It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiocy at it's finest in a bad neighborhood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So, yes, I have a bad habit of smoking. About an hour ago, I run over to my local Circle K to grab some cigs. I get out of my car and see there is a sign on the door. It says, cash only. No problem as I don't use anything but cash. The door is locked and there is a line waiting.

I'm thinking, they should have put, cash only, rob me on the sign. This is not the best neighborhood, and a local phone store got robbed last week just after I left it by a guy behind me in line.

So I debate calling 911 because of the cash only sign and the door being locked.

What would you have done?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Was the store getting robbed?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What would I do? Nothing. I would stand in line and wait like everyone else. Or if I was not comfortable I would have left.... that's it.

If you are thinking about calling 911 because they have a cash only sign and there is a line out front, you might get in trouble for wrongful use of 911...

and then you will join the ranks of these people....

Note: I reserve the right to laugh at you if you call 911
edit on 2-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

this thread is an hour late and 2 packs short of a carton

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

No, finally the guy came to the door, and when I told him I was worried that they might be getting robbed because of the cash only sign, he walked over and took the sign down. He even commented it was a stupid thing to do.

I said you might have added will open back up in five minutes.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You are right. The sign was not an emergency. The fact that the door was locked after it was put up, seemed pretty darn scary though.

Like I say, it should have also included rob me.

The guy in the store was in the back taking a dump or something, but geez, if you are going to advertise you have a lot of cash in a bad neighborhood...........LOL, put a sign up that says back in five minutes or something!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I see no reason to have suspected a robbery.

Is that uncommon where you are? it is common here because I also live in a bad area. hell, there are lots here that are closed on the inside at night, you walk up to this bullet proof glass covered window and you speak to the guy through a small hole. He goes and gets what you want and slips it to you through a small drawer, after you pay.

edit on 2-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by supine

this thread is an hour late and 2 packs short of a carton

I'm new. It took me an hour to figure out how to start a thread. Hence I didn't post it in "breaking news!~" LOL!!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Not in this neighborhood. We are talking downtown Phoenix. After about 10 PM you have to use a little drawer to purchase things. This was around 7:30 here, and the place is never shut this early. I go there all the time, so this was odd.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

ah, ok fair enough. Yeah, the guy was probably in the back taking the browns to the superbowl or something.

I have seen this happen a few times. I go up to the convenient store down the street from me and the doors will be locked and no one is inside that I can see... about 10 minutes later you see the guy coming out of the bathroom.

Which is all the more reason I would have laughed if you called the cops... I mean... they might have raided the place only to find the guy on the crapper.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by WhoDat09

No, finally the guy came to the door, and when I told him I was worried that they might be getting robbed because of the cash only sign, he walked over and took the sign down. He even commented it was a stupid thing to do.

I said you might have added will open back up in five minutes.

LOL so good thing you didn't call 911!! I think he would have had something else on the sign with the cash only too!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Yeah wouldn't that have been something! LOL, well there was a guy delivering fresh donuts so the coppers would have been thrilled!

I guess I visit this place too often. The people who work there are really nice, and I didn't want any of them to be in harms way. I did have my phone in my hand ready to call just as he was walking out.......

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I live on the boarder of Detroit. I happend to walk up to the door of a local gas station as it was getting robbed. As I approached the door I saw 3 guys with ski masks and shotguns. I turned around and got the hell out of there. I drove back by 20 minutes later and the cops had the robbers.

new topics

top topics

join