It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israels Moment Of Truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
In a few days the United Nations General Assembly will vote on the establishment of a new state. The State of Palestine. Prior to the vote, Israel's Prime Minister, Netanyahu, will address this august body to put forth his countries reasons for delaying Palestinian Statehood. He will tell them that Israel is for a two state solution and that he personally supports a Palestinian state, but at the right time, after negotiations have taken place to settle all the issues. Of course none of that is a logical argument against a Palestinian State as negotiations can take place after the State is established. Considering that four Israeli Prime ministers have said they were in favor of a Palestinian state, but failed to act decisively in negotiations to come to peace arrangements that would lead to a state, one has to believe that their intent was deceptive. Ehud Barak, after failed negotiations, stated that he had offered Arafat 98% of the West Bank and Arafat refused. Barak FAILED to note that Israel insisted on control of borders and water use. That Israel retained the right to fly over a soverign Palestinian state. That the right of return must be waived, to name the most important "hidden" conditions. But Netenyahu will press his flawed logic on the General Assembly in the hope of swaying their vote. All to no avail. Israels deception in the quest for peace is too well known. Israel is no longer viewed as the "victim"

What might happen? well Abbas will give a speech and then hand his petition for Statehood to the
president of the UN, who will then call a Security council meeting to take up the issue. After discussion the US will veto the idea and generally thats where it would NORMALLY end. However it is NOT the Security Council that allows membership in the UN, it is the sole responsibility of the General Assembly. Heres what the GA CAN do. They can OVERRIDE the US's veto by legal right using Res 377 (Uniting for Peace) and vote on the issue themselves, in which case it will pass.

Of course Palestine becoming a state changes NOTHING on the ground, except Israel will then be occupying a State rather then "disputed" territory. The rules will have changed and Israel is then culpable for any crimes they may commit. MY opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Israel is then culpable for any crimes they may commit.

And the terrorists firing rockets are also culpable, allowing Israel to legally invade to stop the terrorists.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

The Middle East Problem Explained in 5 minutes.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

And the terrorists firing rockets are also culpable, allowing Israel to legally invade to stop the terrorists.

One mans 'terrorist' is another mans 'freedom fighter'.

edit on 18/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

IMO the israeli's are the real "terrorists". the palestinians fighters are merely defending their homeland from invasion and occupation .

Would you not act in the same way if the boot was on the other foot?

regards . jamie

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
the words Israels & Truth don't tend to mix well togeather but if the USA uses it's veto then it will shine a spotlight on the USA.

Home made fireworks fired out of an open prison are not rockets and MOSSAD have been caught fireing them themselves which goes to show they are still the masters of flase flag attacks.

US Liberty anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie23
reply to post by spoor

palestinians fighters are merely defending their homeland from invasion and occupation .

This! Starred.

Most people are afraid to say stuff like this, as soon as you do OMG YOU RACIST!!! but when you say Palestinians are terrorists Right on man!! So with all the stuff about Israel disinfo agents being paid to spread crap... I just LOL and move along.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie23

the palestinians fighters are merely defending their homeland from invasion and occupation .

just a point to make if i may? if the palestinians fighters are merely defending their homeland from invasion and occupation . i guess the same can be said about the serbs in kosovo for whom they were merely defending their homeland from invasion and occupation aswell.

But NATO and America wasnt on there side

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie23

But there's the rub. Israel claims it's their homeland and the Palestinians claim it's their homeland. Much like the Dome of the Rock. Jews say it's their rightful land because it's where Abraham was about to sacrifice Issac when the Lord tested him and it's the location where Solomon built his temple and kept the Arc of the Covenant. But the Muslims (who have control of it at the moment) say it is the spot where Mohammad ascended to Heaven.

So even if the Palestinians get a state, the fighting will continue and is likely to intensify since at that point, Israel could officially declare war on Palestine. Of course that opens up a whole other can of Apocalyptical worms.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I'd ask them for evidence, whoever can support their claim with the strongest evidence gains the worlds support of the area. "Ah but you see in the book of...." Sorry a book?? Well Ok if it's down to books let's see who's people originated from there with my book of Where People Come From (or whatever) then give them it.

Not trying to derail the thread but fighting over a piece of land because some dude did something there hundreds/thousands of years ago is ridiculous. Do you think people who have religion can look up? I mean if they seen the vastness of space wouldn't they want to travel there instead?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i would agree with you , the KLA were the instigators in this violent episode . and lets not forget that the u.s.a labelled the kla as a terrorist organisation at first and then took their side.

one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

oh i agree. if that were able to be used as an argument then there would be a bunch of Americans looking for somewhere to live and a lot more native americans all throughout the US.
but that is the culture of the middle east. its all about traditions and history. it would take a monumental shift in 1000's of years of thinking a certain way for that to change.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by jamie23

But there's the rub. Israel claims it's their homeland and the Palestinians claim it's their homeland. Much like the Dome of the Rock. Jews say it's their rightful land because it's where Abraham was about to sacrifice Issac when the Lord tested him and it's the location where Solomon built his temple and kept the Arc of the Covenant. But the Muslims (who have control of it at the moment) say it is the spot where Mohammad ascended to Heaven.

So even if the Palestinians get a state, the fighting will continue and is likely to intensify since at that point, Israel could officially declare war on Palestine. Of course that opens up a whole other can of Apocalyptical worms.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

in some ways Palestine being recognised as a state could be the final nail in the coffin for the palestinian people.

The first rocket that left their territory towards israel, after recognition, could be viewed as an act of war by a sovereign state and would give israel the justification for military action ,only this time i don't think they would hold back any.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie23
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i would agree with you , the KLA were the instigators in this violent episode . and lets not forget that the u.s.a labelled the kla as a terrorist organisation at first and then took their side.

one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter

The opposite can be said of Osama Bin Laden.

He started out a freedom fighter backed by the US and then was changed into a terrorist.

The sad part is the sheeple can't see this.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I bet at least 9 out of 10 Americans dont even know it was the US who armed the Taliban.
It was the Americans who financed the IRA for years too.

Such hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

wait...i thought it was the Sons of Anarchy that were financing the IRA?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Getting a wee bit off topic but here is a good example just came up the past few days

Martin McGuiness

a self confessed terrorist, now standing to be president of Ireland and having tea with the Queen of England.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I have to take issue with your phrase. But it is only my opinion mind you.

A Freedom fighter belongs to a group that also has a political agenda/arm and targets the opposing forces. They target infrastructure, bases, leadership.

A terrorist doesn’t care who they kill, just as long as they kill. They don’t care if it is a school bus or a military base.

Civilians should never be targets, regardless of what side you are on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why are you so obsessed with this???

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

that guy's just a troll. if he could think for himself he wouldn't be spewing what obama's and every other politicians speech writer tells them to say.

the french resistance during world war 2 were called terrorists by the nazi government. who would have thought that 65+ years later you could use israel and nazi germany in the same sentence to describe a situation.

edit on 18-9-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join