It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Assassination Of Malcolm X

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I just picked up Jesse Ventura's book American Conspiracies, and one of the chapters explores the assassination of Malcolm X and how elements of the CIA/FBI set him up to die out of fear that he and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. might form an alliance.

The official explanation of Malcolm X's death was that Black Muslims loyal to Elijah Muhammad killed him over a power struggle. Makes sense, right? Well there's more than meets the eye here.

Let's go back and explore what he was doing before his death. After his pilgrimage to Mecca, Malcolm dropped his hateful attitude and instead began forming alliances with revolutionary leaders in Africa and elsewhere, talking about civil rights as a human rights issue that the UNited Nations should take up.

By the time he returned to the United States on November 24, 1964, Malcolm had met with every prominent African leader and established an international connection between Africans on the continent and those in the diaspora.[132]
Wikipedia.

The FBI had been keeping an eye on Malcolm as far back as 1950, and once J. Edgad Hoover (then director of the FBI) learned that Malcolm would be Elijah Muhammad's likely successor, one COINTELPRO file straight up said "The secret to disabling the [NOI] movement, therefore, lay in neutralizing Malcolm X." [1]

In 1958, John Ali was an advisor, friend, and housemate to Malcolm, and in 1963 became the National Secretary of the Black Muslims. When Elijah Muhammads health went south, John Ali took over handling the group's finances and administration. At that time he was also working closely with the FBI and keeping an eye on Malcolm [2].

Ventura then interjects some of his Navy training and comments on the Standard Operating Procedure that one would expect: "heavy surveillance to learn how you live, what way would be best to do it, how do we set up the patsy and get away with it?"

After Malcolm X was suspended by Elijah Muhammad for 90 days, the FBI seized that opportunity and unsuccessfully attempted to bribe him.

On March 8, 1964, Malcolm announced that he was leaving the NOI and founding a new mosque in New York. Shortly afterwards, he and Dr. King met in Washington and talked for the first time. Soon after that, King said that unless Congress moved quickly, they could expect that "our nation is in for a dark night of social disruption" [3].

At this time Malcolm headed off to Mecca, and while he was gone the NYPD's BOSSI (Bureau of Special Service and Investigation) was infiltrating his new mosque and passing information to the FBI and CIA. Anthony Ulasewicz was in charge of this operation, and he's known for being involved during the Watergate scandal [4]. Ulasewicz brought onboard the black detective Gene Robers who joined up with Malcolm as a bodyguard [5]. The cops/government were all over Malcolm at this point.

In late May 1964, the five guys who would assassinate Malcolm X met for the first time. They were a part of a paramilitary training unit, known as the Fruit of Islam, based out of Newark, New Jersey [6]. That same summer, John Ali, the FBI informant from earlier, foreshadowed Malcolms death on a Chicago call-in radio station: "I predict that anuone who opposes the Honorable Elijah Muhammad puts their life in jeopardy." [7]

Malcolm was aware that he was being tailed by government agents, when he told a friend that "our Muslims don't have the resources to finance a world-wide spy network." [8]. While dining in Cairo, Malcolm reckognized the waiter as a man he'd seen in New York, and he had to be rushed to the hospital to get his stomach pumped due to a toxin in his food. The waiter was long gone by then, but it was obviously a failed assassination attempt.

President Johnson passed down false information to Director Hoover, who then passed it down to Richard Helms, the man in charge of clandestine operations at the CIA. He authorized increased surveillance on Malcolm X even though the FBI told the CIA that the charges were trumped up [9].

Hoover wrote in a memo: "There are clear and unmistakeable signs that we are in the midst of a social revolution with the racial movement at it's core. The Bureau, in meeting its responsibilities in this area, is an integral part of this revolution." [10].

At this point Malcolm was aware that he had a target on his chest and was going to be killed soon. Despite repeated requests, the police would not protect him because he had a "bad [rap] sheet. You don't offer somebody like that protection." [11]

In 1965, Malcolm was frequently shadowed by potential assassins. John Ali waited for his arrival in L.A. along with a group from NOI, and 15 NOI members hung around outside his hotel in Chicago. When Malcolm wasn't allowed to enter France, journalist Eric Norden found out from a diplomat "that the CIA planned Malcom's murder, and France feared he might be liquidated on its soil." [12]

On February 14th, Malcolm's house was firebombed, but he and his family safely escaped. When a fireman left a gasoline bottle in his home to make it out to be a publicity stunt, Malcolm realized that the plots went much deeper than the NOI. [13]

By this time, Gene Roberts had become close friends with Malcolm, and had warned his supervisors of a potential attempt on his life next Sunday at the Audubon Ballroom, but apparently nothing came of it.

