It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10$ to go to the future :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A company is selling on the net tickets for the future. For just 10 $, you can be brought back from the future (but you must wait until technology will be operational
).

Here are a few extract of the FAQ of the company selling the ticket for the future.

Q: How does this work?

A: Current scientific theory states that Time Travel may be possible, however the technology is a long way off, perhaps hundreds of years in the future. Now, assume it does become possible in say, 500 years. As with any technology, Time Travel will get less expensive as time goes on. Just as the price of a VCR has dropped to less than $70 from the several hundred dollars it cost just ten years ago, Time Travel, once it becomes feasible, will initially be very expensive yet it will become more and more economical as time goes by.

(...)

Q: How much will this cost me?
A: Our fee is only $10, of which a percentage is placed into the fund, to grow and earn interest, and the rest is used to pay for overhead in running the website, covering legal fees, paying for your certificate, and maintaining the database of members.

(...)

Q: So what do I get for my ten bucks?
A: A percentage goes into the fund, in your name. The interest this percentage earns is earmarked for you, should we be successful. You also get a signed certificate on acid-free paper mailed to you, suitable for framing. Your name is maintained in a database, along with your current address. Should you move, you can update your address. Instructions will be included with your certificate. Further, you can put in your will to have the fund notified of the date, time and place of your death, to be entered into the database. Instructions are included with your certificate. We are also working to establish a "members only" section of the web site so you can see how the fund is doing at any time.
Time Travel
Paradoxes
Q: My date and place of death?
A: It's assumed you won't live for the 500 or more years it may take for the technology to be perfected, and for the fund to grow. If, as we assumed above, you are to be retrieved at or just before your time of death, they will need to know when and where to find you. This makes it easier.

(...)

Q: Are there any restrictions?
A: Yes, several:

-- You will not be retrieved if you die by suicide. Sorry, but we don't want your family blaming us for you killing yourself because you think you will get to the future sooner.

-- You will not be retrieved if you die by execution, or are killed in the process of, or the result of, committing a crime. You are responsible for your actions, and the fund is not an excuse for you to take your frustrations out on society. (Note: You are not automatically excluded if you are the victim of a crime.)

-- There are no guarantees. None whatsoever. This is pure speculation, but it is a chance. Should something happen such as the people of the earth bombing themselves back to the stone age, you probably won't be retrieved. The fund is a chance to visit the future, not a guarantee. If you want a guarantee, go buy a savings bond and wait for seven years.

Just take a look at them site, it's really funny. The only paradox they didn't considered is that :

If, even in 500 years, some scientists was/will be able to come back to the our times, why they didn't contact us yet ?

The FAQ is here :
www.timetravelfund.com...

And you can order your subscription here :

www.timetravelfund.com...

Also, you can read this PRAVDA silly article :
english.pravda.ru...

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well thats $13.0662 Canadian...what a rip off

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
My question...Who in their right mind believes this company will exist in 500 years?...I got $10 saying it wont...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'll pay $10, hell I'll pay $1000 but only when my future self comes to pick up the money.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
just pay yer 10 bucks. If you disappear .........they came and took ya.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
does anyone know how much that would mess up their so called future? saving one person for this fee could prevent the birth of the person who say advanced this technology. one would never know really.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The thing is - they take you just before you die, and in one part they say that they may even replace your body with a cloned one, so no-one would even know your gone.
It's not like they take you away while your alive, or that they bring you back right after your dead.
They would be bringing you into what would be the present and 'fixing' you so you don't die.
In theory it would not affect the timeline significantly.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
The thing is - they take you just before you die, and in one part they say that they may even replace your body with a cloned one, so no-one would even know your gone.
It's not like they take you away while your alive, or that they bring you back right after your dead.
They would be bringing you into what would be the present and 'fixing' you so you don't die.
In theory it would not affect the timeline significantly.

ok, i guess that makes sense. but i supose it all depends on how time works. if its all intertwined into one, or if it branches off into different possibilities, different dimensions. what i mean is, in one reality you would be replaced, and time would go on in that thread, and then youd be in this otehr one, where thy "fix" you. i dont know if im making sense here, im prety tired.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think that the biggest problem would be that as far as we know energy can never be destroyed/removed/etc only changed.
I imagine if you time travelled you'd have too muhc energy in one time in the universe and too little in another if that makes any sense.

It's all so damn complicated, it gives me a headache...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This may just be the most genius business scam in history. You pay $10 for a priduct you don't get to enjoy until 500 yrs? That's brilliant!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm sending my $10 right away! LOL I highly doubt that this will be possible. I wonder how many will actually send $10 bucks.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's not really ten bucks, however. In 500 years that $10, adjusted for inflation, will only be worth $ .02. So instead, I'll give my 2 cents here: Clearly this is just a scam--but a brilliant one! How many fish do you think he/they will reel in on this one? Perhaps enough to fund his/their retirement? They offer NO guarantees or no promises IF the technology doesn't become available. This is simply a "buyer beware" situation and falls in line with the folks who were selling parcels of land on the moon.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
It's not really ten bucks, however. In 500 years that $10, adjusted for inflation, will only be worth $ .02. So instead, I'll give my 2 cents here: Clearly this is just a scam--but a brilliant one! How many fish do you think he/they will reel in on this one? Perhaps enough to fund his/their retirement? They offer NO guarantees or no promises IF the technology doesn't become available. This is simply a "buyer beware" situation and falls in line with the folks who were selling parcels of land on the moon.

(bashing head against the wall) WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF IT!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If time travel were possible I would do like bill and ted always did. Say I didn't want to mow my yard on saturday I wanted to go to the beach or something. I would just think hey sunday I will go back in time and mow my yard today. Then poof my yard would be suddenly mowed! All you would have to do is make sure you go back in time on sunday and do it saturday. See what I'm saying?

top topics

join