It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On France

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why does everyone disrespect France nowadays? What did they do to you personally that you should hate them? If you say that your reason would be because they went against Bush's decision to go to war, then why aren't you so mad at Russia, China, Germany, and the others? I am pretty sure your hatred towards France is not personal, it is just a form of nationalism. Please re-think your feelings.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
They just listen to the hogwash that fills the divides between the disputing political trains of thought and find a safe place to hide. They are ignorants who blame everyone else for the lack of righteousness they lead in their lives. They always think, "We must be good.", or "I am sure we did the right thing."

It is these thoughts that drive the trains of the tracks. STOP THE CORRUPTION, END THE CRUSADE.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well let's see.

France did the following:

1) Supported Nazism by not fighting it (French Resistance was 95% Jewish immigrants sent to work in the factories, 3% mountain peoples from Itally and French border, and 2% french).

2) They have more whores than the rest of the world combined.

3) Last time my Grandma was there, they still were using 3sided toilets on the side walks which consisted of 3 curtains facing the road and two other ways, the way facing the side walk was open and you would crap or piss in a hole in the ground.

4) They lie, oh how they lie. They try to say the Iraqi Liberation is all about oil, yeah...FRENCH OIL! They're losing 60billion dollars in deals with Saddam.

5) Can I stress enough that they did nothing to end NAZISM?

6) They spat on our soldiers as we poured in through Normandy.

7) They desecrated the Normandy Cemetaries.

8) They've done almost nothing for JUSTICE, even to the point of killing their ONLY saviour, Joan of Arc.

9) They are the whole reason Vietnam is Communist. Ho Chi Min came to America and asked for our aid to fight against the French, and he would model his government after ours. Because we were "allies with the French" we refused, which ended up in 50,000 more American deaths. All thanks to the worthless French.

10) They killed two popes in the late 1200s and put a puppet pope into power "Pope Clement V". And thus destroyed the Knights Templar.

11) They tried to take over Europe with "Napoleon". Killing, hundreds of thousands.

12) And their prisons are beyond reproach. Worse than anything in Camp X-ray.

The French as a nation can kiss my butt. They have a lot of "Civilizing" left to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
nice list thought you forgot something, or didnt know about it,

the French blew up the 'Rainbow Warrior' whitch was the flagship of Greenpeace, so that Greenpeace wouldnt be able to stop the nucular testing at muroa atoll, oh and they blew it up in NZ waters, and since GreenPeace is partlly funded by the NZ Goverment, it is concidered an act of war, i hate the french but thats cause there arogent assbandits,

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
France is not all French people, but all French people are France. If you hate France than you hate everyone in it. Using such classifications is dangerous and heartless. Stop the hate.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5POF
Well let's see.

France did the following:

1) Supported Nazism by not fighting it (French Resistance was 95% Jewish immigrants sent to work in the factories, 3% mountain peoples from Itally and French border, and 2% french).

2) They have more whores than the rest of the world combined.

3) Last time my Grandma was there, they still were using 3sided toilets on the side walks which consisted of 3 curtains facing the road and two other ways, the way facing the side walk was open and you would crap or piss in a hole in the ground.

4) They lie, oh how they lie. They try to say the Iraqi Liberation is all about oil, yeah...FRENCH OIL! They're losing 60billion dollars in deals with Saddam.

5) Can I stress enough that they did nothing to end NAZISM?

6) They spat on our soldiers as we poured in through Normandy.

7) They desecrated the Normandy Cemetaries.

8) They've done almost nothing for JUSTICE, even to the point of killing their ONLY saviour, Joan of Arc.

9) They are the whole reason Vietnam is Communist. Ho Chi Min came to America and asked for our aid to fight against the French, and he would model his government after ours. Because we were "allies with the French" we refused, which ended up in 50,000 more American deaths. All thanks to the worthless French.

10) They killed two popes in the late 1200s and put a puppet pope into power "Pope Clement V". And thus destroyed the Knights Templar.

11) They tried to take over Europe with "Napoleon". Killing, hundreds of thousands.

12) And their prisons are beyond reproach. Worse than anything in Camp X-ray.

The French as a nation can kiss my butt. They have a lot of "Civilizing" left to do.

1. Supports America by not fighting it. If France was against US and not the war, they'd be fighting us right now. But they aren't. They're just against the war.

