It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and the Church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think the biggest lie told to mankind is the lie against Reincarnation.

I think the Church tried to destroy any notion of reincarnation in the Bible. This one lie gave them great power. Instead of men and women controlling their lives through Karma and trying to attain perfection in this life or live a better life in this life in order to grow in the next life.

Think about the power this one lie gave the Church. If you say you have the keys to Heaven and you have control over the souls of men and women, that's a powerful thing. This lie has started wars and ruined lives.

Even some Orthodox Jews still believe in Reincarnation.

www.aish.com...

Look at this verse from the Bible:

John 9: 1-2

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, THIS MAN, or his parents, that he was BORN BLIND?

I think they didn't or couldn't hide everything. The disciples clearly believed the doctrine of Reincarnation. How could the man sin if he was Born Blind? He could only have sinned in a past life.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

i would get bored in heaven. think about it. just sit there with god forever and ever and ever and ever. what iff all my friends went to hell. i wouldnt have anyone to chillout with. reincarnation logically sounds more plausible because we humans arent special. animals and insects need a place to go if there is an after life then only reincarnation could fit. and this is IF there isnt any form of an after life

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Very true. Everyone wonders why the world is a mess spiritually. This is a good example of why. The doctrine of reincarnation has been suppressed by the "Church" for centuries. Early Christians, namely Origen, believed reincarnation to be true, yet, after 325 A.D, i.e Council of Nicea, the whole idea was suppressed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

There is more scientific evidence for reincarnation than there is for a heaven or hell. For all of recorded history young children have spoken of previous lives with names and places that could be confirmed. The University of Virginia is one institution currently doing an academic study of this phenomena.

www.youtube.com.../search/0/YLKT5UsKoqM

I do not think it's coincidental that our three major monotheistic religions do not teach reincarnation. Reincarnation is bad for business.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
No wonder reincarnation was played down by the early church . The only way they could keep people suppressed was by way of the threat of eternal damnation . The church realised that if the people no longer fear the "afterlife" then they would no longer have such a controling hold over said people . Today , I'm so glad to say , that people are a lot more free thinking , hence the churches are almost empty .

Organised religion is the biggest con in mankinds history and yet it still goes unpunished .......for now .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There is a reason they call it the Karmic Wheel, however it is more like a spiral of our spiritual evolution. Who really knows though how many lifes it takes to get to the center of (a tootsiepop) :-) or when you achieve "Ascended Master" status.

A Melchizedek supposedly is an enlightened spirit that has transversed all 144 dimensions....Really there are that many dimensions? Then after that do you go into Ascended Master Apprenticeship Program???? I mean really how does it work?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That is one of the first reasons why I separated myself from the church. I was raised in a church going family, sunday school, say prayers before bed type of environment, but as I got to the age where I questioned, and could research for myself, I found my personal belief system always tilted towards reincarnation, and does even more so now. That of course, directly conflicts with the main storyline behind Christianity. I also quickly lost respect for all the followers who had never questioned reincarnation, and instead would reply that the church says it isn't so, and whom am I to question the church.

The church teaches you to not question, but instead to follow rules you have been told you must follow. Well, we have brains for a reason, and curiosity and wanting to seek knowledge is a trait of mankind. I simply cannot conform to something which tells you not to question, not to think outside their invisible lines which they created, and threatens eternity in hell for thinking outside the box, and using our brains in a completely natural way in which we were meant to use them.
edit on 26-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I recently watched a documentary where a guy was kicked out of his church for asking where was Jesus between the years of 12 to 29 years. None of the priests know....it is omitted from the bible. Then he based is whole life to find out the answer to that question.

When Jesus was about 12...maybe 13 that is when boys were supposed to take a wife...His fame of being an exceptional learned child was well known...The elites wanted him to marry their daughters to the point of harrassing his family. Jesus...being Jesus, decided to leave with a small group to India on the old silk trail. It takes about a year to get there.

