It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's have a "FAIL" forum for every OP that is rigourously disproven.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Like the Hoaxes forum, but for more speculative topics where people propose something that obviously does not come to pass.

Quoting R3KR, who had the original idea:

ATS should make a new forum called "FAIL"

Put all of the so called prophecies in there when things don't come true. I think it would be a real eye opener letting people see how many times people say something and nothing happens.

Can people please indicate their preference by posting a reply.

edit on 17/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Isn't that what the hoax bin is for?
I don't see the need for hoax and major hoax forums.
edit on 17-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Isn't that what the hoax bin is for?
I don't see the need for hoax and major hoax forums.
edit on 17-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

I don't think many of these threads end up in the hoax forum.

But I doubt Mods would go through and shift all the failed threads months/years after the craze subsided. In fact there are enough "Nibiru is here" "Elenin coming next week" threads out there as it is that are deserving of the hoax bin, but having someone go through them all...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

this idea is redundant...and unnecessary really...Hoax forum should work just fine to accommodate "failed predictions" and the like..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would like to nominate THIS thread as the fist inductee to the Fail Forum

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Damn't vomit horse beat me to it!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
oh,you can complain,and kiss butt of the mods in the same sentance! would you like a kleenex?
now for the more serious..... isn't this an open forum? aren't individuals allowed to express thair own opinions?
i clicked on this thread because my gut told me it was of this sort,so i had to respond.
free speech for all!listen first,understand,then question! don't attack first. i see this alot on this site. if you fight amongst each other,how do you expect to fight the establishment?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How is this a rant?

I saw an idea, proposed by someone else as a forum thread and simply thought I would make a request of the mods and put it to a vote by the members.

No big deal.

Obviously the Hoax forum is not working, which is why I suggested the FAIL forum.

Mods, please feel free to delete this and any other of my posts. ATS is not very important to me and as I already filter all the advertisements out, I am obviously of little value to the website owners either.

Bye!

top topics

join