It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swissair crash may not have been an accident: ex-RCMP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

An investigator looking into the crash of Swissair Flight 111 near Peggys Cove, N.S., says he was prevented by senior RCMP and aviation safety officials from pursuing his theory that an incendiary device might have been the cause.

"There was sufficient grounds to suspect a criminal device on that plane," retired RCMP sergeant Tom Juby, who was an arson investigator assigned to the Swissair file, told CBC's The Fifth Estate.

"I'm convinced that the investigation was improperly done," he said.

The flight from New York to Geneva crashed into the Atlantic Ocean on Sept. 2, 1998, killing 229 passengers and crew. The plane carried a Saudi prince, a relative of the former shah of Iran and high profile UN officials. A half a billion dollars of diamonds and gems were also never found.

The Transportation Safety Board (TSB) of Canada said that it was an accident caused by a fire in the cockpit, likely sparked by an electrical fault.

But Juby said high levels of magnesium — a key ingredient in an incendiary device — were discovered in the cockpit area. Several other investigators and a federal scientist who The Fifth Estate spoke to supported Juby's informed suspicions.

Interesting, we have a retired RCMP sergeant who says he was prevented by senior RCMP and aviation safety from properly investigating the crash. They found high levels of magnesium, which could be indicative of an incendiary device.

Juby said the RCMP did not support his findings and that he was pressured to stop his own inquiries. He said the RCMP brass ordered him to remove any reference to magnesium or a suspected bomb from his investigative notes.

Interesting. A Saudi prince, a relative of the former shah of Iran, and high profile UN officials all died on this flight.

Any thoughts?

Source

edit on 15-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: forgot to link to source

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

why tho?
was anyone important on it?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

why tho?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Interesting. A Saudi prince, a relative of the former shah of Iran, and high profile UN officials all died on this flight.

Any thoughts?

I have been to the crash site in NS...very sobering experience.
My first thought, though? Cui Bono?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

The plane carried a Saudi prince, a relative of the former shah of Iran and high profile UN officials.

Fairly important I'd say. As for why, no clue, don't really know much more than what is in that article so it's hard to say. I just find it interesting that they found something questionable that SHOULD have been thoroughly investigated, instead it was blocked and for all intents and purposes, redacted.

Saudi royalty. Prince Bandar al-Saud was one of the richest men in the world and had been involved in some of the blackest operations that the CIA ever dealt with, including the Iran-Contra drug smuggling from the Golden triangle, the sale of chemical weapons to Iraq, the savings and loans swindle of drugs through Mena, Arkansas as well as the Bush and Clinton administrations. The Saudi prince was one of 229 people aboard Swissair 111 that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Halifax on September 2, 1998.

Source

Very interesting. Of course this happened years before 911 but pages and pages were redacted about Saudi Involvement. Could this, and I'm stretching, be the beginning of "cleaning house" before the operation went live?

someone was bound to say it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
!!!
All that loss of life---
And a half a BILLION dollars of diamonds and gems missing-- holAY
Smoking guns!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

haha well ok then i wouldnt really doubt it then

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this. This is how a courageous if ineffective whistleblower behaves exactly -- they immediately start telling everyone they can, they don't wait 25 years and then make a few random youtube videos about their experience.

Well, that or the RCMP doesn't scare anybody very much. "Don't talk about that, or else, uh -- no Tim's for you!"

Edit: Just saw, through bleary morning eyes, that the crash happened in 1998. Still, it sounds like he started talking as soon as he retired, and I imagine he's not kept it tightly under his hat much since it happened.
edit on 15-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my new religion

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This was a tragedy. Nova Scotia is my home and to think that some sort of 'attack' could have happened in our skies is definatly concerning me.

I was only a boy at that time, but i've been to the memorial a few times (i like going down to the shore rocks).

Perhaps said diamonds are washing up on shore and no one knows it, or recovered and stolen. Who knows.

But if it was some sort of attack, killing 227 for the death of 1 is well, horrendous.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Now I know where to get hold of some diamonds

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Still, it sounds like he started talking as soon as he retired, and I imagine he's not kept it tightly under his hat much since it happened.

Indeed he started speaking up instantly, but it took awhile for anyone to notice, think it was the fifth estate that finally got it truly public.

they actually removed any traces of the magnesium found and the questions it raised from the initial investigation report. That, my friends, is extremely questionable.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are a couple things that bother me about this story.

1) At the actual time of the disaster there was no mention about UN officials, relatives of the Shah or Arab princes...the plane was full of European's returning home. This is a new development in this story.

