It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS site freezing up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have been having this problem for about a week now. I will be checking threads and the site will freeze up, not allowing me to move. I am able to exit the site. When I come back in it seems fine.
This does not happen all the time, but at least a couple times a day. I have a new computer and I am not having this issue with any other sites that I visit.
I mention this now because another member said they were having what sounds to be the same problem.

Thank you,
All have a good day.
Stay alert and prepared.

Crappiekat

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know it sounds like the standard "IT guy" line, but somehow I think the problem is at "your end". I've been here for a coupla months now and if their site or parts of it "go down", it is quite visible without crashing or freezing computers. If a PC freezes its a PC problem, if the site says "we are experiencing technical difficulties" then its probably just that. Have you updated your browser, plugins. antivirus, OS (operating system, not official story!) recently? I'm trying to help. not ridicule, just in case...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Appreciate the reply. I just got a brand new computer. My old one was very slow and unreliable. I'll just keep an eye on it. Funny though, it doesn't happen when I'm visiting any other sites.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You're welcome. If it makes you feel any better, I'm on an 11 year old PC with a video card whose ventilator doesn't work anymore. I'm used to slow, crashes and lots of heat in the wrong places. I need to upgrade too but money is non-existent so I have to wait. The only "problem" I've had with ATS was a site problem. I think some hard disks in a server were bad a week or two ago and if you clicked on a thread it gave you a warning page. No site freeze, just temporarily unavailable. It didn't last long though, they had it back up very quickly (kudos to the server admins!).

The only thing that might help (but I realise your eyes could be glazing over already, computers are boring things to talk about) is to try and pinpoint what the problem is. I mean, you mention being able to log back out again which seems to indicate that the site still works and so does your browser. If you had been previously watching lotsa youtube stuff, perhaps the Flash plugin seized up. For Java apps, maybe a newer version of Java is available. (I hate Java and got rid of it so Java sites don't work at all here) Its probably not much help and diagnosing problems remotely is always hard but I would start to look in those areas first if things get worse.

Good luck with yer nice shiny new PC too.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank you Lightspeed. We have a friend coming over tomorrow to take a look see. I'll mention your suggestions.

Have a good nite.

Oh yea, I'm having a ball flying around the net.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So I am wondering what the h*** is going on this morning, I am unable to stay logged in, everytime I log in, I get immediately kicked back off logged off, and this has gone on numerous times, I lost count.

Then, when I am in here, ATS is excruciatingly slow for me, and freezing up.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Saucerwench because: edit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Recently I've been having trouble with pages not loading completely. I'll get the menu bar at the top and the blue wallpaper but nothing else. I turned my pop-up blocker on and that seems to help, but when I linked to this forum the list of threads did not load completely.

I probably have a computer issue of some sort at my end, but I just thought I'd throw my recent experience into this thread.

new topics

top topics

join