It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Post Deleted! Google Erases Popular Alternative News Source?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Activist Post Deleted! Google Erases Popular Alternative News Source?

theintelhub.com

At mid-day on Friday, September 23, 2011, the popular alternative news blog, ActivistPost.com, was taken offline. Activist Post receives over one million views per month and has been hosted by Google’s Blogger since its founding in June 2010.

“We remain puzzled as to why Activist Post was erased completely by Google,” said chief editor and co-founder Michael Edwards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is serious, I just checked it on google, if you search for "activist post" the first hit reads:

"Activist Post. Skip to content. Home. Not Found. Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post. ..."

Strangely enough, when you click the link, you get redirected to the website "Before it's news"!!

Google, the company that claims "Do no evil" in for web censorship.

What do you think ?
Why the activist post ?
And why the heck a redirect to Before it's news ?? Even ATS does not allow posts linking to BiN.

theintelhub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-9-2011 by svetlana84 because: added the 3rd question

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It looks like the people from the Activist Post are the ones doing the redirecting, as you can see on their Facebook page.

As for Google's reasons, I don't have any idea, it's the first time I have heard about the Activist Post.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I went to AlternatePost.com it redirects to beforeitsnews.com.

About a minute later, the SQL query finishes and guess what, all of AlternatePost's stories are posted onto the screen. It appears to me that either AlternatePost decided to redirect his blog to BeforeitsNews and place a fake story in a bid to get attention or he either had a database/server crash, was hacked, or broke Blogger's TOS then decided to redirect his blog to his archive at beforeitsnews.

Conclusion: Potential Hoax or a misunderstanding based on server problems or relying on a corporate owned blogging site.

Anyways, I alerted the mods. Have a nice day.

PROTIP: Google can take down any blogger blogs if they brake Google's TOS.
edit on 24-9-2011 by relique because: Protip.

edit on 24-9-2011 by relique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by relique

Relique, I am a bit confused, since you mention alternatepost.com, I am talking about activist post.

Are they related ?

On WHHOIS the domain alternatepost is noted as not registered. ??

Edit: On your protip: It would be just interesting to know what the reason was. Was it against TOS ?
Or is it censorship?
edit on 24-9-2011 by svetlana84 because: see post

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I found this on Prison Planet www.prisonplanet.com...

It appears that one of my newest favorite websites, Activist Post (www.activistpost.com) has been taken down by its host, Blogger.com.

I am suspicious of this, especially given that Blogger.com is owned by Google. And we know about the cozy relationship between Google and the Obama Administration. It’s very suspicious. TPTB do not like their corruption and crimes being exposed, and they have been very happy lately with the complicity and cover-ups of the mainstream media, the subservient, obedient stenographers of the so-called “free press.” It would not surprise me that Blogger shut down Activist Post for political reasons, not particularly from the web people and managers of Blogger.com, but from pressure from TPTB.

Good ole internet cencorship......

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sounds like some BS drama drummed up to create free publicity for this 'activist blogger' site.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

There are better ways to promote your site than delete it....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex

There are better ways to promote your site than delete it....

Yes, but now people are being redirected to a collection of articles on "BeforeItsNews", garnering more page views for that site. How long was \activistpost' up for?

What evidence is there that google has pulled the site again?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It wouldn't be the first time Google did something "unconstitutional".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

So, again, what proof is there that this was done by Google?

Has any been presented you can point me to?

This being a conspiracy website, I'll remain skeptical.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
In response to those who are skeptical. First, try the cryptome link @ cryptome.org... keyword "Google Takes Down Activist Post?" - or Ctrl-F

Also, search for all the articles under "Activist Post" indexed by your favorite search engine (I prefer scroogle).

Before it's News has simply volunteered to keep their content available until things are sorted out. Also, at the link listed above, you can find the actual Google conversation, which should require some pretty creative nonsense to argue about.

Activist Post is a fantastic news aggregate which unlike other websites, does not require registration to leave comments, and supports independent writers and journalists. They cover a very wide range of topics and are not prone to censor anything that is not directly dangerous or vulgar. They are very solid people.

