expert on the theory of relativity and all that stuff. I bet the troops over there don't think too highly of that chaplain.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The stamping of the 'operation Iraqi freedom' emblem on the cover of the troops Bibles is pretty distasteful too. I doubt putting any kind of military related symbol on the front of a Bible would go down well with the man upstairs...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Conservative fundamentalists with close ties to President Bush are planning a new missionary push in Iraq -- and they might already be converting U.S. troops to their cause.
Max Blumenthal

Even before victory has been formally declared, In Touch is just one phalanx in an army of Christian soldiers who see Muslim Iraq as an extraordinary new marketplace for their theology. Already, churches and ministries on the religious right are poised to send in missionaries and to amp up broadcasts to the region. Like advance troops before the invasion, some U.S. military officials in Iraq have already staked out the country as a natural place to spread the Christian Gospel.

Officially, the Bush administration has taken no position on the campaign for converts. But foreign policy experts -- and even some moderate Christian groups -- are already warning that efforts by the conservative Christians to capitalize on the fall of Saddam could inject a decidedly religious tone into Bush's stated plan to democratize Iraq. And unless the administration takes a strong stand against that campaign, some say, the missionaries may provoke a deep, damaging backlash there and throughout the Muslim world.

www.salon.com...

The Bush Regime is as likely to take a strong stand against Christianist fundie fanatics as Osama bin Laden is to take a strong stand against Islamist fundie fanatics. No matter how many more Americans will be killed by his pandering.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
" the country as a natural place to spread the Christian Gospel. "

Well, the muslims are already spreading their faith in Europe, North-America and all around the world.

I don't understand why the Christians can't act like them. They can spread their faith ? Good,so, we can do it too !

My teacher daughter asked me what kind of faith my daughter had to follow at school. She gave me 3 choices :

1) Christians.
2) Jews.
3) Muslims.

Europe is a Judeo-Christian soil, not a muslim one. If the muslims can have their Musquee on a Christian soil, then,Christians can have their Chruch on a Muslim soil.

What's the problem ???????????????????

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Good on you Ultra Phoenix! Equal time I say!

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by troylawson
Good on you Ultra Phoenix! Equal time I say!

EXACTELY !!!

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The problem is that the country has been conquered by the US. Now we're coming in to push our main faith on them.

Imagine the turnaround situation -- that Belgium was conquered by the Japanese and that you knew they would be sending aid workers -- but all the aid workers were Shintoists and the main goal of their being there was to convert you and others to their religion of Shintoism. Their offers to help you rebuild come with lots and lots of classes and teachings and missionaries who lecture you constantly on Shintoism.

Now... how would you feel about that?

The Muslims are starting to get a bit testy over the idea.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
...oh... the European influx of Islam was due to voluntary immigration -- not them conquering you guys.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
B-T, it would only make sense that you'd pray this: "Pray that the President and his advisers will seek God and his wisdom daily and not rely on their own understanding" if your life depends on the decisions of your leadership. You'd want a leader that is sensitive to the will of God rather than polls and public opinion, not to mention personal crisis when it comes to using the military.
You seem to get highly agitated about anything conservative or Christian. What gives? It built a great country for the liberals to destroy, and if the world continues, the same group will build another one so that the other same group can destroy it yet again!

As far as the chaplain holding water as leverage, if this is true, I'm sure that command would stop it once they got wind. How inciting!! I suppose he'll go home and bragg he brought hundreds of soldiers to God when he really just made folks go through motions so they'd get to enjoy a bit of water. Besides, baptism isn't necessary for salvation if it isn't available, remember the thief on the cross? Did the Romans lets him down to get dunked? Yet Christ still said that the thief would be with Him in Paradise that day.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And, as far as the Muslim nations getting antsy about the Gospel being spread, they spend alot of money propagating their message around the world, including here in North America. A bit hipocritical, aren't they?

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
take a look at that one

www.digitalf8.com...

it's really getting out of control

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...oh... the European influx of Islam was due to voluntary immigration -- not them conquering you guys.

Yeah, sure....I " like " this word : " voluntary ".

