It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Television Watching You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think the time has come to disrobe in front of your tv. What do you say?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think the time has come to disrobe in front of your tv. What do you say?

Yuo would be surprised what a live TV person does when you do something weird!
Just try it..there are 2 channels in particular who are voyeurs....

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't think those female meteorologists or weather girls on the weather channel can see me that well. They just keep talking about the weather and it doesn't seem to matter what I'm wearing.
Of course though, I got satellite and no phone has ever been connected to the satellite box. I don't think any interactivity is possible without a connection going back.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Let me assure all of you, TV is a receive only device and so is your satellite dish. I've been a radio technician for over 30 years and transmitter circuitry is not included in any TV that I've heard of.

And if your satellite dish transmitted information, the receiving party would be flooded with info. And what if your dish wasn't aimed at the right satellite? You could wipe out the signals of another satellite! The LNA/LNB in your satellite is receive only.

Tivo and DirecTV would like you to plug a phone line into their components. That is how they get information on what you're watching. Simply keep the phone unplugged after your initial hookup and they get nothing.

Cable TV have limited bandwidth on their cables. A frequency being sent in one direction (to your TV) cannot be reused to send a signal in the other direction. When Cable Companies switched over to 2-way devices (mostly for internet), they had to add many amplifiers into their lines to support the higher frequencies above the TV band for this use. They have limited frequency capability and prefer data and data bursts such as internet use. This is why they don't want Servers on their Cable modems - you will use all the data bandwidth and stop all other users on that same cable feed.

There are ways to determine if you have a TV turned on and which channel you are watching but it requires someone to be sitting outside of your house to monitor the frequency of the Local Oscillator of the TV set.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Uhhhh hate to break this to you but Directv and Dish Network use One Way dishes. The LNB (Low Noise Blocker) ONLY receives, doesn't send. In order to order payperviews why else do you think you have to have a phone line in the satellite receiver? Oh also with Satellite you already are beamed "every channel" the provider offers, your "Satellite box" filters out what your allowed to watch.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by pill]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
While I was surfing, I found this thread again..
Seems ATS stays on the web forever.
Hope this one can be resurrected..
Doe this need to be sent to skunk works??

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like those weather girls are watching me. It doesn't bother me though. Logically speaking though, I believe they are probably watching the teleprompters that happen to be located in a position that makes you feel watched.
I actually prefer the weather girls appear to be paying attention to me rather than reading some bulletin staring off into space.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Sometimes I feel like those weather girls are watching me. It doesn't bother me though. Logically speaking though, I believe they are probably watching the teleprompters that happen to be located in a position that makes you feel watched.
I actually prefer the weather girls appear to be paying attention to me rather than reading some bulletin staring off into space.

Try this, after the election, I made some white signs that said spinning, shutup, and various hand signals like a thumbs up sign or one down..
and did a spinning with my fingers when it got too much.
Watch carefully, or parade around nude on WTC and Foxnews. and SNL.
The 'EYES do it from the moderators..let me know your results..

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
The 'EYES do it from the moderators..let me know your results..

I have seen the eyes follow me. I know it has to be my imagination though or that pesky little teleprompter. hmmm, maybe the weather girl is watching the cameraman, no one mentioned that one before. I guess the other possibility is that the weather girl is possessed or psychic and can somehow see you in your bedroom. It's scary thinking some pretty girl is watching you isn't it?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, since I am a female, I do not notice that.Maybe I need to dress 'butch' and then I can watch both at the same time..ROFL..
Sometimes I dress in a lot of leather, and look good, even if I do say so myself..
This will get them stammering their lines...I cannot view oprah anymore..
I am normal, not schizo, I just cannot relate why this is so hard for people to believe to as being a little known [unless you are looking for it] reality..
My tv does NOT tell me what to do..
BTW, if you try one of these options, the closer to the set you get, the better..

