It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The owl' on one dollar bill?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Uh...how about you actually count the feathers on the wings of the eagle.

They add up to 27 and 30 or something like that...not 32 one side and 33 the other.

Which wouldn't matter anyways because the 33 degrees of the Scottish rite weren't "made" until by Pike in the 1800s and the 29 degrees in the scottish rite (exluing the honorary degree) were chosen from the some 60 odd points in history. The 29 being the most favored or such.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
excuse me, the stuff I said in my post before my last post, came from sites, I don't have dollar bills of my own unfortunatly.

The feather thing was only mentioned on one site, and the skull thing was somewhere on a forum. I'll try to look them up.

Ed/ Found a second site about the feather thing:

In the Great Seal of the United States, as pictured on the back of the one dollar bill, is an eagle whose right wing has 32 feathers, the number of ordinary degrees in Scottish Rite Freemasonry. The left wing has 33 feathers, the additional feather corresponding to the Thirty-Third Degree of the Scottish Rite conferred for outstanding Masonic service. The 9 feathers in the tail correspond to the nine degrees in the York Rite.

www.dagobertsrevenge.com.../dollar

I can't confirm anything

de demon thing:

It is on the reverse side of the 1 dollar bill. The green ink side. Where it says "ONE DOLLAR" along the bottom of the bill look inside the "O" of The word "ONE" . You will see a smiling demon or skeletal like face with all the features easily seen. I thought it was maybe a just an accident of the printing process, but I can see it on all my dollar bills ( 4 of them). Try to use a magnifying glass. But if your eyes are very good you should be able to make it out. No Joke!

pub5.ezboard.com...

maybe, maybe not?

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
ok, just counted the number of ACTUAL feathers myself.

yes 9 on the tail.

On the wings, there are 17+15 and 16+15 making for 32 one wing and 31 the other wing.

I too was off from my memory, but the numbers are still not right

Which wouldn't mater anyways because there were only 3 degrees in Masonry at the time of the creation of the seal.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
hey i see something smiling at me, but it is most likely just the web-like-design making it look like that.....

hey does anyone know who's eye they used to place above the pyramid??? Popular belief is that it's GW's. but if you look at his eyes on the other side and compare, you can clearly see it's NOT....

And how come when i try to ask common people (like in class or at work) about what they think the pyramid on the dollar represents, they just shrug and don't even care?!? I dont see how something EVERYONE has used/had/spends sparks NO interest in them whatsover....... hmmm

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I also like how you mentioned Fibonacci.

Keep Researching.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by EPLURIBUSUNUM]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

he also talked about how the washington monument is 555 1/5 ft tall and it's symbolism.

Actually, counting the 20% of the structure being underground you have 666...

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Owl and spider are the stuff of urban legend, with owl being the more favoured.
Allegedly, if you go to the top right hand "1" on the face -GW side - ( it's in a sort of shield) and look at the side of the "shield" there's a litle sort of "halo" shape and with a magnifying-glass, you will see -it is claimed- an owl.
I've never seen it and I've just looked at a dollar-bill and I still can't see it.
The 'spiders" are claimed to either side of "one dollar" at the bottom: about 1.5 cms form the letters on either side.
I gues an owl is pretty conventional for "wisdom": so if there is one there: it's not a great problem.
Have you ever noticed how the stars above the eagle make a star of David?
And the "Jesus on the pancakes" line was very funny.

It's there. The owl was a key symbol for the Bavarian Illuminati formed by Adam Weishaupt in 1776, coincidentally 1776 was also the year that work started on the design for the Great Seal of the United States.
Coindidence? I think not.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Job 8:14
Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust [shall be] a spider's web.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I also wondered why theres 13 stars, 13 arrows, 13 stripes, 13 olives, 13 leaves, 13pyramid steps, 13 letters in annuit coeptis, 13 letters in e pluribus unum, 13 characters in 'in god we trust 1', 13 symbolically as the number 1 with the word 'one' (3 letters) across it in each corner on the back, on each side of GW's pic, if you count the leaves and the olives 2gether, there's 13 on each side. what is 13?

Isis, 13 is the Sun, it is the number of "God's Sun", the "eye" above the pyramid (pyra mid - fire in the middle) is the Sun.

The presentation at www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com... explains it really well.

btw, the UN symbol with the 33rd segment in the middle is similar to this.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
its an owl, check this out.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I also wondered why theres 13 stars, 13 arrows, 13 stripes, 13 olives, 13 leaves, 13pyramid steps, 13 letters in annuit coeptis, 13 letters in e pluribus unum, 13 characters in 'in god we trust 1', 13 symbolically as the number 1 with the word 'one' (3 letters) across it in each corner on the back, on each side of GW's pic, if you count the leaves and the olives 2gether, there's 13 on each side. what is 13?

It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that there were originally 13 colonies in the United States, eh?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
more fun owl stuff

homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Referring to "information" on this website:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Wait -- Minerva is the Whore of Babylon???

The Roman godess of wisdom? Athena? The Babylonians didn't even have a version of this goddess. Weird that she would be the "whore" of Babylon.

BTW, Minerva was considered to be a virgin. Guess she was "saving it" for Babylon, eh?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
grr edit!

[edit on 24-8-2004 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ever seen the hitch-hiker on the $10 dollar bill? Look real close, right there. Don't see him? Ooops he must have got a ride.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You know what's weird!! At two diffrent Wendy's I've seen wooden owls near the drive through. I know dave thomas was a Mason but what does that have to do with the owl. I stay in D.C so that also might have something to do with it. Just a note

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Owls have nothing to do with Masonry... it is not a symbol used in our ritual or teachings. The owls you see at Wendys are placed there in the belief that they will drive off the flying rats... uh, pigeons, and other birds.

But yes, Dave Thomas was a brother, and a real good man.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The owls you see at Wendys are placed there in the belief that they will drive off the flying rats... uh, pigeons, and other birds.

This is correct, it's used in many places for this purpose....as well as mice, etc.

However, the owl DOES have some significance to the Illuminati, etc. The eye on the pyramid on the dollar is the Eye of Horus, an Egyptian god of knowledge and insight. Horus has the head of (any guesses?)....an owl

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
for those that dont already know the yard around the capitol building in DC looks like a owl from air. it is because of the shape of the walkways around the yard.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
However, the owl DOES have some significance to the Illuminati, etc. The eye on the pyramid on the dollar is the Eye of Horus, an Egyptian god of knowledge and insight. Horus has the head of (any guesses?)....an owl

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Gazrok]

I am afraid you are incorrect, sir. Horus had the head of an eagle or falcon. Also, the eye of Horus looks like this:
. As you can see, the eye of Horus is not surrounded by a triangle (as is the explicitly Christian eye of Providence on the Dollar Bill (the triange signifies the Christian trinity)), and is also different in form from the "eye" part of the eye of Providence (the Eye of Horus has a specific, 'R'-like shape).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join