It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idiot Abroad plus Life's Too Short

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The idiot with a head like an orange is back!!!! You either love him or hate him, he is human Marmite.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Karl Pilkington is so funny.
Do kinda question his stupidity sometimes (is he putting it on) but whatever it makes for great viewing.
Just his narrow minded opinians make it, it's kind of like the most realistic travel show on TV, it shows the good and bad things of some places.

Cna't wait for series 2.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Karl Pilkington is so funny.
Do kinda question his stupidity sometimes (is he putting it on)

I agree I do think he plays to the audience a fair bit... But he is still hilarious! Its the bits where you know he's really pissed off that are the funniest

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
what i really want to know is he real or a character? i was listening to them for years on the podcast and i always thought he was genuine.. but over the last few years im not so sure.. if anything he definitely plays on it..

either way.. he is still damn funny and it is comedy genius..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I did the same thing, I listened for years honestly believing but when the series came out..... I did start to doubt. Might just be the skeptic in me but I did feel differently about him after the tv series...

I think now that he is probably a genuine character but plays to the crowd

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I honestly still think he's genuine. He seems more like the kind of down to earth guy that would say the things he does about the world, definitely far funnier than Ricky could ever be.

Series 2 starts Friday September 23rd in the UK. Can't wait.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I just recently watched all of the first series on DVD over 2 nights... found it hilarious.
Really very funny and as others have said, it's when he's pissed off or scared that it's funniest.

He has all these amazing opportunities and is going places and doing things most people wont ever get to do... and he just moans, it's very funny.

I also think he's putting it on a bit too, but still funny.

I LOVED the bit about the nice cave and the crap cave.... better to be in the crap cave and get to look at the nice cave when you;re sat in the crap one.

genius

edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I just recently watched all of the first series on DVD over 2 nights... found it hilarious.
Really very funny and as others have said, it's when he's pissed off or scared that it's funniest.

He has all these amazing opportunities and is going places and doing things most people wont ever get to do... and he just moans, it's very funny.

I also think he's putting it on a bit too, but still funny.

I LOVED the bit about the nice cave and the crap cave.... better to be in the crap cave and get to look at the nice cave when you;re sat in the crap one.

genius

edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

that's good movie to watch.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This show keeps me laughing. I totally love it.

top topics

join