2 and 3. These both sound like poverty issues.

4. They stand to lose 60billion and they're STILL against the war.We stand to lose 74.7billion on costs. Not to mention DEAD AMERICANS. And that's if we 'win'

5. Have the Iraqis done anything to stop Saddam? Maybe they needed help.

6. WE spat on our soldiers during Vietnam.

7. If extremists blew up the Statue of Liberty, would the American People have blown it up? or the extremists?

8. That was How long ago?

9. Vietnam became communist because it decided to. If the people of Vietnam had been able and had wanted, they could have Not become communist. And if they hadn't decided to become communist, we wouldn't have decided to fight them.

10. And Americans are upset about that? Americans didn't even exist.

11. We took over America killing hundreds of thousands.
And years after Napolean was dead and buried, we still owned SLAVES.

12. Have you been in a French prison?

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by quango]

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by quango]

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
quango I know people who have been in a French prison, so yes.

Do you know anyone in Camp X-Ray? Bozo.

Please read my "mood" then view my Avatar, and go be ashamed...

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   

quango I know people who have been in a French prison, so yes.

Do you know anyone in Camp X-Ray? Bozo.

Please read my "mood" then view my Avatar, and go be ashamed...

Sure... and how about the 11 other points you've failed to address?

And do YOU know anyone in Camp X-ray? Because if not, how could you be able to compare the two?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
5POF, your avatar is the Auschwitz main gate entrance.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I would agree that it�s inappropriate to stereotype and hate people from any country. I have already shared my negative experiences in Paris in a previous thread and won�t repeat that here. I�m sure there must be wonderful French people; unfortunately, I just haven�t met them yet. Hopefully, someday I will and they can change my present opinion of the French.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Yes it is UP

Dont' forget what the DarkSide has done, you anti-american fags.

I didn't address the other 11 points, because after long consideration, I felt the viewers were smart enough to see your 11 counter-points are pretty stupid, without my wasting further time upon it.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by 5POF]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Dont' forget what the DarkSide has done, you anti-american fags.

You're not talking to me, isn't it ?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
No UP, we all know where you stand

That's directed to those Liberal Homos in San Fransico, and the French.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I didn't address the other 11 points, because after long consideration, I felt the viewers were smart enough to see your 11 counter-points are pretty stupid, without my wasting further time upon it.

Well as long as you actually read them.

dom

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
5POF - I just wanted to say that I think your ignorance has been revealed in this thread.

It would be oh so easy to build up 12 points of why we should all hate the US, if we only had to deal with truth in the same way you do.

Nice one quango.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"1. Supports America by not fighting it. If France was against US and not the war, they'd be fighting us right now. But they aren't. They're just against the war. "

France is clearly against the U.S.! You don't have to be at war to be doing covert, #head things.

"2 and 3. These both sound like poverty issues. "

Of course. Obviously the French government has a lot to do with the continuation of these things. Can't they afford bathroom walls??? crazy...

"4. They stand to lose 60billion and they're STILL against the war.We stand to lose 74.7billion on costs. Not to mention DEAD AMERICANS. And that's if we 'win' "

He meant that they stand to lose 60 billion if we go to war because of their against-the-UN deals with Iraq. France sells A LOT of stuff to Iraq.

"5. Have the Iraqis done anything to stop Saddam? Maybe they needed help. "

All those who have tried were soon 6 feet under.

"6. WE spat on our soldiers during Vietnam. "

That's a little different, don't you think? No really, don't you think?

"7. If extremists blew up the Statue of Liberty, would the American People have blown it up? or the extremists? "

American Extremists? Is that the best you have?

"8. That was How long ago? "

Just goes to show, once an asshole, always an asshole.

"9. Vietnam became communist because it decided to. If the people of Vietnam had been able and had wanted, they could have Not become communist. And if they hadn't decided to become communist, we wouldn't have decided to fight them. "

They would have decided much differently had the French not been fighting for nothing and then leaving us to finish the fighting. (all the while undermining us at the U.N.!)

"10. And Americans are upset about that? Americans didn't even exist. "

I didn't exist when we were in Vietnam. Does that mean I can't get upset about it?

"11. We took over America killing hundreds of thousands.
And years after Napolean was dead and buried, we still owned SLAVES. "

Most of the native americans were killed off in germ warfare conducted by europeans.