[edit on 30-10-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
your television can do more than watch you it can be used as a listening device if you are on satellite or cable,i have used the technology in surveillance of individuals,you must have co-operation of the companies involved though the way i did it was by anylising background noise with a phaeton system,which has a programme that tells you what the person is doing and where in the house,technology has come on leaps and bounds since then and i know a lot of people especially with questions about certain topics are being looked at by the new nazis as i call them.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadeknight
your television can do more than watch you it can be used as a listening device if you are on satellite or cable,i have used the technology in surveillance of individuals,you must have co-operation of the companies involved though the way i did it was by anylising background noise with a phaeton system,which has a programme that tells you what the person is doing and where in the house,technology has come on leaps and bounds since then and i know a lot of people especially with questions about certain topics are being looked at by the new nazis as i call them.

Thank you for that..in my experiences I must have been being watched for years, as when I began trance from the grays, I received a big package [unsolicited] from Dr Leo Sprinkle..He advised me to fill these out and return them, so that my sanity could not be questioned.
When he sent them back, it seems psychologically, I am fine, a tad aggressive, but totally a sane person
I started to wonder how he 'knew' of me and this was over 20 years ago..

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To be fair it's a lot different to them monitoring your internet use, because with a telly they're gonna go "oh he's interested in football, friends, and on one particularly boring afternoon he watched time team!"....

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Everyone sing: I got the feeling, somebody's watching me.....

I remember that song well. I just got cable, i suppose i better be careful how i lay on the bed (ahem)

After all that life has to dish out, i'm now going to worry about cable?

Really, Dont you need a television set that is new? If thats the case, mine is kind of old, so i should be all set.

*Reminder: Turn off the lights*

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Everyone sing: I got the feeling, somebody's watching me.....

I have no reason to think all the earth is being watched by TV, but those who have been doing the conspiracy-et-ufo thingie for over 15 years, you have been either chosen to be watched or that if there is no 'N'atl Security danger there, you will be taken off.
This is IMO only..

ed to shorten quote

[edit on 8-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, the fact that i post on ATS sure makes me a candidate for checking me out.

*Hopes that's not the case*

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well, the fact that i post on ATS sure makes me a candidate for checking me out.

*Hopes that's not the case*

Just go about you business as usual..

That is about all one can do, if it is not happening, then all the better..

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Did you know that even when your corded telephone is on the hook, it can be used as bugging device? Creepy, huh?

[edit on 2005/11/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepwaters
Could the federal government find out what you're watching on TV? Even if you're not the subject of a criminal investigation? If you're a satellite TV or TiVo owner, the answer is yes, according to legal experts and industry officials.

Well, I cant really say that they can look at what you have been watching, or what you are watching. I work in Telecommunications and have been enrolled into the National Cable Telecommunications Industry (N.C.T.I), and know alot of the stuff that can be done with cable boxes. Not everyone has digital cable, if any cable at all. So it would be impossible for this to happen anyway. I know that messaging and e-mail is possible with digital cable boxes, but now screen capture for the governement. If you knew all of the signals arriving at the MTC (Master Telecom Center), it would blow your mind. These systems use what we call QAM (a type of modulation) and QPSK (another type of modulation). This is for authenticity, IP address routing, PPV ordering, email, etc. So I highly doubt that there is a way that the government could "watch" what you are watching. But I can find out if it can work or not. After all, the cable running in your house is only a 76 Ohm resistor. Nothing else.

Ohh Qwas: Cable is now a 2-way system and is transferring throught the digital age. And there is no way, in any case that a Field Service Rep can view on a meter that the customer has their TV on, much less what channel they are watching. May be different with satellite though. But not with cable. Three important ingredients, dB, and dBmV, and just a little shot of 90 VAC.

[edit on 11/8/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Did you know that even when your corded telephone is on the hook, it can be used as bugging device? Creepy, huh?

[edit on 2005/11/8 by GradyPhilpott]

Oh yes, I have a voice activated recorder on my home phone and they carry on conversations with each other in code, pretending to be phone men,,for at least 10 years..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join