It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know the US Government uses "virtual automated users" to debunk and spread disinfo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This video is only a couple of months old but I thought I'd bring it up anyway to raise awareness.

So to sum up the video, it just goes to show how desperate the US Government really is if they have to resort to using virtual automated users to debunk conspiracy theories and spread disinfo on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, online forums and even possibly ATS! You can see how Libya fits into place here...

I was just reading some of the comments on the video and just LOLed at some of the obvious shill comments:

Gnomefro
What they're actually doing is going into communities that are mired in conspiracy theory and dogmatic thinking and taking steps to clear up the most absurd lies told about the west. The only reason they must use fake identities for this is because the indoctrination is too deep to begin with.
Frankly, this is probably one of the best ways of reducing terrorism long term.

The reason why there ARE conspiracy theories in the first place is because of the LACK OF INFORMATION AND SECRECY by Governments and other organisation on particular matters!

So next time you suspect an anonymous user of being a shill, don't bother replying because they could probably be virtual and non existant!

And I thought only China and Iran did this kind of stuff... Who would've thought our Government which criticises other countries about these matters, are a bunch of hypocrites?
edit on 22-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Haha that's crazy, I figured as much just from posting things for sale on Craigslist..There was all kinds of automated replies and I knew it was only a matter of time until they were directed towards Political/Conspiracy sites. I can't watch videos right now so thanks for the summary OP.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is all bunk. It is nonsense. Your government loves you...You will comply... You will obey.....

(Typed in my best virtual user voice of course)
edit on 22-9-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I know there are definite paid bloggers to spread specific political points of view online, but I can't say for sure they are used to debunk UFOs or chemtrails or anything like that. Phage does all that voluntarily so the NSA doesn't need to employ those kind of bloggers.
I mostly see the political paid bloggers though, you can recognize them by their monotone robotic politician speak they use to promote a proposed new law or candidate.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

It is probably alot cheaper in the end to hire a few hackers to make these vitrual users acting on scripts than hiring disinfo agents to actually be there all the time, considering how many internet sites and forums there are. The "Real" disinfo agents (as in human beings) are probably reserved to the most high profile sites and forums, like this one.
edit on 22-9-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
given companies pay people to say stuff in the best light for their company its hardly suprising that any governement wouldn't use the same techniques to try and alter the public perception and if done right its probably good value for money as well, well we wouldn't want to be ripped off twice would we

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What surprises me the most about this is not that they do it, but they seem to be so far behind in regards to how they can do it effectively. (Or at least that's what they say) If they really wanted to reach mass audiences with positive effect to their goal, they would hire people to do it for them instead of making "shadow puppets" and throwing them around the internet. And even if they do hire people, they're going to be hiring the dumb ones because the smart ones know that this country is screwed and needs a major attitude adjustment. Unless, of course, the price is right

People like me eat these shills for breakfast. And lets not forget about Annonymous.

I'm sorry to tell them this, but they're going to lose this war.
You can put lipstick on a pig all you want, at the end of the day it's still a pig.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I know there are definite paid bloggers to spread specific political points of view online, but I can't say for sure they are used to debunk UFOs or chemtrails or anything like that. Phage does all that voluntarily so the NSA doesn't need to employ those kind of bloggers.

How do you know he does it for free?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
2222222222222ATS definitely does not have any sock puppet robots[Error:415burn.aa.vmi]

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

How do you know he does it for free?

I don't for sure, but I've been going back and forth with him about chemtrails for years now on other forums. I think he's what he says he is, a grumpy old man. It really doesn't matter though, because when good information surfaces on here and other places, it should hold up to scrutiny if it's true.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
nothing new

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It also makes sense as to why Facebook managment was at the last Bilderberg meeting.

Geezzz....I really have to get rid of my spybook profile. dirty bas**rds

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

yeah, that is the only way it makes sense. The people here who only debunk .....if they don't believe any conspiracy theories, why the heck do they hang out on ATS all day??

I don't hang out in forums with topics i don't believe, and crap on their parade all day.

granted, there are times when it is nice to get a straight answer amidst the piles of bull, but every post made is a debunk...really?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting video on the use of Astro turfing. Basically creating false blogs to draw attention to a certain cause. This example is by the Israeli Government.

edit on 22-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Did you know the US Government uses "virtual automated users" to debunk and spread disinfo?

Yes of course, I have a membership to ATS.

new topics

top topics

join