2) It was 100 million in diamonds.

I live in this region and have been to Peggy's Cove countless times...where this was in my backyard I payed close attention to it.

I have serious questions about why this story has changed all of a sudden. If anyone has doubts, there was an episode of Mayday regarding the event.

100 million and nobody of significance.

Something is wrong here. I have to wonder if the entire point of this story is to release the revised information under the cover of this supposed bombing.

edit on 15-9-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
When this happened, I was at diving school and a few divers I know participated in the recovery operation.They told me a few intereting things.

- There were a lot of plain cloth police man that were searching all the divers coming out of the water. Most were not canadian and showed no identifications.

- Money was litterally floating everywhere. By that I mean that there was US money floating over the wreakage and in it.

- I've also heard that the crash site is a zone where you can't anchor your boat, so no diving on it now. 180 feet deep in the ocean is not beyond the realm of the experienced advanced diver, so if there was really 100 million worth of diamond on the plane it would make a salvage and recovery operation economicaly viable.

I realise that this is not direct evidence but I believe those that told me those info. Waiting to watch the show on friday.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey! That by any chance wasnt the prince that was so close to the bush family they called him "uncle Bandy"?
I do know that a Saudi by that name was thick with them both.
Ever since Arbusto oil days matter of fact........Id bet it was a definate murder if he was the saudi aboard.
As to the diamonds well....thats worth killing a few over too, but uncle Bandy was a prime criminal suspect and knew where a lot of skeletons were buried..........................This is starting to stink really bad!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It is interesting that the story has changed, of course all of us are never privy to what really happens, when it happens. However, this kind of event happens all the time.

On November 28, 1987, the Chief of CI was to return on the Helderberg with 18kgs of highly enriched p239 for a special weapons project and 2kgs of Ammonium Perchlorate for replication by two chemical/munitions companies in South Africa. He didn't board on the advice of a close op, but the materials were loaded in the presence of both US (prc) and South African military attaches. The plane blew up about 135nm NE off the coast of Mauritius and conveniently dropped into 4500 meters of water making recovery, err more than difficult/expensive. On the plane was also TB Osler an MI/CI "handler" and another man who was involved with an electronics company and the Israelis in developing the false VOR beacon that forced the crash of Samora Machel's plane in October, 1986. Hmmm, just too many sweet targets to let that one go eh?

Then on December 21, 1988, after the US organized the deal to re-arm Saddam so that he could invade Kuwait (I saw the waybills in August, 1988), we have Pan Am 103. Originally, Brent Carlssen the UN Commissioner for Namibia (SWA originally) was to fly on Pan Am 101 but was held up by Oppenheimer (a Rothschild, deBeers, Anglo-American, Rand, etc) because Brent had the audacity to call Oppenheimer out on UK television about Oppenheimer's future plans to rape Namibian resources. Pik Botha, Magnus Malan and others in the government minister's parties (22 in total) were to fly on Pan Am 103. Miraculously, 6 seats opened up on Pan Am 101, Pik, Magnus and four others flew to the US for the UN meeting, the other 16 were sent back to South Africa. Brent, being delayed by Oppenheimer ended up on Pan Am 103. Can you say boom? Sure knew ya could. The amount of Oppenheimer business that was involved in Namibia was worth between 5 and 10 billion dollars, so I guess Pan Am 103 was a small price to pay?

Sabina Airlines, October 15, 1990... I was heading back to Toronto Canada after escaping South Africa and the military. The Canadian Ambassador, Adrian Brazeau, knowing I was on a hit list, through negligence and apathy or maybe a plan, put my entire family in harms way. He told my wife and myself in front of my kids that the only way he would get them out of the country was if I was dead first. I bought tickets on the QT and left SA about 14 hours later with some help from a couple of MI guys I could trust. Airport security in Brussels (our connecting flight) detected problems with passenger baggage, meaning baggage but no passenger and promptly removed the two suitcases which were "sniffed" on removal and found to contain nitrates, a pair of bombs. The bomb squad people were called in and I watched them remove the two suitcases and empty all the luggage from the plane, check it and reload it. We were delayed two and a half hours and ended up going to Logan in Boston and another connecting flight instead of straight to Toronto.

When the same "dirty tricks" work over and over again and they aren't investigated properly because the perps have control of the investigation, you have to know, this is going to continue.

