It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC governor recommends suspending democracy to focus on jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Suspending the constitution?
Isn't like like a coupd'etat?
Like they do in questionable regimes around the world?

That's worse than scary in my opinion.
Elected officials are the employees of the citizens.....they maybe need a reminder.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
MABUS Quatrain:

Mabus then will soon die, there will come
A horrible undoing of people and animals:
At once vengeance one will see vengeance,
One hundred hands, thirst, famine, when the comet will run.

MABUS=
-Mexico
-Australia
-Britain
-US

"One Hundred Hands"

King Henry the VIII standardized the "Hand" measurement during Nostradamus time as 4 inches.
So 4 inches times 100 hands = 400 inches.

That's how much Ash will cover the Grain Belt in the midwest of the US after ole YellowStone pops her cork.

What the North Carolina Governor wishes to do is an end of Times action.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Now couple what the NC governor said with this from obama

source

"The idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. I promise you, not just on immigration reform. But that's not how our system works. That's not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written," Obama said at the National Council of La Raza's annual conference.

So, obama said back then it's not how the constitution works, but with all his current troubles and tough election fight, who knows how obama feels about the temptation now.

A worrisome pattern seems to be developing ...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Suspending the constitution?
Isn't like like a coupd'etat?
Like they do in questionable regimes around the world?

That's worse than scary in my opinion.
Elected officials are the employees of the citizens.....they maybe need a reminder.

Then there's the other issue that the NC Governor's plan would keep in place the people that have already proven they can't get anything done.

That's the part that makes me wonder about the coup angle, since that would serve the function of saving a bunch of democrat seats in the house and senate.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Now couple what the NC governor said with this from obama

source

"The idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. I promise you, not just on immigration reform. But that's not how our system works. That's not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written," Obama said at the National Council of La Raza's annual conference.

So, obama said back then it's not how the constitution works, but with all his current troubles and tough election fight, who knows how obama feels about the temptation now.

A worrisome pattern seems to be developing ...

Well at least President Obama knows what the constitution is. More than can be said of the Leader of his opposition

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How about letting them get voted out of office for making the wrong decision that does not improve our condition. We shouldn't have to pander to politicians willpower to do the right thing. Last time I checked, being a politician is a privilege and you do it for a period of time and go home. How about we set a limit on how many terms a congressman has so that the politicians do not worry about reelection and worry more about doing what they can for the brief period they are in office.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

No, that only and exactly means he said he knew what it meant back when he made that speech. It doesn't say what he knows now or intends to do - now that so much has changed from back in obama's "glory days".

This will be a shock to you, but obama also has quite a track record of saying/promising one thing and then either not delivering on his promises or doing something else entirely. So, hard to tell - no real evidence has been provided - if obama really believes in the constitution, or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Phoenix

*Sigh*
Then replace democracy with representative republic.

Same thing applies. They are trying to circumvent the form of government that we currently have.

I keep going back to that idea that we are a Democratic Republic, not a full on Democracy.

The USA is a Constitutional Republic. Get an education.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Phoenix

*Sigh*
Then replace democracy with representative republic.

Same thing applies. They are trying to circumvent the form of government that we currently have.

I keep going back to that idea that we are a Democratic Republic, not a full on Democracy.

The USA is a Constitutional Republic. Get an education.

Such hostility from a bringer of corrections.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It exposes what Democrats really are underneath their facade.

Essentially, they hate freedom that doesn't have them at the top in full control.
edit on 29-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have begin to notice that whenever it looks like that the TPTB is about shift their support from one of our supposed "political parties."one of them pops up and proposes to suspend an election in order to show off their fascist credentials.Bread and circuses,folks bread and circuses.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just wanted to put this notion of a suspended 2012 election back in the limelight. Consider how tensions are heating up in the race for the GOP nomination. The partisan rhetoric is greater now than ever before. Tensions are rising in the MIddle East and in Africa. Obama is poking at Catholics. The Occupy movement is refocusing its efforts on the GOP rather than Wall Street.

This possibility of a suspended election makes more sense now than ever. It would give Obama just enough time to keep railroading this nation into to the gutter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join