It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whole world recorded seismic activity 9th Sept ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers,

I will give this thread thing a go, if someone has posted this already, my bad :-) do what needs to be done with the thread.

Whilst doing a bit of research into the latest quakes I came across the following video:

Source site used in the video.

For though who do not wish to or cannot view the video, what we have here is a YouTube user claiming that the whole world recorded a seismic activity between the 20:00 hour and the 21:00 hour of September 9, 2011

Now not being very educated regarding seismic activities around the world, and with the video using a site that seems to be legit, I was wondering is this normal? Does it happen often? Also what would cause such an effect worldwide?

Also if this was not normal and has not already been posted on ATS, whats the story here?, I know there are many on here which follow these things so i would be intrested in there input.

With the CME’s coming our way over the last few day was wondering if there was a connection, though the video is dated the 10th sept, the user references the 9th sept, and from my understanding the CME’s were not due to hit us until the 10th or around about.

Anyway this is more of a post to try and help me with my research and pull upon the help of ATSers which know more about these things.

Hopefully I have brought some new interesting information to light to some if not hopefully I learn something :-)

Peace.

edit on 11/9/2011 by TheDon because: to add source site used in video

edit on 11/9/2011 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't know, but there has been a lot of small quakes the past few days....a couple of hours ago Texas had a 4.4

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I follow the quake watch as well, but this video and info just seemed out there, i dont think they are quakes just movment between certain hours in alot of places, i wont say worldwide, but alot of stations.

Intresting for sure i think, if it is not normal.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i remember after the japan quake. all the seismographs were like solid black almost everywhere

(for comparison)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

Yeah....just hype I think. There has been quite a few small quakes, but nothing like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

So are you implying that after every major quake we would see this pattern between a certain time period worldwide?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

But still is this normal to see this kind of activity on a large scale at many satations world wide between a certain time? is this what is called hype in this field of research?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here is the US server you can look at yourself,

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Here is another one that shows other places:

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I had also looked at these pages 4 hours ago...they were pretty quite then as well...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Earth is constantly creaking and groaning. There is always some trembling somewhere. Unfortunately, for some reason I cannot get the audio on this video, but judging by this YouTube user's posting history, it is just more ill informed fearmongering.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well without the audio, you can see from the graphs thre are a number of cities covered, and since i have listened to the audio many cities are covered in the video.

Not really intrested in the YouTuber user, more in the information he presented and if what he claims is normal.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I have looked at the site as well, i updated my OP with the source link from the video, as you are aware this information on the page is updated every 30 mins so the link really is not relevant now, as I stated this seemed to have taken place on the 9th Sept.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

Oh, I apologize! I thought it was stating it was from this morning - 9/11

I should learn not to post before my 2nd cup of coffee.

There are plenty of days, when larger quakes hit (some where), that the graphs are showing very high activity. That I have noticed for quite some time now. I look at those pages a couple times a day. And yes, there are many times that they are all showing lots of activity.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

I really don't know for sure as I'm just learning about all this.....I wasn't referring to you as hype, just the youtube person.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

No problem,

so you are saying this is normal what the youtuber is reporting? that we can expect to see seismic activity at every city listed on the site between a 1 hour period?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by TheDon

I really don't know for sure as I'm just learning about all this.....I wasn't referring to you as hype, just the youtube person.

I did not read what you were saying as hype towards me

Like you I am learning, I just found this intresting due to the scale the youtuber was reporting, not knowing about this were better place to ask. Especially with everythingf what is going on at the moment.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

I do remember this after the Japan quake, as the other poster said....maybe it is some kind of glitch? Hopefully, WestCoast or Puterman will visit your thread....they would probably know.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here is a video he posted 1½ before which he plotted into google maps:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As far as I know, this is normal. Large-ish earthquakes are always picked up worldwide as the waves travel through Earth. When really big quakes like Japan, Banda Aceh, Chile etc happen, they can be picked up by the same seismos multiple times as the waves reverberate around the globe more than once.

The interesting thing is that SpaceWeather.com is reporting:

Earth's magnetic field is still reverberating from the impact of a CME on Sept. 9th with intermittant (sic) geomagnetic storms in progress around both poles.

What happened is midweek last week a sunspot had released multiple solar flares and ensuing CMEs directed at Earth. Some people speculate that the arrival of the CME will often (but not always) coincide with increased earthquake activity. Because no direct link is proven, the pure science debunkers hate that theory because it is a bit abstract and the correlation is loose.

In any event, I think the vid is of the seismos picking up the reverberation of the 6.7 that hit off of Vancouver Island on the 9th. This would be normal.

The seismos may also be detecting the CME hitting the magnetic field but that does not make much sense to me.

Either way, I find it awfully compelling that the CME from a large solar flare hit Earth at about the exact time a 6.7 earthquake hit Vancouver - but again, pure science debunkers will be the first to argue that this is a coincidence (again) and correlation does not equal causation, which is a valid counter-argument.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Thanks for your input.

That was what I was wondering regarding the CME, if there was a connection, and what was actually reported on SpaceWeather was actually what in the end led me to the youtube video that i posted. I was aware of the quake but did not know that one would see the effects registered worldwide withon a one hour period.

new topics

top topics

join