Sometimes bombs are caught but most times they are not. But, I have been involved as I said above in an incident directly where I was the target, I knew way too much because of my position and involvement with the SADF, Armscor, QMG and CI. With the Helderberg, the Chief of CI was transporting materials for MY special weapons project (which really bothers me as I told him to move the materials by ship or military cargo plane) as well as materials for the accelerated SAMS project. Pan Am 103 was supposed to have two of my "bosses" on it, but they ended up on Pan Am 101, I didn't know Brent, only of him.

It's not a nice world out there especially if you're involved in weapons programs or covert ops. Innocent people die and in the PTB's view they are simply considered acceptable losses or collateral damage. As soon as we are no longer useful or develop a conscience and turn on them, we change from asset to a liability. This trend will continue until the "planners" and the "handlers" are removed from power.

Cheers - Dave

EDIT - One other thing I should also mention concerning the RCMP investigator for the SwissAir crash. If there is any political or Canadian involvement or knowledge, CSIS will block all attempts at further investigation and the transfer of evidence. I know this, as an investigator from the National Prosecuting Authority division the "Scorpions" in South Africa was coming to see me on June 5, 2007 concerning my evidence and affidavits for the Helderberg catastrophe to try to formally re-open the investigation. The investigator was blocked from obtaining the evidence and affidavits by both the ANC in South Africa and CSIS in Canada. The reason for the block on the Canadian side is well stated in the regulatory statutes that were quoted on the CSIS response to my FOIA request on myself. The reasons for the ANC blocking is because responsibility for the crash lay with the ANC (very probably Mandela), the UN and the IMF (Rothschild/Oppenheimer).
edit on 9/15.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: forgot two words and added an edit

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

How can you mix Prince Bandar Bin Saud bin Saad Abdul Rahman al-Saud (the one who died in the crash) with Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud (a.k.a. Bandar Bush)
The two names are way different ;-)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The diamonds weren't exactly just diamonds. The plane was carrying exactly 1 item. It was a diamond encrusted cultural artifact from the "Nature of Diamonds" exhibit at the Museum of Natural History in New York. It was on lend to the museum and was being returned at the time of the loss. It's estimated value was about $100 million.

The saudi prince in question was a nobody. His name was Prince Bandar bin Saud bin Saad bin Abdulrahman. There are literally thousands of princes in Saudi Arabia. This particular prince was one of 37 in his family. He was not in line for succession. He had no control of any important assets like oil. He was just a dude with a title and money.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

The saudi prince in question was a nobody. His name was Prince Bandar bin Saud bin Saad bin Abdulrahman. There are literally thousands of princes in Saudi Arabia. This particular prince was one of 37 in his family. He was not in line for succession. He had no control of any important assets like oil. He was just a dude with a title and money.

Apparently his unimportance is up for debate. granted, I have no clue where the article I clipped this from got their information, and in no way endorse it as 100% accurate, it's the first little tidbit of info I could find on the guy.

Saudi royalty. Prince Bandar al-Saud was one of the richest men in the world and had been involved in some of the blackest operations that the CIA ever dealt with, including the Iran-Contra drug smuggling from the Golden triangle, the sale of chemical weapons to Iraq, the savings and loans swindle of drugs through Mena, Arkansas as well as the Bush and Clinton administrations.

The diamonds weren't exactly just diamonds. The plane was carrying exactly 1 item. It was a diamond encrusted cultural artifact from the "Nature of Diamonds" exhibit at the Museum of Natural History in New York. It was on lend to the museum and was being returned at the time of the loss. It's estimated value was about $100 million.

hmm that's quite interesting considering this:

The cargo included diamonds whose weight, including cases, was more than 4 pounds nearly 110 pounds of cash, and gold, an airline spokesman said. The money was being sent from a U.S. bank to another U.S. bank in Switzerland inside a safe. The plane was also carrying a locked box possibly containing millions of dollars in currency and gold, the airline said. The Picasso work, titled, The Painter, was housed in a normal freight container and is presumed destroyed, the airline said.

Source

not to sound like a jerk or anything, but that sounds like more than "exactly 1 item". In fact, no where can i find mention of a massive super diamond, but all articles clearly states DIAMONDS (plural) as well as cash, gold, a Picasso, and god knows what else.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

There's always an agenda ;-) Whether the targets are human or materials or currency. However, the more targets there are the greater the initiative with less concern about collateral damage and of course, the sweeter the deal (reason).

Planes are pretty reliable these days, they're checked constantly, so a failure is unlikely. Best thing to do is add up the targets on any crashes/explosions and look at the possible reasons as to why the material had to be lost or certain people had to be killed. The sketchier the official story, the more likely that the hypothesis is actually reality.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/15.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The diamond source is right here:

www.nytimes.com...

<<   2 >>

join