Anyway, supposedly Jesus studied Buddhism and stayed with the Tibetan Monks for many years. They have records and account of it. They called him Issa!
edit on 26-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

When God and Satan were meeting after Satan killed Job's children, here is what was said:

3 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

Satan is a snake. It sheds its skin, but he snake is the same. Satan was using what appears to be a common saying. He was suggesting to God that it was no problem for Him. God could bring them back to Job. This is what happened in at the end of the story.

Most people will refute Reincarnation with Hebrews 9:27. What they fail to do is mention that Hebrews 9:28 states the purpose of verse 27. To understand this, you need to consider that a final judgment at then end of days implies other judgments coming before. The entire Bible is written to all mankind and to all generations. We are the generations.

Hebrews 9

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Yes. And where do we wait and what are we waiting for? Will all 7 billion souls see Jesus when He comes? We reach 7 billion this year.

28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Who is waiting and where are we waiting?

And then there is Jesus Himself in John 3. "You must be born again." It's not an option.

edit on 26-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
There is a reason they call it the Karmic Wheel, however it is more like a spiral of our spiritual evolution. Who really knows though how many lifes it takes to get to the center of (a tootsiepop) :-) or when you achieve "Ascended Master" status.

A Melchizedek supposedly is an enlightened spirit that has transversed all 144 dimensions....Really there are that many dimensions? Then after that do you go into Ascended Master Apprenticeship Program???? I mean really how does it work?

The ascended master thing is directly from Theosophy. Don't buy it. Alister Crowley was a Satanist and he inverted the truth. Theosophy follows this pattern.

Crowley said, "Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7

Compare them. Magic is the inversion of truth to illusion. Crowley is inverting truth where it reflects. This is a trick. Follow the path to the ascended masters and you see the Seventh Ray. Follow the Seventh Ray and you get Bailey, Crowley and Blavatsky. These are evil people who invert truth.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the light. There is no higher name.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Do you know Krishnamurti...enlightened master. He was a beggar child in the street. The then head of the Theosophical society adopted him. He grew up learning the secrets of the ancients. He then became president of the Chapter..I believe. Then all at once he left and just started speaking in public on his own. He did know all the sacred knowledge. However, he no longer felt comfortable in the Theosophical society...probably about the time Crowley showed up....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Do you know Krishnamurti...enlightened master. He was a beggar child in the street. The then head of the Theosophical society adopted him. He grew up learning the secrets of the ancients. He then became president of the Chapter..I believe. Then all at once he left and just started speaking in public on his own. He did know all the sacred knowledge. However, he no longer felt comfortable in the Theosophical society...probably about the time Crowley showed up....

Just the kind of story I like to read about. I did watch a video of him on his death bed. He revealed many things in this interview. Know them by their fruit. He reveals himself as he speaks with no restraint.

edit on 26-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Also, it is my belief that Jashuah (Jesus) is a Christed individual as in "Annointed" by the Light. The Light being both actually light frequencies and knowledge. He may have been one of many that were so called "annointed" throughout time. Does this mean that he used 100% of his brain at all 12 strands of his DNA were activated, that his reality was 200%+ more perceptive than our own...that he knew that he was genectically created unto his mother the Virgin. These are all possibilities.

Terence McKenna once said...it's like the light reflecting from a disco ball...some of it lightly falls onto an object while others have a huge spark of light. Kinda like that!

Jesus did not want you to follow him or it is not his job to "Save" you. Jesus wanted us all "To Be Like Him!!"

Also, if you research Atlantis and the Mythological entities...there are some truths in the "Gods" and what they refer to as their procreation or the "Demi Gods". All roads lead back to Atlantis...it really is kind of funny!
edit on 26-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That poor sweet man....obviously hepped up on drugs. Did they say Soduim Phenobarbital....Not sure if he was saying the body doesn't matter or the body is unique....confused.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

That poor sweet man....obviously hepped up on drugs. Did they say Soduim Phenobarbital....Not sure if he was saying the body doesn't matter or the body is unique....confused.

