It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turned in my Cable Box - Now how will I ever get the "News"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Who needs the MSM to get the news? Nobody! Free To Air Satellite

1000's of channels free with no monthly fees.

For the cost of the equipment, you can not only get the news, but the cameras are rolling long before, and long after the reporters live shots.

Ride along with the helicopters, stand around with bored newscasters, or get international news 24/7 from lots of sources. See the whole car chase, and not just the crash at the end.

Last week, I was playing around with some video software out of boredom, and threw together a 3 minute clip of, well, nothing really, but you can get some idea here of what you might see.

Endless hours of live news-feeds makes for great entertainment... I consider it one of the best investments I ever made.

The main stream media doesn't get to pick and choose what 20 second clip you get to see.

The box I have now I bought over 10 years ago, and haven't put a single penny into it since.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I see you did not list it, and perhaps you don't care or are not interested, but may I ask? In your discovery of all the places to draw from tv through the internet, have you seen somewhere where I can get sports? AMerican football? Thanks!

CJ

We watch sports on my sons xbox 360 with espn. I think you get it with the xbox gold plan for $9 a month.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Great, now I have to buy the x-box
Thanks for that information though! ESPN for $9 - please be the wave of the future - CABLE AND DTV!!! Hear us! Your baloney paradigm wont stand! I don't want 249 channels I will never look at!

CJ

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Who needs the MSM to get the news? Nobody! Free To Air Satellite

1000's of channels free with no monthly fees.

This is very cool indeed, very interested. I've got a neighbor who had 5 or 6 dishes that he no longer uses so maybe I can convince him to sell em off cheap.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hulu.com has a good selection of movies and tv shows on the net. You may also want to try a free program called XBMC. It is associated with the xbox but the software will work on a pc very well. Within the program there are about thirty or more feeds of popular tv channels and internet sites that you can stream.
It also will serve as a media player and organizer for video and audio files on your computer. It's a nice program needs a little work to configure but well worth the trouble

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
you are best off without it... use twitter feeds to get the news you are interested in off sites you trust...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We use newsgroups to download what we want quickly. Costs about $13 a month and has much more than just TV but I think it applies here somewhat. We have a program call SABnzbd that you program to automatically download all the shows you want and they are there waiting for you when you want them. It's just great. We get the Daily show with it but I haven't really seen anyone putting up news broadcasts...probably because there isn't much of a demand for it in this way.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

If you have a console (WII, Playstation 3, or XBOX 360) you can use some excellent software that you install on your computer called PlayOn. I've been using it for several years and its completely replaced my need for any sort of TV. It has news, weather, sports, and all the same TV shows and movies you get on regular cable + more. Its reasonably priced and there is a few week trial to see if you like it. The real gold is in the user created plugins for sites like icefilms, movies2k, tvlinks, etc. I cut the cord and have been happy ever since.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Found rentadrone.org through justin.tv, seems like a constant feed of whatever, which is what I was looking for, here's the Fox channel

www.rentadrone.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

but my computer is hooked up to my tv, if i didnt have a computer i wouldent be able to use the internet!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join