It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OldCorp's New Powermix Radio Show - Hear It Here First!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OK, so as some of you know, I'm a DJ as well as a writer. Back in the day (the late 80's) I had a radio show that was broadcast live from whichever nightclub I was working in that particular Saturday night. I have an opportunity to do the same thing now, and I just wanted to know what you all thought about the first segment that I'm about to give the local radio station for their consideration.

Here is the link to the .mp3 file on Megaupload.com. It's about 30 mb in size, and a little over 20 minutes long. Are my skills still radio airworthy, or do I need to brush up on my turntablism a little bit? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

TYVM,

DJ Bobby Breeze

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hi OldCorp

Good for you! Hey, if ya got it in your posts... Ya still got it on the air! Thus far, I've agreed with you 100%...
S&F I def will give it a listen after while k! Good luck ! and happy for ya! I'll def be a number one fan.!

can I correct myself? ...
I'm still a big #1 fan of yours regardless of your music taste... Different strokes for different folks they always say.
but I think, just my opinion, it would have been better without the first women songs-the rest got better.
That's just MY taste, and I'm sure you'll have others that will be satisfied to the liking with this dance music..,.
So, my critique... first half bad...last half was better. But you'd get a star+ rating from others, I'd say. So good job, keep on doing what it is YOU lOVE to do.
edit on 17-9-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Listening to it now...

will get back to you in a few...

Hmmm..that first song was 13 mins long...lol

I didn't hear any talking..

just Crappy music....

sorry, not my style....
edit on 17-9-2011 by baddmove because: added words

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Listening to it now...

will get back to you in a few...

Hmmm..that first song was 13 mins long...lol

I didn't hear any talking..

just Crappy music....

sorry, not my style....
edit on 17-9-2011 by baddmove because: added words

I'm sorry, I thought everyone knew what powermixing was. The point is to keep the transitions between the songs as undetectable as possible. Apparently I succeeded because that thirteen minute song was actually two different ones.

Too bad you didn't like the music. Any requests?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Ahhhh...

Powermixing....never heard of it..

so i guess you did a damn good job then..

I was thinking you were going to talk and stuff....

you know, like a radio show..lol..

oh well..you did good!

no requests at the moment...

but thanks for asking....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Hi OldCorp

Good for you! Hey, if ya got it in your posts... Ya still got it on the air! Thus far, I've agreed with you 100%...
S&F I def will give it a listen after while k! Good luck ! and happy for ya! I'll def be a number one fan.!

can I correct myself? ...
I'm still a big #1 fan of yours regardless of your music taste... Different strokes for different folks they always say.
but I think, just my opinion, it would have been better without the first women songs-the rest got better.
That's just MY taste, and I'm sure you'll have others that will be satisfied to the liking with this dance music..,.
So, my critique... first half bad...last half was better. But you'd get a star+ rating from others, I'd say. So good job, keep on doing what it is YOU lOVE to do.
edit on 17-9-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

Not a problem. I started playing in clubs at the tail end of the disco era, and then through the 80's I was immersed in the Latin/Freestyle/Technopop culture that was prevalent in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Even as I got old(er) I've always loved dance music. Don't get me wrong, I love Rock and Roll too (except for death metal, it gives me a headache,) and I play plenty of it in the clubs; but the point of this particular mix was to focus on today's most popular dance music.

Thanks for the kind words tho.

edit on 9/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks Old Corp.

You are definitely with it for the times we are in... ! You did an excellent job I must say, on your powermixing!
Have to admit you caught me off guard..just going by your photo... WHo'd a thunk , just by looking , you'd be so hip

--- ahhhh but it is nice to be young at heart eh?! I still have my groove on lol, just in a different area.

Have fun ! Hey, it would be NICE, if you did some conspiracy talk too!!! along with the music, maybe in between?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks Old Corp.

You are definitely with it for the times we are in... ! You did an excellent job I must say, on your powermixing!
Have to admit you caught me off guard..just going by your photo... WHo'd a thunk , just by looking , you'd be so hip

--- ahhhh but it is nice to be young at heart eh?! I still have my groove on lol, just in a different area.

Have fun ! Hey, it would be NICE, if you did some conspiracy talk too!!! along with the music, maybe in between?

Yeah, to look at me you might think, "Redneck."

Although it is true that I love to hunt and fish, when I walk into a club I just hafta get my freak on and make the people dance.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Nah, to look at you I would just think "Country Music"not redneck.. Hey from TN here. Folks may refer to me as one though! l;ol

Hey that is just so cool... To be able to get on your feet with energy-to dance and have fun! is gr8! One night, my last memory of being in a club, YEARS ago...I had a dance partner 10 years older than me...My partner outdid me, I could not believe it! My legs were about to fall off and I was soO out of breath lmao.. what a time. Thanks for bringing up that fun memory... for me to relive all over again. Boy was that fun. And I know you are just starting to have more "memories in the making" for yourself...and friends...

Too cool... again.. Good luck.. I'll keep posted...lol will be watching you...and hey if you decide to do a little alternative or country that would be gr8 !. lol I can't imagine doing a powermix on a country though.. *G*

So, get up and dance and have fun, everybody ... with the Freakin' Corp!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Nah, to look at you I would just think "Country Music"not redneck.. Hey from TN here. Folks may refer to me as one though! l;ol

Hey that is just so cool... To be able to get on your feet with energy-to dance and have fun! is gr8! One night, my last memory of being in a club, YEARS ago...I had a dance partner 10 years older than me...My partner outdid me, I could not believe it! My legs were about to fall off and I was soO out of breath lmao.. what a time. Thanks for bringing up that fun memory... for me to relive all over again. Boy was that fun. And I know you are just starting to have more "memories in the making" for yourself...and friends...