That Sunday, Malcolm X was assassinated in the Audubon Ballroom. Benjamin Thomas organized the killing squad, Wilbur X threw a smokebomb, William X shot Malcolm in the chest with a sawed of shotgun, and Talmadge Hayer and Leon Davis lit him up with pistol shots. Hayer was shot in the thigh, and when he made it outside he was beat by an angry crowd.

When Leon Ameer, a 32-year-old aide to Malcolm, went to the FBI 10 days after the assassination to talk about a conspiracy that included elements of the government, he was found dead a few days later in his Boston apartment. First it was ruled a suicide, then a drug overdose, and finally "natural causes." [14]

While the death of Malcolm X seems like a simple revenge killing, the it was clearly much deeper than that. The evidence shows that elements of our government were involved in his death.
edit on 4-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sources:
American Conspiracies by Jesse Ventura, chapter 4.

[1] - "neutralizing Malcolm X": FBI HQ file on Elijah Muhammad; FBI NY file on Malcolm X, cited by Karl Evanzz, The Judas Factor: The Plot to Kill Malcolm X, Thunder's Mouth Press, N.Y., 1992, p. 186.

[2] - John Ali's background: "The Muder and Martyrdom of Malcolm X", by James W. Douglass, in The Assassinations, edited by Jim DiEugenio and Lisa Pease, Feral House, 2003, pp. 378-379.

[3] - "dark night of social disruption": Evanzz, pp. 226-227.

[4] - Ulasewicz: Douglass, p. 390.

[5] - Roberts with Malcolm X: Douglass, pp. 390-391.

[6] - Assassins come together: Doughass, pp. 392.

[7] - John Ali on "life in danger": Evanzz, pp. 247-248.

[8] - Malcolm on "resources": Ghosts in Our Blood, by Jan Carew, Lawrence Hill Books, Chicage, 1994, p. 39.

[9] - CIA report/knowledge: Evanzz, p. 254.

[10] - Hoover on "social revolution": Evanzz, pp. 258.

[11] - "bad rap sheet": The Death and Life of Malcolm X, by Peter Goldman, University of Illinois Press, 1979 second edition, p. 261.

[12] - French knowledge: Douglass, p. 404, citing Eric Norden, "The Murder of Malcolm X", The Realist, February 1967, p. 12.

[13] - Firebombing of house" Douglass, p. 406.

[14] - Ameer death: Evanzz, pp. 314-315.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can't believe there are no posts in this thread.. I'm gonna have to bump this one guy's..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
great post! i had long wondered about malcolm x and i am thankful to have this knowledge. i have a lot of admiration for dr. king's ideas and have read about his assassination. it's interesting to me that it appears each of these men became much more of a threat to TPTB's agenda when they started becoming more concerned with overall violation of basic human rights, and less focused on the plight of a particular race.

the longer we remain bickering among ourselves, striving for the betterment of only segments of our whole, then our efforts will remain arduous and ineffective. united our efforts are exponentially multiplied. it is in our sheer numbers that our strength lies.

i think that the message that all people, regardless of ethnicity, sexual preference or age, were and are being oppressed helps to unify all of those segments of Us against the oppressors.

at any rate, thank you for the info on mr. x.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

great post! i had long wondered about malcolm x and i am thankful to have this knowledge. i have a lot of admiration for dr. king's ideas and have read about his assassination. it's interesting to me that it appears each of these men became much more of a threat to TPTB's agenda when they started becoming more concerned with overall violation of basic human rights, and less focused on the plight of a particular race.
Yeah the evidence shows that the official story of Dr. Kings assassination doesn't add up, that's probably going to be my next thread that I'll post sometime in the near future.
edit on 4-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: TO edit my post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ah, a much overlooked death. Those dirty...Insert expletive here
Thank you for bringing light to this issue. Makes me want to look into more fishy assassinations myself..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by littlefinch

That book by Jesse Ventura would be a great place to start. I'm only on chapter 5 and I've already read about the assassinations of Lincoln, Malcolm X, and Dr. King, and I'm sure there are more to come. If you have a Borders nearby you should see if they have it, I found it in the Politics section and it was like $5 with the going-out-of-business discounts.
edit on 4-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Interesting thread! The sixties was one of the wildest times in US history, and a lot of shady business was taking place under the nose of the American people. Very peculiar assassinations taking place involving some of the most charismatic and influential leaders the country's history.

