It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

boxing: floyd mayweather vs. larry merchant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Protect yourself at ALL times...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Larry had his money on Ortiz, thats why he was angry in the interview egging Mayweather on, he just lost a few grand.

Mayweather is sly in "old age." He learned a few tricks the kid hadn't picked up yet, like timing. Ortiz will remember this lesson and should be grateful.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I'd actually agree and say that Manny's hand speed probably is faster than Floyd's, but is his brain?

Don't get me wrong, Pacman has awesome physical attributes and the way he's moved up the weight classes is nothing short of shocking (hehe...?) but Floyd has shown time and time again he not only out fights his opponents but he out thinks them.

Manny is great at what he does but he hasn't really shown much adaptation or improvisation, okay he beat Shane fair enough. But people were calling Shane shot before he fought Floyd! Then Manny goes on to beat him? That doesn't prove a lot in my book.

Pac beating Margarito or Clottey also proves nothing in my opinion, Juan Manuel Marquez had Paccy twice from the way I score those fights. Maybe I'd give Pac the first bout but definitely not the second....

In all fairness it's pointless trying to apply logic to the hypothetical fight of the century because sadly it looks more and more unlikely it's ever going to come into fruition.....

i can see pacquiao win a descision against floyd by sheer punch output. his best chance is to show effective punching and keep busy. never stop moving. punch at odd angles. it would be a fight i would pay to see.

floyd uses the shoulder roll pretty well. james toney used a similar technique with great success. when james met up with a lightning quick roy jones the shoulder roll didn't work as weel as it had against other opponents. i'm not saying manny has the relex and speed of roy jones. but he does have some snap. it's possible for manny to pull off an upset.

-subfab

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
hey, if mayweather and pacman go at it in the ring pacman gonna beat mayweather like he stole something LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join