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My problem with this is that Bush is not christian. Just like sandman said, getting baptizes dosen't make you christian and merly saying that your christian dosn't mean that you are one either.

Actions speak louder than words.

BUSH IS PART OF A CULT THAT USES THE REMAINS OF A DEAD NATIVE LEADER TO PREFOM RITUALS!!!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

That dosen't sound christian to me. He's just using religion as a tools to sway the public. I think it was Marx that said that religion is the opuim for the masses. This is a perfect example of that statement. This is the crusades all over again

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow, umm... withholding WATER in exchange for forced baptism is real Christian like. This is dangerous behavior who thinks they can act like that in their right minds? The object is that you get baptised under your own will.

I wonder if he'll get fragged 'cause that just has to be pissing off the soldiers...

Also what's with the prayer guides....

Monday's reads 'Pray that the President and his advisers will be strong and courageous to do what is right regardless of critics.'" --abc, 03.30.03

REGARDLESS OF CRITICS!!!!????

~yeah, just close your mind, GOD is gonna take care of everything. That's it, don't care, don't think about it, GOD is helping the president. Don't listen to the critics, they're wrong. ~

This is actually somewhat frightening...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am Catholic, and folks in the office are wondering why I took Friday off. So what. They don't know the aspects of my faith, & I'm fine with that.
Allowing preaching as part of US doctrine in a part of the world where fundametal gets one killed, is idiotic, short sighted and potentially catostrophic......par for the course of this pResident.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Yeah, sure....I " like " this word : " voluntary ".

Explain? I thought that the Muslims were refugees and immigrants who were granted the right to stay in these countries -- as opposed to an army that marched in, took down the government, and settled in.

I thought I was at least partly aware of European history (having lived in Germany for awhile)... I didn't see any Muslim armies rampaging around the place.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Explain? I thought that the Muslims were refugees and immigrants who were granted the right to stay in these countries -- as opposed to an army that marched in, took down the government, and settled in.

I thought I was at least partly aware of European history (having lived in Germany for awhile)... I didn't see any Muslim armies rampaging around the place.

It's a new game byrd ? Of course they didn't overrun Europe with an army ( some century ago, yes, they did it ). But there is 2 kind of invasion. The hard one, with an army, and the soft one, with immigration.

Our so-called leaders are playing a strange game. First, they promote abortion, condom and many other anti-live technique. And after, they tell us that our demography curves are going down, so we need immigration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, there is 2 kind of immigration.The good one, where ONLY smart and skilled peoples are allowed to stay.These peoples will integrate their new society and the show will go on....

But they ( our " dears leaders " ) chosed the bad immigration. Only a few are smart and skilled peoples. But the vast majority is made up with low IQ peoples, completely retrogrades, stupids and who don't want to integrate their new society !

Immigration, YES. Bad immigration, NO ! What would you say if I was going to the States, and once there, I was telling you that you have to learn my language, my culture and my religion ????????????????? Tell me Byrd, what would you say ???????????????

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, UP, I live in Texas, which is on the border of Mexico. We have a lot of Mexican immigrants (some legal, some illegal) and a lot of them don't speak English. Many, if not most, are completely uneducated and work in menial jobs (dishwasher, housekeeper, lawn mowing, etc.)

So, you see, I am in that situation. So is the whole state of Texas and California and New Mexico and Arizona. And yes, we have drugs ang gangs and all brought in from Mexico. We pay to school their children.

How do I feel about it? Well, I've learned some Spanish, and like many people here, I'm glad that they do take the low-level jobs (like mowing my lawn) that most Americans don't want to do. Most of these immigrants are good citizens in that they pay taxes and stay out of trouble.

And I still say there's quite a difference between the current situation and a parallel one of Mexicans suddenly overrunning the country and pushing Catholicism on all of us by forcing us to accept aid only from Catholic organizations who wish only to convert us to that religion.

I hadn't heard of Muslims going door-to-door to convert anyone in Europe... am i behind the times, then? I thought the recruiting was done mainly in the same sorts of ministries that the Christians do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join