It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo 17 "Hand Job" - "More evidence of the Apollo lies"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A new video from LunaCognita presents evidence that may show some of the pictures from Apollo 17 taken during the trans-Earth coast and after splash down are not authentic and could be from pre-mission simulations. The spacesuit EVA gloves used by the Apollo astronauts caused severe wounds to their hands and of the many images that were released to the public it appears as if only two images show any signs of the documented injuries. I believe the Apollo astronauts did go to and land on the Moon but since the missions were really for the DoD, I think the story has more than one face and the general public has never been told the whole truth about what really happened during the historic missions to the Moon.

Watch the video and let me know what you think about these image discrepancies.

"NASA's Apollo 17 "Hand Job" - More evidence of the Apollo lies"

In this presentation, we will be taking a comprehensive look at an evidence contradiction from the Apollo 17 mission. Specifically, the discrepancies in NASA's Apollo 17 mission archives highlighted here are related to the hand and finger injuries that astronauts Cernan and Schmitt suffered during their 22 hours and 4 minutes of EVAs outside on the lunar surface.

We begin here by first examining the official NASA archive evidence from Apollo 17 (evidence recorded both during and after the mission) to conclusively demonstrate that the idea of "significant hand trauma" suffered by the Apollo moonwalkers due to the design limitations of their EV pressure gloves was most definitely a very serious and recognized problem that could not be avoided. That evidence is important to appreciate because it clearly establishes both the legitimacy and severity of the declared hand and finger trauma that Apollo 17 astronauts Cernan and Schmitt both extensively admit to suffering from.

The presentation then moves on to more closely examining the discrepancies between what the official historical record tells us happened to Cernan and Schmitt's hands during the mission versus what we see (or rather, do not see) in the available mission archive image evidence. As this examination will show you, the descriptive testimony from Cernan and Schmitt regarding their hand and finger trauma simply does not appear to match the official NASA photographic public archive evidence from their mission.

There's more to read under the video on the youtube page - link - www.youtube.com...

Post-Flight crew image S72-56081 aboard the USS Ticonderoga,
showing Schmitt's blackened fingernails. (Enhanced images from LunaCognita)

NASA photo S72-56081 shows the crew preparing to cut a cake aboard the recovery carrier, Ticonderoga. Note the blood under the nails of Jack's middle and ring fingers.

link to original image - next.nasa.gov...

next.nasa.gov...

A detail from NASA photo 72-H-1561 taken on-board Ticonderoga shows signs of bleeding under the nail of the little finger on Gene's right hand and, possibly, under the nail on the middle finger.

image link - next.nasa.gov...
image link - next.nasa.gov...

next.nasa.gov...

edit on 4-9-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
They had to name the title "Hand Job"?

sorry but LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
fingernails ? we're talkin bout fingernails now ? the main problem with the whole video is all the pics look like PR photo ops, and there is just no way of telling the time line. and photos could be altered in the 60's, advertisers did it all the time. heck, stalin used to airbrush people out of pics he didn't like in the 40's

sorry, I'm not taking the guys word for it

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow, if these pictures are really taken after all of the alleged abuse of their hands then it is quite astounding. I am almost at a loss of words.

How does one prove these pictures are indeed in the order claimed?
edit on 4-9-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i like how every moon pic is blurred

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
i like how every moon pic is blurred

Put on your glasses and try again.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is the furthest reach to try to prove something that happened didn't. I'm not even going to engage this one.

Amazing how these topics come up very late in the evening at EST.

I could start a more serious thread about that with more proven validity.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Lunacognita's videos are awesome. Please respond with some half-way intelligent comments or just go away!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
william l brians 2 wrote a good book on nasa & the moonlandings for all those non tech people its called MOONGATE interesting read for those wanting to know more

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The fingernail pics look like obvious photo manipulation, the black and brown nail colors are not even the same pixels as the hands. The photos look doctored to me.

I don't believe NASA is telling us even 2% of the truth of what they know and what they do and have done.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

sry they are like totally sweet

better ?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
NASA lying to the public? No way. It's NASA!

Something is rotton with the Apollo missions and i can't get the smell out of my nose.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

How does one prove these pictures are indeed in the order claimed?

Good question and this photo index should help

Official Apollo 17 Photo Index
link - www.hq.nasa.gov...

quote from LunaCognita...

"In that photo index (it is a PDF), you will see that they list the "mission activity" description for each and every image. The letters "TEC" stand for Trans-Earth Coast, which was the segment of the mission when they were "coasting" back to Earth for splashdown. Basically, "TEC" is the "return leg" of the journey, and all those 35mm frames were shot during TEC, after the hand damage had been done."

edit on 4-9-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Great video lunacognita.

When it starts off I'm thinking, "those poor guys and their poor hands" but end up thinking "those sneaky sons of censored" ....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Oh luna you've done it again!
5 stars!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I think your assumption of many faces of the apollo missions is spot on. Im sure we went there. but we have never seen the real footage.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

LUNA COGNITA STRIKES AGAIN!