There is a verse in the Bible NT that reveals how to view these things.

Matthew 7:15

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

He was a thornbush full of thistles by his speech.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Okay.
My opinion on the matter is simple "fear of death"
I am reading this amazing book called "Mind Beyond Death" by Dozgchen Ponlop. I think that people are afraid to believe in reincarnation because that means they will have to give up their friends, family, memories and possession.
And the church knows this and not only believes it but thrives off the concept. With heaven and hell you don't have to give up anything when you die. You not only get to live forever but you get the benefit
of not experiencing change.
Organized religion never changes. Because they teach nothing serious about change. They teach that God can change things but not his "children" .

The church fears death because they can't accept that all things must end.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why does everything have to be either/or?

Many people have misconceptions about reincarnation. One particular misconception is that it means we don't dwell in heaven between reincarnations or that we immediately reincarnate after death. Near-death experiences prove this misconception to be just that - a misconception. This is because time as we know it does not exist in the spirit world. A person can literally spend an "eternity" in the spirit realms, if they wish to do so, and have the freedom to decide if they want to reincarnate or not.

near-death.com...

near-death.com...
Resourceful site!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yes, reincarnation and the church.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The ascended master thing is directly from Theosophy. Don't buy it. Alister Crowley was a Satanist and he inverted the truth. Theosophy follows this pattern.

Crowley said, "Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7

Compare them. Magic is the inversion of truth to illusion. Crowley is inverting truth where it reflects. This is a trick. Follow the path to the ascended masters and you see the Seventh Ray. Follow the Seventh Ray and you get Bailey, Crowley and Blavatsky. These are evil people who invert truth.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the light. There is no higher name.

Whilst I am no follower of Crowley, the adage, 'Do what thou wilt(?) shall be the whole of the law'...refers specifically to a little gem planted in us, that old FREE WILL.

In saying this, Crowley was referencing the gift we have been given, the gift of FREE WILL, the gift which allowed (because of its mechanism) God to build in THE most loving system; a system that does not force, does not coax, does not compel in any way shape or form the development of any individual soul. This 'law' established by omnipotence and omniscience, guarentees the free development of even the least of his creatures, including satan, devil or any other creation of God. Does the stupidity run so deep that it is posited, from a position of DIVISION, that satan and the devil is placed outside of Gods creation? God did not and does not create division...God is all inclusive, because God is ALL. If Christianity has a problem with this, there should be a relearning of the ABC's of deity, and the laws emanating forthwith.

Correct...Do unto others as you would be done by!
Judge not unless ye be judged!

These forums are full of JUDGES fully ready to judge the souls of others under the guise of Christ...verily, beware the false prophets!

Akushla

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Whilst I am no follower of Crowley, the adage, 'Do what thou wilt(?) shall be the whole of the law'...refers specifically to a little gem planted in us, that old FREE WILL.

In saying this, Crowley was referencing the gift we have been given, the gift of FREE WILL, the gift which allowed (because of its mechanism) God to build in THE most loving system; a system that does not force, does not coax, does not compel in any way shape or form the development of any individual soul. This 'law' established by omnipotence and omniscience, guarentees the free development of even the least of his creatures, including satan, devil or any other creation of God. Does the stupidity run so deep that it is posited, from a position of DIVISION, that satan and the devil is placed outside of Gods creation? God did not and does not create division...God is all inclusive, because God is ALL. If Christianity has a problem with this, there should be a relearning of the ABC's of deity, and the laws emanating forthwith.

Correct...Do unto others as you would be done by!
Judge not unless ye be judged!

These forums are full of JUDGES fully ready to judge the souls of others under the guise of Christ...verily, beware the false prophets!

Akushla

I judge Crowley by the fruit of the life he lived. His character does not reveal the fruit of the spirit. The fruit of the world was ripe in his life. 1 Corinthians reveals how this works by revealing the wisdom of the world against the wisdom of God. This can be rightly divided to show the true character of any individual walking the earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join