It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The occupation spreads across the country: Protests against corporate America start in Los Angeles,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The occupation spreads across the country: Protests against corporate America start in Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Seattle Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

The protests against corporate America, which began in New York City two weeks ago, have spread across the country, with demonstrations occurring in Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Seattle.

Sparked by the Occupy Wall Street movement, which has seen thousands of protesters camped out in New York's Financial District for the past fortnight, mass gatherings have started nationwide, with the unified purpose of voicing anger at the U.S. banking and political systems.

The anti-corporate protest in New York City entered its fifteenth day today, as the city's residents began to increa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Daily Mail is portraying this whole thing in a positive light from what I can tell.

The daily mail is reknowned for printing BS but anyway, moving on, I am very pleased to see this article by the Daily Mail because it means that lots of different people are gonna see this story. It is said that morons read the daily mail but morons are people, much like us.

Let's hope the morons join the revolution...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You know the sad thing is, not enough of your average people are going to join them. So it will pretty much run out of steam. Shame too, cause now is peoples chance to maybe actually change something.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

just checked the local news...there is even a protest in my home town Napa ..occupy Napa super sweet and across from wells fargo!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

LOL, awesome. Go join them when you have a spare hour or two.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

We don't know that yet.

However, I feel you're probably right.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

was only scheduled to last til 9 am today... however if its still going i know where i am spending at least 1 hour a day til its over...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have one happening in my city on Tuesday.I'm going to be there!!!
It is spreading like wildfire and becoming more focused .
Check out the site and the list of cities,it's growing.
www.occupytogether.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

W
W, excellent. I am so glad this movement is gaining momentum. All the best out there dude, I am with you, I am ready for any UK protests that occur in my vicinity.

Thank you for the info man.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What I fear the most is that when the protests get big and violent enough, it will be used as an excuse to establish a full-fledged police state, which will only worsen everything. There is a good reason why the police has been trained to act very harsh and unjustly to the protesters. They are being used as the tools to provoke violence IMO and they probably don't even realize that they are literally screwing themselves over in the end.
If you join the protests, PLEASE REMAIN PEACEFUL! Even when emotions start to run high and some cops act like complete A-holes.

IT--
edit on 2-10-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have just collected my uniforms from 24 years of service to a company that just dumped me like I was a piece of sh!t.
I am starting a bon fire as I type this.
I am burning that big pile of uniforms.
Leaving it all behind and starting anew.

edit on 2-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that
Care to enlighten us on what happened?

IT--

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Can i ask a simple question: HOW IS THIS GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING? When this thing ends...NOTHING will have been accomplished. The only thing, i see happening....is TOTAL FAILURE! The protesters' screams and yells are falling on def ears. You really want to make some noise.....take your money out of the banks.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Yes.
It's simple.
Lack of work.
Locally ,our field employees went from 20 to 4.
My company's focus is on the stockholders and profits.
No loyalty at all.
If you don't play their game,lie and cheat the customers,you are history.
Sorry,but I was brought up to be ethical and truthful.
I would rather live off the land then have to go against what is right.
Plain and simple.
And,to tell you the truth,I am doing alot better then I was before.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh man my town has one too, I want in on this.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My message I tend to focus on is corporate greed and the lack of ethics.
Just how much wealth can one accumulate before you have enough?

A snippet of my company.

High emphasis on short term gains/profits. Sacrificing premium service to meet business targets. Many in management lacked leadership qualities.

Remember that it is the front line employees and middle management who gives you the result. Headcount reduction should be implemented fairly across the board. Close to 100% of bottom line employees performs (because those who does not gets 'chopped') but how many percent at the top really performs?

The management cares for very little beyond making profit, thus low-level supervisors are hand-cuffed by inadequate resources. Often found myself stretching the truth with customers to keep them happy.

Stop focusing on the all-consuming desire for a profitable bottom line and concentrate on providing the best service, like we tell our customers we do. Then customers will be happy and come back to us. You can justify charging premium prices when you're offering a premium service.

The workers ARE the product.
You get rid of the workers,there is no product left!

My former company's presidents pay.

Salary $535,000 Bonus $705,000 Total Annual Compensation $1,240,000 STOCK OPTIONS* Restricted Stock Awards $1,937,742 All Other Compensation $173,829 Exercised Options 22,000 Exercised Options Value $975,260 Exercisable Options 101,600 Exercisable Options Value $3,133,785 Unexercisable Options 180,100 Unexercisable Options Value $2,538,781 Total Value of Options $6,647,826 Total Number of Options 303,700 TOTAL COMPENSATION* Total Annual Cash Compensation $1,558,452 Total Short Term Compensation $1,240,000 Other Long Term Compensation $2,111,571 Total Calculated Compensation $5,215,94

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Now,do you see how they are tied together?
The president of a company gets a large chunk of change from the stocks.
So ,the he is driven by the stockholders,not by what the company does or offers.
They are blinded by money to perform no matter what!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Yes, I see. I worked for a company a few years ago that worked much the same. It was owned by some chinese consortium and the workforce hadn't had a payrise for ten years, meanwhile the shareholders were milking it for all it was worth. I left in 2008 and the place closed down a year later, all the machinery was shipped off to China and around 200 people lost their jobs. I expect they kept the clients and make the products for a fraction of the price in China.

This is what happens when foreign investors own businesses in your country.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I guess the movement cant be ignored by the msn any lonfer.Boo hoo.Sometimes protwsting does spur change.Back in the early 80's we had a protest march against the opening of the Shoreham nuclear plant on Long Island.Yes the fools built a nuclear plant on a island.The plant didnt open but the taxpayers had to pay the bill for its construction.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Another link for occupy.
occupymanifesto.proboards.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join