Too cool... again.. Good luck.. I'll keep posted...lol will be watching you...and hey if you decide to do a little alternative or country that would be gr8 !. lol I can't imagine doing a powermix on a country though.. *G*

So, get up and dance and have fun, everybody ... with the Freakin' Corp!

Oh ye of little faith... ANYTHING can be remixed. Lemme work on something for you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

lol... TOOO cool! alright! WooHOO

Hey can you do a RadioHead song? !... I'd love to see your pro -ess - something /anything Radiohead... I will play it for my son... we can be the guinea pigs... Hey, I could keep you busy, if you'd let me

You're one cool dude, I must say
Thanks!.

ETA: lol or Pink Floyd would be gr8. Hmm bet that would be a challenge though. But not with OldCorp.. ! I'm sure he can pull it off

Have a good 'en, my friend. Signing off for evening.
edit on 18-9-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

lol... TOOO cool! alright! WooHOO

Hey can you do a RadioHead song? !... I'd love to see your pro -ess - something /anything Radiohead... I will play it for my son... we can be the guinea pigs... Hey, I could keep you busy, if you'd let me

You're one cool dude, I must say
Thanks!.

ETA: lol or Pink Floyd would be gr8. Hmm bet that would be a challenge though. But not with OldCorp.. ! I'm sure he can pull it off

Have a good 'en, my friend. Signing off for evening.
edit on 18-9-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

Ask and thou shalt receive.

www.megaupload.com...

Who's your Rock and Roll Jesus?

And on that note, this old Devil Dog is gonna hit the rack. Nighty
edit on 9/19/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Some bad news Corp...after all of your hard work... They snatched the vid , due to EMI content so it is blocked. If only I had gotten back online on time, I'd have seen it before they blocked it. Grumble grumble....
Hope you saved a backup... Maybe you could email it? I'd really love to see... and wouldn't want to waste all of that ''sweat'' you put into it..
It would be blocked here too, undoubtably... If you could email, I'll u2u my address..
I was like, "ALRIGHT!"... gonna get to hear this! then found this out, boy was I disappointed
Let me know if you can do this... If so, I'll send you my email address! Thanks, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Some bad news Corp...after all of your hard work... They snatched the vid , due to EMI content so it is blocked. If only I had gotten back online on time, I'd have seen it before they blocked it. Grumble grumble....
Hope you saved a backup... Maybe you could email it? I'd really love to see... and wouldn't want to waste all of that ''sweat'' you put into it..
It would be blocked here too, undoubtably... If you could email, I'll u2u my address..
I was like, "ALRIGHT!"... gonna get to hear this! then found this out, boy was I disappointed
Let me know if you can do this... If so, I'll send you my email address! Thanks, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

It's in the Megaupload link above, in .wmv format for a small file size. If you like it, I'll upload a full quality version for you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

It's in the Megaupload link above, in .wmv format for a small file size. If you like it, I'll upload a full quality version for you.

Hey! Sorry so long in my reply...

Got the dl! And you did a gr8 job at the mix! It's definitely got a new twist and the timing, beat etc. was down,. It was much better than what I was imagining it would be! .

Thank you for the kind offer for the full , but this is sufficient. Not to hurt your feelings or anything but for daily listening, I'd rather not play the "funked up" version of Radiohead when choiced with the real thing...if ya catch my drift.

Again, that was very interesting and a cool listen! I DO believe you have your "stuff" down.... and you sure can "get 'er done", can't you? I'm proud of ya!

Hey, used to mess around with FLStudio I believe the name was... Played around with the fruity loops , we called them... That was pretty fun... I just haven't MADE the time to mess around further with it. But composed a few songs with it in the past... Pretty wild stuff , you may be interested in that one ... just thought I would mention it!

Thanks again, my friend.
That was fun!
Oh , forgot to mention ... son said you did a gr8 job too! He has heard the ''funked up" versions of Radiohead before and I wasn't aware of that. but I had never heard of any..so it was definitely a treat.. Thank you.
He said you did an excellent job at it btw , and I think so too!

Keep keepin' on--
--- gettin' your 'freak on...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I so LOL'd at that last part.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
WARNING!!!!

If you don't want to get your funk on, DO NOT WATCH my Saturday Night Livestream Party Mix! This old "Redneck" is laying it down hot and heavy each and every Saturday night, worldwide and all the way live from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m.

Bookmark it and be there!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OC, it AMAZES me how similar we really are. Ya, I dug it the most. I did some DJing myself at the start of the rave scene in early 90s.

Great mix, BTW, and as always,
Semper Fi.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oc, just listened to it again, and Yes, you still got yer chops! I just realized that i was working on another chapter of my project and my CRD butt was dancing. Not all of me, but the butt. That is a sincere compliment in the most bizarre verbiage you will ever get from me, so cherish it.

Oh yeah CRD- Acronym for Caucasian Rhythm deficiency...

Just a little DJ Humor.

I need more to combat the crochetyoldmanitis im suffering from

top topics

join