S&F, easynow!

But I'm still waiting Luna Cognita on Mars......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for sharing that easynow.

Has anyone ever held a nail with their thumb and forefinger and then missed the nail with the hammer and hit their finger or thumb instead? I don't recommend it, since it's painful, but it has happened to me.

But if you took a photo of my mashed thumb right after I hit it, you wouldn't see much. The reason is, it doesn't turn black right away. It takes some time. Exactly how long it takes for the dark coloration to appear can vary depending on a number of factors. It might take longer if my hands are really cold for example, because blood flow isn't that great in cold hands to begin with.

LunaCognita makes an interesting case as he often does, but I can't rule out some kind of time delay effect in the bruised nails appearing, just like my thumb. The earlier photos taken on board, or just exiting the capsule may not have allowed the blackness to appear yet, even though the trauma may have already occurred. Regarding the blisters, the photos of the hands aren't clear enough nor are enough different angles shown to evaluate that claim completely, and once again, blisters can also grow long after the trauma has ended. There is an accumulation of fluid in the blister that may not even be visible right after the trauma, and we don't have any good photographs of the blisters to see how bad they really got. The hand fatigue seemed to be the biggest problem

So I'm not convinced of a conspiracy in this case, but I do find LunaCognita's presentation interesting, though he should have started showing some pictures earlier in the video, the first half was pretty boring and it didn't get to the meat, the photos, until the last half.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
EVA suit PDF.

Risks to crew health: extravehicular activity suit design parameters
Space Flight Evidence

A comprehensive analysis was recently completed of all musculoskeletal injuries and minor trauma sustained
in flight throughout the U.S. space program (Scheuring et al., 2009). This study identified 219 in-flight injuries,
of which 50 resulted from wearing the EVA suit, making this the second leading cause of in-flight injuries.

“Hand injuries were most common among EVA crewmembers, often due to the increased
force needed to move pressurized, stiff gloves or repetitive motion for task completion. Many
astronauts described the gloves causing small blisters and pain across their metacarpophalangeal
(MCP) joints. This could be due to dorsal displacement of the MCP joints against the glove in order
to flex the fingers [Viegas et al., 2004]. While not mission impacting injuries, they can potentially
distract an astronaut from important EVA tasks. Astronauts frequently develop onycholysis
(separation of nail from nail bed) after Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory training sessions, and it
is possible some of these injuries represent exacerbations of underlying ground-based injuries.”

Nine of the 219 in-flight injuries were sustained by Apollo astronauts who were performing lunar surface
EVAs. One Apollo astronaut suffered a wrist laceration from the suit wrist ring while working with drilling
equipment, and another crew member sustained wrist soreness due to the suit sleeve rubbing repeatedly. One
crew member injured his shoulder during a lunar EVA while attempting to complete multiple surface activities
on a tight mission timeline. Unbeknownst to his flight surgeon, this crew member later took large doses
of aspirin to relieve the pain. Many Apollo astronauts noted problems with their hands. One astronaut remarked:
“EVA 1 was clearly the hardest … particularly in the hands. Our fingers were very sore.” Another
Apollo astronaut remarked that his hands were “very sore after each EVA”; while another astronaut stated
that following the third lunar EVA, his MCP and proximal interphalangeal joints (knuckles) were so swollen
and abraded from a poor-fitting glove and/or lack of inner liner or comfort glove that he is certain that a
further EVA would have been very difficult if not impossible. Accordingly, it is no surprise that the Apollo
astronauts were adamant that the glove flexibility, dexterity, and fit be improved (Scheuring et al., 2007).

A study that was conducted from July 2002 to January 2004 identified the frequency and incidence rates of
symptoms by general body location and characterized the mechanisms of injury and effective countermeasures
(Strauss, 2004). During this study, 86 astronaut-subjects were evaluated in the NBL during 770 suited test
sessions. Symptoms were reported by the test subjects in 352, or 45.7%, of the sessions. Of these symptoms,
47% involved hands; 21% involved shoulders; 11% involved feet; 6% each involved arms, legs, and neck;
and 3% involved the trunk. Hand symptoms were primarily fingernail delamination, which was thought to be
secondary to excess moisture in the EVA gloves and axial loading of the fingertips (figure 14-8).

Now figure 14-8. Not sure this could be picked up in the images presented. The author should maybe have looked at more immediate skin discoloring on the neck.

However, if NASA found it important to use images that didn't depict Apollo astronaut injuries during EVAs it may just be a PR decision to alleviate what was the most unknown calculated danger of EVAs, radiation and the public's lack of understanding of the subject of radiation. In no way is it proof that Apollo didn't take place. It may also have been regarded as Intellectual Property, that NASA didn't want the Russians free access to, maybe they wanted to them to find out themselves through trial and error.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join