"12. Have you been in a French prison? "

he answered that just fine..

dom

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
1) is about supporting nazism and not fighting it. Well the French did fight, they were just swept away (remember blitzkrieg, read a history book before?)

2) "France has more whores than the rest of the world combined" BULL#

3) "Crappy Toilets" So what? Can't stand cultural differences or something?

4) "He meant that they stand to lose 60 billion if we go to war because of their against-the-UN deals with Iraq. France sells A LOT of stuff to Iraq. " They're not against the UN. They're doing civilian infrastructure deals, and preparing the way for post-sanctions Iraq. They would keep these deals if they fought with the US. So they're not obstructing the US to save these deals, what an idiotic argument!

5) The original comment is about nazism. The French were an occupied country.

6) "They spat on our soldiers as we poured in through Normandy." So this is what France did, not a small proportion of French people? Do you remember the Nazi sympathisers being paraded through the streets, with the women having shaved heads etc.?

7) "They desecrated the Normandy Cemetaries." A small proportion of angry people. The point is, this is not "France" but "French extremists".

8) Joan of Arc.. Oh FFS. Get a life.

9) Vietnam was a #ty war to fight. Totally #ty. Just because the US decided to fight communism in Vietnam, shortly after the French pulled out...

10) 1200's.. LOL.

11) Napolean was just one warlord who tried to take over Europe. As for the US, lots of native Americans were killed by the US administration too. Right up until 1900's if I remember correctly.

12) French Prisons are not as bad as Camp X-Ray. Amnesty International would seem to agree. Camp X-Ray is a disgrace to the American people.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Pffffft.
The French deserve all of the scorn that has been poured upon them by the UK and the US.
Through this whole Iraq issue, they've been doing one thing - defending French interests.
It doesn't matter to the French that their country only exists because of the blood that was spilt by their allies. All they are interested in is making France a great world power again. Rather ironic that whilst the run up to this conflict was going on, the French invited every African leader to a summit in Paris and Chirac sat there lauding it up and sitting there in the centre of every photograph as if he owned Africa himself.
The French have always been jealous of other countries who have more pull than they do. Their whole culture is geared to making France a dominant power (wether it be in the EU, Africa, Indo-China or the world as a whole).
What you saw from the French in the run up to the conflict was a flexing of muscles, a challenge to US dominance. They have never accepted the fact that they are no longer one of the most powerful countries in the world and still yearn for the days of Napolean.
Unfortunately for them their tactic in trying to puff up their chests and forcing the US to back down backfired on them and the coalition went in without them. If they had succeeded you can guarantee that the French would have tried to exert influence elsewhere in the world - looking for money and power. They are looking out for themselves and doing absolutely no more than that. The fact that they have treated their allies in such a way is disgusting.
The French deserve all of the mistrust and dislike that they receive.

And as for whining about how they were only thinking of the people of Iraq? Their stance on the humanitarian issue makes me cry with laughter.
You only have to look at the French arms exporting industry. They have the worst record of supplying rogue regimes with weapons, it makes the Yanks look like saints in comparison.
And then we can look back at how the French treat civilians in any conflict. Ask any Algerian about the French carpet bombing of his towns and villages. Or the Africans in the Ivory Coast about French tactics. Hearts and minds are just something to be cut out by French bayonets.

France? A nation that needs to throw aside it's imperialist aspirations and take a look at the real world.
Until then it deserves nothing but scorn.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think most in the US are shocked by the French response.

When taking into consideration the Relations which have existed between the US and France in the last 200+ years, Americans sincerely feel that the French government has sold them out.

Vietnam was a war in which prior to US involvement many French citizens were killed. Not only soldiers but civilians, as well as those who worked for the government.

Today in the Miami Herald

Initial Test Shows Anthrax

Marines found secret caches of suspected weapons Saturday. Military sources said warheads were found in Aziziyah, southwest of Baghdad. An initial field test "confirmed" the presence of Anthrax, according to a source in touch with the analysis team. More testing is needed, however.

To be honest, one potential reason. The UN as well as the French governments credibility will be questioned.

Is the fact they would trade 200+ years of American support and friendship to back up an administration, which was the first since WWI, to apply chemical weapons.

The above in quotes, potentially is the second reason.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
well since no one has disputed my point on hating the french,at least i know m justified

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join