As another commenter said above, there are more efficient methods of promoting a website than taking it down. When a website goes down, a very large number of readers are potentially lost, and search-engine results are considerably damaged. Activist Post was doing just fine before the issues with their Google account. To present this as publicity stunt, or "drama" is ludicrous; any further look into the situation will the show self-explanatory nature of that comment.

What surprises me is that on this very website - for those who actually read it - evidence showing Google's CIA/NSA connections have been mentioned. I do not propose this situation is due to that, but Google has certainly engaged in censorship before. I hope that before any further reckless speculation or slander is made, people will do some basic research, and gather at least a small measure of information. If having a backup website, or receiving communal assistance is evidence of "drama" or scamming, then I am afraid we have simply lost our language.

As a contributing writer to AP, I can only attest to their sincere intentions to distribute information and support wholesome activism. They are positively oriented, and IMO provide a fantastic service. In this new era of hostility to independent media, please exercise caution on such subjects, as they will be increasing in frequency, and thus require more support, and extra critical-thinking.

Sincerely,
EccentricIntelligenceAgency

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

With due respect,

If that is what it sounds like, I urge you to do a wee bit more "looking in" to the matter. And if it does bring publicity, all the better. Whether it be censorship or shoddy service, I think attention is necessary. Judging by your name, I would hope that if you do find evidence contrary to such assumptions, that you will be appropriately disturbed at this possible act of censorship and disregard for journalism. When I say "with due respect", I mean it. I am personally and deeply bothered by this situation. Please reconsider.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dishypnosis

I am due no respect :-)

I am satisfied with the proof given above.

Although I doubt anything nefarious.

At least now I can believe it isnt a marketing hoax.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex

Proof

they should be looking for a new host while they wait for these condescending corporate lackeys to give a crap about their jobs.

if anything makes me suspicious about any of this, its the fact that "activists" would ally themselves with "the enemy"

im not sure i want to get my news from people too lazy/dumb to realize theyre hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Well, as long as they are using them to get out their message what's the issue? And why is Google the enemy? It revolutionized the net.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

no offense, but do you hear yourself speak? you sound like an advertisement.
and i can tell you why, because google and yahoo and facebook and myspace and youtube and wikipedia and yaddayaddayadda didnt just "revolutionize the net"(whatever the hell that means).. it revolutionized the human race.. into puppets.

they may not be your enemy, but they are mine. everything that acts to delude my fellow human beings into shallow lives of delusions. i feel like im in a zombie movie, but the zombies arent eating peoples brains or tearing people apart.. theyre just getting up every day and going to work and chatting on the internet and going to coffee shops and watching tv and listening to popular music and eating frozen pre-cooked dinners of GMOs. and instead of actually speaking and expressing their thoughts, they say things like "herp" and "derp" and "herptyderp".

i do not like the machine.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

The gun revolutionized warfare. The circuit-board revolutionized computing. Biometrics are revolutionizing India, and soon us too. Englishmen revolutionized America. The DHS "revolutionized" American liberty. When McDonalds first started, they actually served something resembling food. Monsanto revolutionized corn, and anything else they could lobby into mutation, or buy from the FDA.

Without google, another algorithm would have eventually meandered along. Brilliance is also not necessarily always respectable, and not everything ends in the same light as it began. And did I mention the military actually revolutionized the internet long before google? Actually, they pretty much invented it. But for those who admire the current affairs of our military, there is no discussion. Military is obviously essential, but abuse of it is not. Abuse of military is as horrible as horrible gets. For a persuasive argument, see the terrifying images of warisacrime.org: warisacrime.org...

Google - essentially the wet dream of all intelligence agencies - is not what we'd like to think it is. When something like google, gmail, etc, is offered for free, it is not google which is the product; it is us. The amount of information they are mining and analyzing is nearly beyond value. Too many have already become dependent on their services, and all that is implied by this fact will reveal itself to the astonishment of many. Youtube (google) has even admitted to manipulating sensitive youtube videos so that they can only be discovered through the exact url, and no search for any of the keywords will ever yield a result. They also - despite relocating - manage much of the Chinese censorship firewall. Just remember - or eventually learn - that Google is not here to serve you, me, or any of our friends. They are up to something a little different.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
gotta love wayback

web.archive.org...://www.activistpost.com/

I hope they manage to retrieve their content

top topics

<<   2 >>

join