It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA use LINUX !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Do you work to run your cpu under the official NSA-Linux Release ? download freely the NSA-SELinux Kernel :

SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux)

www.nsa.gov...]
www.nsa.gov...]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at all.......... I read (can't remember where on the net) that the Australian gov stopped using MS Windows because of the mysterious behavior where Microsoft was sending encrypted message back to their headquarters......... after the Aussie's tried to review the data going back they couldn't figure it out and MS wouldn't say what it was........... I think it was a few other govs that did the same thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
yeah, no big surprise there. I believe some of the newer supercomputers use Sun ...although I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
currently run on eith UNIX or LINUX... Windows is too unstable for their programs. In other words, even Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer's software is UNIX based. Sure, these businesses use Windows apps and machines, etc. but not to actually run their business. The company I work for has one that runs on either LINUX, or Windows, but we're currently espousing the LINUX version as it's easier (and cheaper) to customize.

Of course, that said, I wouldn't want it as my home system...too many compatibility problems....but if all it does is run custom software, as you can bet the NSA's does, it makes it easier to customize, and probably easier to secure....

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Go here;

news.netcraft.com...

Scroll down to the web surver survey. That blue line is Linux. The rest are, well, the rest.

Something to know if you are considering going into the IT industry.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
what do you think is in those things that say
"sending error report" for IE

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
this linux/unix Scurity Enhanced Kernel for your system...

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I find it hilarious that the government got beat at their own game. Microsoft was leagly taking any info they wanted from the computers, just like the government does illegaly with ours. Microsoft outsmarted the government for a little. ha ha ha

Now wonder why bill gates is rich as hell, and all governments have so much debt. I think bill gates should run for president.

top topics

join