It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Terrorist Style Bathroom Break passenger", may sue for civil rights violation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yeah, the 9/11 American airline "bathroom break" incident may bring out some law sues, at least for the one passenger that was seating between the two gentlemen that were "suspiciously" getting too many bathroom brakes.

An Ohio woman who was one of three people taken off an airplane at Detroit's airport and questioned on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks says she was shocked when armed officers stopped at her row and ordered her off.

Shoshana Hebshi, 35, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Tuesday that she believes she was targeted because of her Middle Eastern appearance. Hebshi, who describes herself as half-Arabic, half-Jewish with a dark complexion, said she endured nearly four hours in police custody that included being forced off an airplane in handcuffs, strip-searched and interrogated.

She claims not knowing the two men, seating next to her, while she noticed that one was obviously sick and left to the restroom, she wasn't paying attending to the other one that also visited the restroom.

The two men were not in the same restroom at the same time.

Hebshi, a freelance writer, editor and stay-at-home mother of twin six-year-old boys who lives in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio. "I was minding my own business — sleeping, reading, playing on my phone."

She is now meeting with civil right groups because she feels her appearances may be linked to her ordeal.

I say good for her and I hope she sue the hell out of the Airline and the TSA.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I guess if you have chrones disease you might be a terrorist. There would have been nothing done if these had been white people getting up and going to the bathroom. Its absolutely crazy!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77

I guess if you have chrones disease you might be a terrorist. There would have been nothing done if these had been white people getting up and going to the bathroom. Its absolutely crazy!

This is a purely untrue statement. White people are getting harassed all the time because WHITE people have the least rights. Every group from Muslims to Women feminists to Gays have some sort of protection based rights movement. The common white middle aged man has zero leg to stand on when harassed like this woman.

Unfortunately, if you are a Muslim and look like a 2001 Terrorist you will be profiled like that. At the moment it just so happens that a lot of major terrorists are Islamic and have middle eastern looks. If serious Muslim leaders got a grip of their Islamic terrorists and taught them there is no place for violence ever then the rest of the world may have some sympathy. I am not saying it is right but in today's world most of the middle east is involved in some sort of terrorist activity either at home or abroad.

Just like in the 80's and 90's when in the UK the main terrorists look and sound was Irish accented people because of the IRA.

It swings in roundabouts.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I'm not saying that whites are not harrased or that some people of different races use the racist card to the point of overkilll. What I am saying is that in this situation that if it was 3 white people sitting there and one of them had tummy trouble there would not have been some fool going oh they used the bathroom more than once they must be terrorist! It was an extreme over reaction to a upset stomach!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77
reply to post by Six6Six

~snip~

What I am saying is that in this situation that if it was 3 white people sitting there and one of them had tummy trouble there would not have been some fool going oh they used the bathroom more than once they must be terrorist!

~snip~

But, but, but......if we SEE something, we're supposed to SAY something, I saw so on TV! It MIGHT be nothing, but then again, it could be SOMETHING!

(you're right though, it wouldn't have happened were they white

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Interesting, the Lady in the story Hebshi, say that she was just sitting between the two male passengers that she described as "Indian" looking, she didn't nothing anything wrong with their behavior, but the tip from other "passengers describe her and the two men as "doing" suspicious things.

I would find out who the paranoid leaches are and sue them too.

Still Hebshi got the strip search was by the airport security, (big law sue there) the FBI was not involved, they said they never ordered any arrest and neither strip search.

Airport police are under the supervision of the Wayne County Airport Authority, which operates Detroit Metropolitan Airport. In an email to the AP, agency spokesman Scott Wintner said airport police "responded appropriately by following protocol and treating everyone involved with respect and dignity. "

Wintner said the decision on how to respond was a call made by the Airport Authority's CEO, who he said is Arab-American.

So now the airport security is covering their forstrip search because their CEO is ARAB?

What the hell,

"I can understand they were just doing their job," she told the AP. "My beef is with these laws and regulations that are so hypersensitive. ... Even if you're an innocent bystander, you have no rights."

I hope she takes this to the end, but as usual she will be "compensated" with the right amount of money to keep her mouth shot.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

How can they strip search someone when there not the police or fbi and she wasn't under arrest! That just blows my mind. It would be like my mailman going I saw you checking your mailbox 6 times today I think you might be a terrorist so take off your clothes. What the hell?!?!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

I believe that from that strip search without the "proper authorities" she is going to base her possible civil sue, I would have done the same thing too.

new topics

top topics

join