A lot of talent was lost in those days because of these mysterious assassinations. Malcolm X was among that group. I suppose it is not a good idea to challenge the throne or the status-quo? The sixties was a strange time indeed. Plenty of assassinations, police state activities, social upheaval, civil unrest, the height of the Cold War, government coups the world over, and radical movements taking shape. Malcolm X was just a victim of the times, as many of his contemporaries were. They must have crossed that invisible line with their rhetoric, and political movements? The world was upside down. Very informative OP!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Great post. Malcom was a brilliant though misunderstood man, especially by us white people. I remember from reading the Alex Haley book that Malcom attempted to enter France I believe, and his he was denied entry due to his passport. It was then that he suspected that it was more than the Nation after him.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Excellent thread. It really goes to show you how the hidden hand works in neutralizing threats.

S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
As expected, TPTB are always behind the death of influential figures in history who cause controversy and go against the views of the mainstream.

Even after all what they have done in plain sight, the majority still continue to trust TPTB like sheep, thats why none of them have ever been brought to justice.

The FBI forced the Black Panthers to shut down but they did nothing to stop the equally racist KKK which are still openly functional today.

Kinda ironic isn't it?
edit on 5-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
As expected, TPTB are always behind the death of influential figures in history who cause controversy and go against the views of the mainstream.

Even after all what they have done in plain sight, the majority still continue to trust TPTB like sheep, thats why none of them have ever been brought to justice.

The FBI forced the Black Panthers to shut down but they did nothing to stop the equally racist KKK which are still openly functional today.

Kinda ironic isn't it?
edit on 5-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

The government has gone after the KKK quite a bit and the Klan now is actually the third Klan. The Klan kept their identities hidden so it was much harder to stop. Also unlike the Panthers the Klan had enough wealthy members to hire lawyers to protect them.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Cant have a muslim getting publicity for showing up the atrocities of the masons/zionists in power.

When will Amercica ever learn

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
He spoke wise words to the FBI agents lol

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They went after the wrong guy in my opinion.

Malcom X was furious with the fact that Muhammed Ali was named instead of him. Cashus Clay took the name Muhammed Ali from the preacher that suspened Malcom X. Malcom withdrew from the teachings of Islam and tried to warn Muhammed Ali about the dangers and perils of hardcore Islamic fundamentalism. It was his denial of Islam that got him killed.

Malcom X helped Turn Cashus Clay into a hardcore devout Muslim.
Muhammed Ali Quoted"Anyone who goes against the prophet Muhammed will die" - the quote is as close to the exact as I can remember.

Sadly Malcom X was who he was but at the end of his life he tried to stop all the madness he help set in motion but it was too late and the beasts he helped perpetuate continue to this day.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Excellent Post OP !

I'll have to pick up the Book as well.
This is why Jesse has Malcom X in his book, due to the fact that..

Malcom X, was predicting way back in the 1960's, exactly what is occurring in the US today.

Which is the subjugation of our Constitutional Republic.

Another indication of Malcom's understanding of what was really going on was...

The way in which Malcom X refused to accept bribes from the FBI in what he described as "Worthless Dollars" back in 1964 ...how prophetic in looking at what the Dollar is actually worth today !

What was occurring in the United States was exactly what Dwight D. Eisenhower and later JFK had warned us about and that was the takeover of America by Fascists and the Military Industrial Complex.

And this is exactly why 911 and the Patriot Act was implemented under G.W. Bush's Presidency which was solely intended to violate and negate the freedoms granted to us by our founding fathers under the US Constitution.

What did all of these assassinated leaders MLK,JFK,RFK and Malcom X have in common ?

They were all very vocally outspoken against the wars....which is the mainstay and bread and butter of the Fascists and their Military Industrial Complex .. Whom are in the business of wars .....wars for profit.

That's why Malcom X and others of this era were silenced.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I thought this was common knowledge, i.e. the accepted story, I really did... There's even a movie on Netflix about it: Malcolm X , starring Denzel Washington that I watched a couple of years ago.

The assassination of Malcolm X by the Nation of Islam, promoted and enabled by the CIA. He just wouldn't play the game...
edit on 5/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
S&F, I've always thought the same people were behind all the major assassinations of that era, JFK, RFK, MLK, and Malcolm too. good information here, will look further into it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
It was his denial of Islam that got him killed.

Which is why the feds were following him, correct?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There were NYPD officers assigned to guard Malcolm X the day of his assassination. In fact, there were plainclothes NYPD officers inside the ballroom ... one of them was interviewed by my local newspaper Newsday several years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join